In-Game Resolution Options

When I first started the game, I had several resolution options, including many above 1920x1080@143hz.

Now the highest option I have is 1920x1080@143. Any ideas on why they’re not even showing anymore?

The only things I have done is added GrimInternals, and Rainbow text or whatever the loot addon/mod is.

Do you get those options back without GrimInternals? Because GI adds stuff to the UI, it’s possible it’s not scaled to higher resolutions properly.

Give me a moment and I will check. If that’s the case, is there no way to play on a higher res with GI?

Don’t know. Probably a question for the GI thread.

Actually, launching Grim Dawn without GI, I still cannot get the options for a higher res…

If you are playing in borderless windowed mode it wont go larger than the desktop resolution.

You could check if it is on full screen. This would only matter if your desktop res is smaller.

maybe running x86 vs x64?

As a last resort you could try the GEDOSATO tool.

I’m running it fullscreen. I’ve ran it in normal, x64, x86, with and without GI…still not able to go higher than 1920x1080. But last week, I could go into the 3xxx’s

I have tried everything I know how, and this is VERY irritating lol.

Navigate to: C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\Settings and open up the options.txt file located there to edit it.

Change the resolution to what you want it at and then set the refresh rate to what you want. As you can see in mine it says 60000 1000 on the refreshRate line. 60000 means 60hz. Set yours appropriately.

As for why yours suddenly got borked… dunno. But this is how you fix it.

1 Like

Well, I have to assume that it happened after I installed GI. So maybe the installation of GI actually made the difference. I’ll mess around with the settings file. Appreciate the info

Possibly but I use GI as well and have never had this happen to me. However, we do see some people from time to time have nearly identical oddities post here and the number one thing they tend to have in common is that they are either on laptops with switchable graphics or desktops also with switchable graphics (Intel and Nvidia etc). Does your system fit this description? If so this likely has something to do with it.

Either way, hopefully this helps - it should rectify the issue once you set it properly in the file.