I'm probably going to get shot by Z for posting this, but RoH - does it need a buff?

It feels like it’s been thrown from one extreme to another…30% damage reduction is incredibly palpable.

Just tested this during my break - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7qYGaN

It’s almost hard to believe that this is being VASTLY outperformed by mortar.

I suggest removing the -30% damage reduction, and instead reducing the maximum number of additional projectiles on it by 1 (edited):
1st @ 11/12 chillsurge
2nd @ 22/12 chillsurge

This IMO should be fair when coupled with the flat damage reduction to the base-skill itself.

EDIT: It’s worth mentioning as well that I have never once asked for the inquisitor to be buffed. But this is painful to witness.

BS is not bs if you have at least 3 of them. Seriously, it’s quite sexy then, but still not a “HOLY SHIT THIS DAMAGE” type of sexiness.

BS never did any dmg. RoH seem bugged ATM, not sure what Crate did to it, but It don`t look like a 30% dmg reduction.

Maybe it’s because I’m kiting too much for them to stay on one enemy. Sure, I take back what I said about BS and will edit the OP.

What used to be the iconic skill of the inquisitor class is now barely mediocre. It needs a dedicated set, 2 additional modifiers, and to be hardcapped in 2 nodes for it to even be semi-competitive.

I’m not sure if it’s intended, but you can’t even reliably apply it’s frostburn damage anymore. Because something needs to step on RoH for it to be triggered, and because of the -30% dmg mod, your intended target will take 30% less frostburn. This by itself is incredibly crippling.

Blade Spirit is actually pretty strong with this set and with Conduit amulet, you can have four at once. Each Blade Spirit can easily deal 80k to 100k damage. With Whirlpool, it’s actually pretty awesome.

With Hagarrad, with all the complaining people have been making about it being broken, i highly doubt they will remove the damage penalty. Maybe reduce it but not remove it.

I feel like the main point of my suggestion is being ignored :eek:

Yes, I’m most likely wrong about BS. But RoH is so…average.

In its current state, I would MAYBE just get it as a devotion proccer, or for the DA shred.

With Hagarrad, with all the complaining people have been making about it being broken, i highly doubt they will remove the damage penalty. Maybe reduce it but not remove it.

Then the frostburn damage on chillsurge becomes rather irrelevant.

I would be okay with a 10% damage reduction, especially when paired with nerfs to the flat damage itself.

Tested RoH a little more incorporating suggestions from john_smith and _ya - i.e. mageslayer amulet vs starfury. Out of 6 naked runs in 170, I managed only to clear it twice.

Admittedly though, I got a lot more comfortable with the character and was able to pilot it much better.

I also feel that my clearance of 170 was more dependent on Rune of Arcane Displacement rather than RoH itself.

Despite my numerous tweaks and adjustments, the damage on RoH still feels somewhat dull. A big reason for this is because RoH does not instantaneously trigger after it’s armed

If a fast moving nemesis like kuba or reaper sprints across it, they will manage to avoid the bulk of its shotgun effect

So not only does the -30% damage mod gimp RoH’s frostburn ticks, it also makes it even more inefficacious against such enemies which are the one’s you’re going to innately struggle with.

Z, 30% is too much. Something needs to be done.

I have recently tried shard 50 with Runebinder Vindicator and rune damage feels weak. Much weaker then before. I never liked runes to beging with and will be remaking this Vindicator into Wind Izel build, but it feels like nerf was a bit too much.

I think runes really worked well because of Crucible environment. Overall they deserve to have huge damage, because they are a bit clunky to use, they have delay and they don’t heal.

I shot the sheriff :smiley:

But I didn’t shoot the deputyyyYYyy

Honestly, inquisitor deserved a bit of a nerf :stuck_out_tongue:

Totally agree. And I’ve always pushed for that. But I think -30% damage + flat damage nerfs to RoH = excessive.

Also, the thing which made inquisitor so strong wasn’t just limited to RoH, it’s how the mastery itself just had so much packed into its toolkit.

I just want to further demonstrate why I believe RoH’s clunkiness, coupled with its damage reduction is crippling in the new FG universe:

It is impossible to make RoH shotgun a fast moving enemy unless you endanger yourself
The only way to actually make RoH shotgun a fast moving target is for you to run into its attack range to make it start its attack animation. This is made even WORSE with the introduction of many enemies with gap-closing mechanics - Korvaak, and Kaisan are just 2 which come to mind.

Classes which rely on RoH as their predominant means of DPS are typically infiltrators, and infiltrators in turn rely hugely on dodge/fumble to remain alive.

The -30% damage mod forces you to do this 30% more.

So you’re caught between a rock and a hard place. Take the risk to try and eliminate the threat asap, or don’t and allow the threat to exist for longer.

See the gifs in the spoiler-boxes to see what I mean.

This is what tends to happen if you take the risk

This is what tends to happen if you do not

In its current state, you’re making this skill inaccessible to most players as the amount of skill needed to pull it off is absurd. And even then, no amount of skill can compensate for the randomness of things like the shattered realm.

EDIT: If the damage is something you don’t want to touch, then decreasing its arming time to something like 0.5s would also fix this problem.

OP is very much on point. 30% feels kinda like a curbstomp. I have an RoH infiltrator which was my 2nd level 100 in the game, so I’ve seen both sides… seems like a nerf just out of frustration

Don’t say it out loud until this build can delve into SR deeper enough without failure.

The punch is so weak now. Time to consider a new suit for a change.

maybe so but that’s more than a “bit of a nerf” IMO and doesn’t feel warranted. Reading through, a 10% reduction might be okay, but I’ve been playing my runefiltrator lately and it just doesn’t feel right at 30%

You can’t make it deep without repeatedly dying.

That’s my point. We could die trying all over again and again.
But how many death count for desirable result?? How far this build could reach??
Do you truly feel comfortable enough in SR with this build??
Rune has been nerfed in a scale that already lose its punch.
That’s why I’m making some modifications for infiltrator now.:frowning:

I feel like we are in agreement, and I must’ve misunderstood you. Apologies.

Misunderstood again, my bad.:o:o Not trying to push your mind reading ability here.
Truly don’t have any hard feeling about anything you’ve said.
Only lots of brain activities for new modifications.
That’s what we all do now. For all the love and hate in SR.
Interesting enough that I have a similar build just like you, instead it’s kiting build.
It seems to me Z won’t nerf rune any further for now.
SR is still under brutal invasion for many new possible builds.
If it does, that must be a reason good enough to swallow my tears.
Until then we’ll survive again and thrive.