Impertinent domineeringly patronising question to the developers: third expansion?

Oh, sorry. I didn’t see that. Only saw the dollar figures.

That’s why I asked here. There are developers active in the forum, afaik?

Then you should read my previous post in its entirety. You asked questions, I gave answers to the best of my knowledge. I didn’t write all that up for you to not read it.

Yes they are active and read most everything on this forum. As for if they are going to respond, that’s a whole nuther thing. And if they respond, are they going to divulge such things? /shrugs

You’ve been here for nearly a year and haven’t read a single Development Update or Patch Note? Who do you think writes those? :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

are you being serious right now?

Yes, I am. Zantai is project lead for GD and has been since Medierra took a step back from the day to day GD stuff to concentrate on the town builder they’re making entitled Farthest Frontier.

If you click on this
you’ll can see any Crate employee’s posts here. And there are a lot of them.

I KNOW that!! Come on!

Then why are you asking if they’re active here?

1 Like

Then why did you ask?

a little irony!? Please?

I shoulda PM’d Zantai instead…

While you do that go ahead and ask him what the odds are that he’s going to be so inspired that Crate is going to drop everything to make a 3rd expac for you even tho they’ve been saying since before FG that there won’t be anymore after FG :smirk: Let us know what he says.

1 Like

Feel free to start brainstorming and share your ideas with us. Maybe you can inspire :wink: more people to join you. Being German I recommend to keep your expectations low. Just do it for your personal enjoyment.

1 Like

You have already opened a post here about this subject, ignorant of previous Crate statements on the matter, people informed you about those but you shrug them off and now you’re adamant to PM Zantai, sure that your “inspiring aura” will change everything.

It doesn’t work this way. You’ll get no reply from him.

In order to get his attention you have to offer a Celestial Essence.

Then you’ll have his attention for those 3 tenths of a second that pass between the offering of the Celestial Essence and being oneshotted.

1 Like

shoulda means should have, not will. The inital question still stands, and I do indeed know, that unfortunately today, money inpires better than ideas… so sad!

well… I read about a year ago from a banned member about the toxicity of this forum (you are one of not many trying to be NOT). Now I know, what he/she meant. Btw: is there no ‘ideas’ - thread already…? Maybe I will indeed put one up then.

… what do you mean? This is an interresting statement.

No. I am fully aware of those statements, maybe not every single one, but most of 'em. And the examples posted above show options.

Anyeay: the initial question still stands.

Probably plenty over the years in the Ideas & Feedback section of the forum.

Do the devs even post here?

I mean I know they do but seriously do the devs even post here!??

I think Zantai is a dev :thinking::zantai:

Money has nothing to do with why they aren’t making another expansion as I’m sure they are well aware that another expac would sell well enough they’d make their money back and then some probably - the real reason is that the game is already overlong as it is and they have decided that continuing it in a new game in the future would be better than bloating the current game anymore.

PLUS - as a company Crate has been nearly continuously working on GD for more than a decade now. They want to do other things for a bit. It’s as simple as that.

You can keep standing it up - all day long if you like. It won’t change the answer.

The length of time it would take has already been answered but I’ll say it again: for an expac like AoM or FG it takes them roughly a year and a half.

I have already provided you with enough information that you can easily come up with money estimates on your own but I will get you started:

Assume that ONE developer makes a base pay of 40,000 dollars (USD) per year and the expac takes a year and a half to make = $60,000

There ya go. Numbers and shit. Play with 'em. Developers can make a fairly wide range in pay so who’s to say except medierra how much he pays his employees - and I seriously doubt he is going to give that information out. When you speak of how much an expac costs to make, the vast majority of that cost is what you pay your employees. Other possible expenses might be contracting out for soundwork and music and voiceovers and potentially to have cutscenes made - these could potentially be very expensive or they could be relatively cheap - it all depends on how much you’re willing to kick in on it and the talent level you’re willing to shell out for. But knock yerself out and guesstimate away.

Here’s some links to get your “inspiration” flowing (note: some of these might be old but you should be able to get the picture):

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200158/Some_simple_math_for_figuring_out_your_games_audio_budget.php

https://www.quora.com/Typically-how-much-would-a-game-producer-pay-for-20-music-pieces-produced-for-the-background-trailer-and-soundtrack-for-a-game

https://online.berklee.edu/takenote/gaming-music-how-to-price-composition-work/

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/3001/better_game_design_through_.php

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/315211/QA_An_indie_devs_guide_to_hiring_casting_and_directing_voice_actors.php

4 Likes