Indication if DoT is enough to kill

Hey there,

So when you deal DoTs, especially as a melee build, it is of great interest for you, if your applied Dot will eventually kill your enemy (so that you can move on), or not.
Estimating this is not always easy:

• health bars indicate only relative HP
  • absoulute DoT values can vary by default
  • you can land a crit or not, and so on.

So I was thinking: Some indication if the applied DoT will eventually kill the enemy, will come in very handy.
Like e.g. the enemy health bar could turn from red to dark red - something like that.
What you think? I for sure would love it!

1 Like

Seems kind of superfluous.

I don’t see crate allocating the time for this feature when there are more pressing matters.

Let’s say Crate adds this.
What if someone heals the monster? Or if it leeches from you and doesn’t actually die? Or one of monster’s buffs kicks in and saves it? Or monster would die under a debuff, but then debuff wears off and monster survives?
Covering all checks would require much work while estimating monster’s survival is easy enough once you’ve got a feel of your character. After some time I “just know” if a monster will die.

2 Likes

Pretty much a basic skill for Crucible pilots.

Then the enemy healthbar would increase, and in some cases turn back to being “bright red” again.
I just thought, while estimating those things is hard, implementing such a feature could be fairly easy and provide QoL big time.

Hence my horrific crucible skills, maybe.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.