In the name of Gauss Or How I learned to stop worrying and loved PTH

I was trying to figure out how much is OA and DA’s effect on damage and survivability, I tried forum but could not find a nice explanation on the topic so I started from the grim’s site.

I really appreciate the amount of detail you give, I really do, but i cant stop myself about b*tching on the PTH formula :crazy_face:. In the name of Gauss how many paranthesis are there? *300)*0.3)? why not just 90? come’n mate are you trying to make it unreadable ? :blush:

Here is a graph of PTH and difference between OA and DA. I tried to show that at different amount of enemy DA, difference between OA and DA has almost linear proportion with PTH. If OA-DA is around 350-400 you will have 100 PTH, if OA equals to DA the PTH will be 90. Also it is pretty hard to increase PTH after a certain point.

Next question in my mind was how much PTH is enough or good to have? Below graph shows that PTH of 100 is a must have imo. You can see the effect of crit multipliers compared to PTH. (Btw these are all from my understandings after reading the grim’s site, I am not %100 sure on the topic)

As you can see more PTH is better however to have 150 PTH you need to have more than 2300 points difference between your OA and DA of the enemy.

And the last graph is for a specific encounter, we have +20% crit modifier and enemy has 2800DA. If we have 3750-3800 OA instead of 3150-3200 OA, our dps will be 5% more. According to grim tools monster DB Ravager of Soul has 2828 DA. I think around 3300 OA is decent.

Btw if there is a major mistake i would not be suprised, if you see it please let me know. :blush:

3 Likes

Nice work mate, I have something similar in a GeoGebra worksheet.

PTH? And don’t we all love those verbal explanations?..

probability to hit, it is explained here

don’t we all love those reading skills? :wink:

1 Like

Only if you’re checking the inappropriate level of Ravager. He has level 112, if I remember correctly, so his DA is 3136.

ty, Would you like to share dude? I would like to look at it.

it would be better if i had the written the full form of PTH in the first parag, ty ty i will keep that in mind.

where can i look at those numbers?

In Grimtools.

lmao post must be 10 c

you can change the monster level, click on the underlined “100” and type in the desired level, stats will change accordingly.

Also don’t mind username, half of their posts are trolling attempts and imho it’s not worth trying to figure out which ones aren’t.

ty dude, i dedicate these graphs to you.

I have taken several values of OA and DA from grimtools, then calculated PTH values and calculated approximate damage increments accordingly.

Below graph shows 2 different (3500 & 3000) OA values against 2 different enemies (Grava & Ravager) at different levels. Btw we have a +20% crit multiplier modifier.

At shatter realm 75 i have seen level 111 of both enemies. Assuming their level goes higher in the deeper realms their dps output increases and our dps values decreases. Effect of increasing 500 points of OA can be seen in the graph.

Below graph is for the opposite situation, we have 2 different (2700 & 3000) DA values against same enemies. Effect of increasing 300 points of DA can be seen in the graph.

Ravager%20%26%20Grava'Thul%20vs%202700%20%26%203000%20DA%20(2)