Increase Mogaras Manticore Eye Drop rate

As the title suggests: Please increase the drop rate for Manticore Eyes by Mogara. There isn’t a lot of options to deliberately farm Manticore Eyes within the regular campaign of GD.

I just did 12 runs for her and also killed Hero- and Alpha Manticores that were on the way to Mogara and got just 2 Manticore eyes out of these runs. That’s frustrating.

I can rationalize farming other materials, for example:

Ugdenbloom: They have a high drop rate, every run for it will be at least somewhat fruitful and therefore worth it, even when having ‘bad luck’. Also, I might get a nice Kuba spawn and can strip him off some nice pants. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Blood of Ch’thon: At least two main bosses drop them but on my way to these bosses I’m also able to farm Chtonic Seal of Binding. Even if I don’t get my Blood of Ch’thon, at least I get some of the Seals. Worth it.

Farming Mogara on the other hand, because I need at least 8 Manticore Eyes, is absolutely boring and because of a rather low success rate frustrating, as I already wrote before. The area is literally called Pine Barrens. I rest my case.

Your best bet would be to also open any treasure troves you find, dynamite can be crafted in bulks and just use every single one for the chests. I found myself having a few dozen manticore eyes just by opening the treasure troves, what also helps is that you of course farm the totems, aether as well, the corrupted manticores can drop they eyes too

All valid points but this is more about actually target farming this particular material. I could also get them by playing SR and hope for the best.

In fact, I do include one Treasure Trove in Deadman’s Gulch in my run to help myself out but that’s not really the point. Other materials are just overall better to target farm.

I just did 18 more runs on Mogara (and the subsequent Alphas/Heroes on my way to her). This is the result:

18runs

3 Manticore Eyes. And one of the Eyes indeed comes from a Treasure Trove. This is terrible IMO.

2 Likes

I see… Well I must say that I DID notice that manticore eyes were in fact the only material that I was lacking during my playtrough but then again I didn’t specifically farm for them either, In any case I suppose some changes may be introduced only on the next expansion patch, but for now you just got to grind for it… On the bright side only 3 are required to craft the mythical relics as far as I saw, could’ve been worse…

1 Like

In the v1.2 playtest the relic recipes have been overhauled.
I need 9 manticore eyes for Eye of the Storm, only got 4 after clearing the Jagged Wastes area at least once on each difficulty and some dedicated farming runs on Ultimate (HC SSF).

I wouldn’t mind the low drop chance from Mogara herself if there wasn’t a lack of hero manticores in the area. Sometimes I only see a single one or none at all.

So I’d suggest increasing the eye droprate by increasing the Hero spawn chance.

1 Like

That would be another solution to the problem but that might introduce balancing issues for lower level characters with non-optimal gear. Also, it would somewhat force you to clear this godforsaken area :crazy_face: I really don’t like this place…

I don’t think so, it’s still an Act 3 area and other areas before that have decent hero spawns already, at least on Veteran. And if a player can kill Mogara, some additional heroes shouldn’t be a problem at all.

You can always farm The Immolation :stuck_out_tongue:

Just kidding, even though it is possible to find manticore eyes there, the chances are even slimmer than in the Jagged Waste. I recently farmed the place a couple times for Storm Heralds, didn’t get a single manticore eye. Again, I think it’s because a lack of hero manticores. Manticore Alphas have an eye dropchance of only 4%, so some longer streaks of bad luck aren’t uncommon.

I checked some numbers, and if they aren’t outdated by now there are 6 manticore heroes and 2 bosses. The heroes all have 15% eye dropchance, but since their spawn points are spread all across the game world the chance for each of them to appear in the Jagged Waste isn’t that great. For Waroxis and Blazara it’s 40%, for Raxa, Neleron, Ar’kall and Uroxis it’s only 32% . Their other potential spawn spots are so far spread out that target farming those isn’t really worth it imo.

The 2 bosses are Mogara with a 30% dropchance, and Deathstalker with only 10%. So Jagged Wastes still remains the best farming spot, but chances are you won’t see any heroes and Mogara and the Alphas are your best chance to find an eye.

I’m sorry, looked on the wiki, info there is not up to date apparently for the 1.2v…

No worries. In v1.1.9.8 most high tier relics need only 3 eyes, except Deathstalker relic which needs 8 iirc.

As for the Wiki, I don’t know if the “official” wiki is being updated anymore at all. The latest “news” on the front page is from 2021, and most item info pages have outdated stats.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.