I'm probably going to get shot by Z for posting this, but RoH - does it need a buff?

I really hope you’re wrong about Z not rebalancing RoH anytime soon…I don’t know anything about coding, but I would assume it’s a simple matter of deleting the ‘3’ in ‘-30%’ and replacing it with ‘1’ so it’d read ‘-10%’

I think the godly times with N&O show misleading information how OP is rune.I mean in 7.0 was nerfed and on next major patch even bigger hit.That’s rarely happening,skill power being severely reduced on consecutive patches and without op weapons it became not good enough skill to build around.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

I feel like you’re absolutely right Nery. RoH seemed OP because N/O was OP.

I was discussing this very thing with _ya last night too.

Can the done be undone, we’ll be looking forward to see it.
Elemental Harmony is N/O’s evil twin. But not all N/O build use rune.

I should rephrase myself - RoH seemed more OP than it actually was, because it was too powerful a skill.

Only RoH itself or all the bonus cold damage from equipment make it the way you think ??

RoH itself was really powerful back in the day.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDL8pzZ

EDIT: This was back when chillspikes had 125% WD instead of 80%

The shame is totally on me. I’ll stay at the corner for a while.
It seems I’m the one misunderstood you here.
A question here, why reduced target’s damage also reduce RoH’s damage??
So it doesn’t reduce target’s damage dealt on us??

Edit: Now I’ll face myself against the wall now. Didn’t read patch 1.1.1.0
I thought you’re talking about AoC and Dreadfire thing. :o
That’s why I’m so confused. Please pretend you didn’t see this.

Rune of Hagarrad: now deals 30% reduced damage at point blank

What do you mean?

Why is there a -30% reduced damage modifier on RoH?

Look edited above, I realized in a second how stupid I’m.
At this point let me rocket myself away from this theme ASAP.

Nothing to be ashamed of! :smiley:

I agree that the dmg penalty needs to be atleast -50% :stuck_out_tongue:

Your MOM’S IQ is -50%. :stuck_out_tongue:

:cry:

Throws dead Birbs at you

Now I understand.

After bying FG I started up my favorite little Infiltrator. I had no issues in Elite beforehand and went back to normal and started up FG. I had a hard time and wondered if I was tired or out of practise. It is an almost complete Rune-Trapper. I had only smaller problems and were kting much before, but now it felt weak and in constant danger…
Went to my slightly lower level Conjurer and had not much of a problem, doing the same thing. Shattered Realms were even easier with it. Will test my Witch Hunter if I am able soon.

As someone playing “legit” and levelling up it fells like a pretty deep hit for my Infiltrator. It was okay to be nerved, as sometimes mobs didn’t even get close to me (which would have been my death anyway :smiley: ) and combat shrines could be severly trapped, but now it feels over top nerved.

RoH is needs buffs, actually (or denerfs?). Op result was a fluke. Everything aligned. One in a million kinda run. The average time is either around 6 or zero because trying to go faster than 6 will get you killed most of the time.

3 Likes

Alternatively, a buff to artifact’s handling ultimate levels would be nice.

@adoomgod @sir_spanksalot
Nope, the rune is fine. Further nerfing will make it really bad
As @ya1 said, it’s one a million kind a run. More consistent setup does ~6min
Otherwisee, the deal is in extra RR on set and almost full pierce->cold conversion

@Dmt: I’m not suggesting a nerf to RoH, I’m suggesting a buff to it. 25% DR on it is pretty harsh because it affects the frostburn on chillsurge.

I made a thread some time ago about how RoH needs a buff, the 5% damage increase it now has isn’t enough IMO.

But I haven’t tried it since 1.1.1.2, so I can’t say for sure.

I never said anything about a nerf. Wtf

1 Like