Incoming Closed Beta for TQ

I will leave the post here,

Seens like a new game is in the works, or new dlc ?

Correct me if im wrong…I recall and i thought that the last dlc didnt do very well
Not very sure about it

It did not.

Thats right
And i saw taht they need like 10-20 peeps to test a new build. I suppose its just a small hotfix/balance build

Right now with amount of fix and balance its a good expac not the same as IT but it sold well.

New expac for TQ , fans were happy to see something new like that and for sure they bought for support

From steam,

“…working on a major new build that is going to change quite a few things…”

“…cannot wait to see what input YOU have about the new patch and things that we have added/changed…”

I dont think its small hotfix, also they never went closed beta on patches before, i think

this means they’re going to take more input from beta players for the next patches. i’m sure the hardcore fans at titanquestfans site will be hyped to join this beta test. tq could use some balancing for weird or op uniques. like giant’s tooth that gives +80% strength while other uniques barely reach +40% strength.

honestly, any updates on tq is appreciated. it’s been half a year? i think… since 1.57 patch. and there’s almost no news after that.

I hope this means a new tq dlc is in the works sooner or later. this could also bring more activity to tq mods. mods like lilith, soulvizier, and hamunaptra which brings major new contents and overhauls are what many players love in tq.

TQ at this point is a very niche game, it has some very dedicated fans but there’s not a lot of them. I don’t see how they can make money on new content. I tried playing TQ again a while ago but it’s so dated, it’s hard to enjoy.

I genuinely can’t play Titan Quest anymore. Everytime i’m playing it, i just have a voice in my head telling me to play Grim Dawn. The latter just has a better targetting system and flow of combat that no mod for TQ can change it.

Yeah, I’m just hoping these changes are huge QOL changes to bring the game into this century.

is it common to have beta testers sign an NDA?!? for a 15 year old game? I’m trying to figure out what in the world they could be changing that would require that level of secrecy.

It will be interesting to see what the developers have planned for Titan Quest. I highly doubt any new game would be in the works but DLC, additional features/improvements or simply bonus areas/quests wouldn’t be surprising to see. The askance for additional help from the community makes sense with Ragnarok being released in a rather buggy state which I supposed they would want to avoid this time round.

Haven’t played TQ in yonks, don’t think I can also bring myself to play it either, it’s interesting that it’s still been supported, but then again, the publisher has made some big mistakes in it’s games releases recently. Darksiders 3, been one. and the expansion of TQ. If they are going to start listening to beta testers more, you have to wonder, why, they didn’t do that before the expansion was released?

I do question the motives of the devs, but who knows, maybe this will make the next update / expansion better, time will tell I guess?

Depends on what they’re planning to add. Basically you’re expected not to leak any info before they make an announcement about it, same as it works here with Crate. Only difference is Crate works on a trust system for the playtesters rather than actual NDA paperwork. Crate offers you the privilege to become a playtester, but you’re expected not to abuse that privilege. You keep stum until Crate have made an official announcement.

If you do abuse the system, you wind up in a deep dark dungeon, where Evil med has your soul for breakfast!! (and if anything is left, you don’t want to know what happens next!! :stuck_out_tongue: )

But NDAs are sometimes common in beta testing, so its not unheard of. But I suspect there will be a lot of changes, but still, it depends if the devs listen to the beta testers. The problem is, depends on how much time the expansion will get? if there isn’t a lot of time, then beta testers will get the short end of the stick.

I been a beta tester for a game where that has sadly has happened, and the game was released in a terrible state. So basically, why did I bother?

The problem is, many games and expansions are not getting the time that they deserve. So its all down to how much time the expansion will get. If the TQ devs want to avoid another botched release, then they need to invest more time into the project. Right now, I don’t think I can say that the devs will do the project justice.

If there is no NDA, it’s a demo disguised as a beta test or part of an EA.

Well the problem with tq in my opinion is the severely lacking game mechanics, it’s always felt like unfinished game to me in that regard. But i’m still excited to see what they’re working on.

Applications are now closed for this. Successful applicants will hear over the coming week.

And that’s after Zantai’s finished with you. :eek:

Agreed. I struggle to play Titan Quest now because the combat simply lacks that impact and crunchiness that GD has. If anything that is what they should focus on; overhauling the engine to make combat more satisfying and impactful. Currently the combat still feels like swinging a sword through the air when attacking a monster. If they were to address this one aspect it would immediately make the game significantly better IMHO.

SFX is a big part in what makescombat games exciting and replayable.
i agree that tq’s melee sfx feels weak compared to gd.
however, the familiar mythological setting of tq is what makes many players including me still playing it from time to time.

try adding small bleed damage to your tq char’s melee attack.
yeah, its useless if not enhanced, and total useless against undead.
but the tq bleed attack impact’s sfx is kinda crunchy compared to the rest of tq’s combat sfx.