Immortal spellscourge battlemage (normal game viable, not for crucible at atll!)

Introductions

Hello There! It is me again with another immortal build based around the idea of having 100% block chance and recovery. As with my past build i’ve found out that this does indeed mean that the shield blocks every time with no cooldowns.

This time i went wild with the spellscourge set and tried out many varieties of this build. Turns out this was my greatest success defense wise but… To be honest from the beginning the damage side though… it is worse than what a level 20 can dish out. This build was my greatest triumph and greatest failure. Wanted to share it though as it was still interesting and maybe some of you can make it into a viable solo tank.

Build

So this time we are doing the battlemage combination of soldier and arcanist. I can’t highlight the defensive properties enough as some of them actually feel overkill considering the rest of the build but the whole idea was based around something that doesn’t even take damage… So, here is the build!

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYJJqB2

I’ve actually had multiple varieties of this build and settled with forcewave since it has most cc potential but as said damage is lacking. Pretty much the points in forcewave can be rearranged with however you feel like since that was the main extra the build has that isn’t necessary for the shield functions.

Pros and cons

Pros would definetly be these points:
Resistances capped and some overcapped.
Health regen per second at best around 750~.
Armor standing at around 5600~.
Health 12.4k. It is not much but with the other stats it is lovely.
And the biggest thing of all… When overguard is on you have a constant 11.8k shielding. If i am not mistaken then not even the toughest baddies in grim dawn hit over 12k constantly in rapid fire so… Virtually there is nothing that can damage you.

Cons on the other hand are numerous aswell…
Biggest issue is that this build doesn’t have much retaliation in it or damage, at best when tested i reached around 25k on single hit.
Does not provide lifesteal protection so bosses that have insane lifesteal (looking at you kubacabra) will ruin your day as the fight is an endless standstill.
Boring to play most of the time if you are alone.
Immortal even at times when you don’t want to be immortal (made a stress test with properly using all abilities, just rotating them around while sitting in the kill zone of crucible… the green stuff didn’t kill me so i eventually gave up and it took it about 10-15 minutes to die there while using just overguard).

Conclusion

If you need a tank for your team that has no issue taking the hits of the biggest baddies in game then this is for you but you need to have a team full of proper glasscannons or fighters that won’t manage to steal the agro from you. It is functioning only as a meat shield for a team and nothing more unfortunately.

Other notes

Thank you for reading this far and if you are interested I will be releasing soon one more build that is based around the block immortality. After that i will be making a detailed guide on how to properly achieve this in game and what it needs though i am pretty sure people will quickly figure it out as it isn’t that difficult actually. I hope that these won’t get nerfed when i tell about them but if they do then oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Constructive criticism is always welcomed btw~

All of you have a good day/night! Thank you for reading and stay tuned for more!

Regards: Willowy

No offense here, but your build is designed pretty badly. You picked Forcewave, but Spellscourge set was not intended to work with it. Instead it was designed for Devastation, but you didn’t take it. Defenses are not needed here it such amounts, because Spellscourge is naturally well defended, but you sacrifice even more damage for no reason.

You can look at this build to get some useful tricks of using Spellscourge in right way:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67404

I know that the forcewave isn’t the best pick damage wise at all and actually i did test out the “all points remaining into devastation”. It works well as aoe damage in this build but damage wise it only ramped up an extra 5k with everything else still the same. I did say in my guide that forcewave was just a pick due to cc and usability (the stun is nice as i can keep an elite permastunned with it almost) and that those points in forcewave are flavor points as in they can be arranged in whatever way you see fit without damaging the defense potential^^

I did agree to the poorly built aswell. I said this build was my greatest success and failure due to me just going all out on the defense, trying to ramp it up as high as possibly could, reason for the lack of damage v.v

I like people - zero irony - that try their own build, at start they can be not fully optimized or wonky but the fun part of this game is to try your own thing. I salute the guy (or girl) who made this thread.

One of my first builds ( since legendary were introduced) was a vit/bleed warder using full wildblood (the first set i completed) . It was a piece of s**t but i had fun playing it and a vague sense of achievement.