I'm planning on reading Dostoevsky's work. Any recommendations on where to start?

And why do you want that obscurant exactly? He’s one of the most uncomfortable reads imo. Out of so called russian classics.

10 shades of Green. And famous Landau textbooks of physics listed:
Mechanic
Field theory
quantum mechanic
quantum electrodynamic
Stat physics
Hydrodynamic
Tension theory
Continuum electrodynamics (I still dream of it sometimes. Goddamn nightmare fuel)
Stat physics part 2
Phyz kinetic.

You’re absolutely badass if yoy’ve read even half of that :slight_smile:

Тот неловкий момент, когда все 5ть лет все околофизические дисциплины у вас преподает Гиндзбург. И приходится читать книжки потому что из лекций старого пердуна не понятно решительно ничего.:furious:

To experience it for myself.

Turning your back to something which is perceived to be bad because people say it is, or running headfirst towards something which is likewise perceived to be good is a dangerous precedent.

Understanding and experiencing why exactly these…objects if you will are deemed to be good/bad adds to my own perspective and broadens it.

It allows me to explore the human condition a little further.

EDIT: And yes. I’m a rational idealist struggling to make sense of a fundamentally irrational reality.

Тут уйма факторов. Далеко не факт, что с другим лектором всё пошло бы лучше.

Ahahah, that argument I cannot argue with. More power to you then

Вроде проблемы старого пердуна-лектора эффективно решаются раздачей тех самых лекций в электронном или бумажном виде. Если у тела проблемы изложить это в выделенное время, можно просто написать всё что нужно в выдаваемых студентам конспектах. И царапать ничего не надо.

Я не настоящий сварщик со своим органическим синтезом 10 лет назад, не знаю, что с вами делает Гинздбург, конечно

Ой, я закончил 12ть лет назад, так что у меня никаких проблем нет :stuck_out_tongue: Но эти великолепные лекции запомнились, конечно, особенно на контрасте с другими лекторами с вменяемой подачей матерьяла =)

I don’t think I have ever read Russian literature. I don’t hate myself enough yet to subject myself to it.

I tried to read Notes from Underground once.

Was that any good?

@sir spanksalot

If you would like to to get acquainted with Dostoevsky’s work I would recommend you to start with “The Gambler” and “The Insulted and Injured”, see full list below:

Crime and Punishment (Преступление и наказание)
The Brothers Karamazov (Братья Карамазовы)
The Double (Двойник)
The Insulted and Injured (Униженные и оскорбленные)
Notes from the Underground (Записки из подполья)
The Crocodile (Крокодил)
A Raw Youth (Подросток)
Poor Folk (Бедные люди)
The Idiot (Идиот)
The Gambler (Игрок)
A Gentle Spirit (Кроткая - см. Дневник писателя, ноябрь 1876)
The Possessed (Бесы)

Best regards,
Strannik

Ty for that . Now i have to search those titles in italian :blush:

Мне стало интересно, ты учился на МехМате или на ФизФаке? И если не секрет - МГУ или другой ВУЗ?

Out of curiosity, did you study on Mathematics Department or Physicial Departmnet? Sounds like it was MSU, am I right?

Другой университет и другой Гиндзбург :uuu:

@They Live

I have updated the link on italian titles in my previous post.

Ясно. А факультет то какой? :d

Ty sir. Appreciated. Grazie!

Gosh strannik! Thanks so much man!

I’ve just started crime and punishment yesterday. Will post my thoughts on it as I progress further. :smiley:

You are always welcome! :wink: