Information on deceased villagers in cemeteries

Not sure how feasible this would be especially at a larger scale, but. I’d like to be able to click on a headstone and it tell me who the villager was and how and when they died. For example in my most recent save, I’ve just had my first death, lost a farmer called Angrim to typhoid in early summer of year 8. I wish I could click on his headstone in the cemetery and see that. Kind of like the widget that you can look at when you get the popup alerting you of the death, before someone comes to bury them.

I’m one of those folks that gets emotionally attached to the tiny people on my screen, and I felt bad when I forgot the names of the people who died in my first save, haha. I’ve started a spreadsheet for the new one. I’ll remember you, Angrim :cry:

1 Like

This has been discussed by others and this is Crate’s favorable response.

Problem there is a lack of individual names, there’s like 20 or so that keep being repeated. What I’d like is for idle villagers in services to collect the bodies from the streets and fields, and idle healers to collect bodies from homes as part of preventing disease spreading.

Well, you can rename your villagers if you want to.

Is that possible?

Yes, it is. Just click on their name and then change it to whatever you want.

2 Likes

Of course you know, this means my next farmer will be the Roman Odius Asparagus,
and my first Healer in the next game session will be the Gaul Getafix,
the first Blacksmith his cousin Fulliautomatix . . .

But this just replaces the 20 names (or so) used. It doesn’t actually add to those 20 names. Is that a correct interpretation?

Far as I know from Zantai’s comment above they get added to the pool and don’t replace the ones already in the game.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.