Inquisitor Seal - reduce max distance so that the character is always in range

I propose the following maximum distance (you can see the character’s benefiting from the Seal)

instead of the current one

• Yes
  • No
  • I don’t care

0 voters

The change would be specially useful for gamepad/console players.
I guess this spiteful one step gap is meant to promote dynamic gameplay but come on.
come-on

4 Likes

Hell, I would even +1 to placing it right under you.

So yeah, +1

3 Likes

I was using a script to have it always cast under my feet but I’ve changed my mind today because I also want to use it offensively to proc Meteor Shower with my current build so now I force it to be cast just a step closer:

1 Like

Yeah, i would like for it to always spawn in a distance that always ensures my character is in contact with it, even if my cursor is in the corner of the screen. Casting it under big enemies only to realize that you are not in contact with the seal because the enemy is too large is obnoxious.

8 Likes

Even better: Slightly increase it’s radius to match that max distance.

2 Likes

Now that’s a solution I can get behind.

Is seal getting a little bit bigger or its initial radius is 3.8m??
Wouldn’t it be better that IS always remains right under us all the time no matter where we move (possibly make it semi transparent if ppl get annoyed by it)?? What about any build that can cast more than one at short period?? No problem, each one buff up radius up to n m, maximum radius is n m. This prevents some hugh buddy like Kubacabra from taking all the seal space away.

[edit] Another idea
Without enemy:
Seals adjoin to character and circle around clockwise evenly.
With enemy:
Seals stop under enemies who are attacking us or get attacked by us.
Mutilple seals won’t entirely overlap one after another.

One word, it works like Wind Devil but never away from you.
Sorry my poor demonstration.:flushed:

It’s not bigger, just different perspective. I moved the character a bit in the 1st picture so that I’m in range.
The 2nd picture shows how the Seal is usually cast which is one step too far to encompass the player.

I think somehow you mistook what I said. I mean does IS radius get buff by Crate?? I remember its initial radius is 3.6m, maybe my memory serves me wrong.

Yes, a sound proposal!

I always wanted to be casted underneath you but hey with Bonemonger or Panetti Wand it’s always in spamable mode, so there will suck.

Still it’s good idea to not cast Seal into Oblivion or have to chase it across the screen.

1 Like

This is a great idea man, I support it 109% and thank you for proposing this change!

EDIT: I meant 100% but the type of 109% is funny so I’m leaving it.

EDIT EDIT: type = typo… lol.

dont some build use them in an offensive way i.e. for RR?

That’s why I propose only a small shift, literally one step difference, because I want to proc Meteor Shower with it. Since the area where you can cast it is bounded anyway, why not bound it 1cm more so that you’re always in range.

1 Like

Yes please

Also please slightly increase gears pick up range, its annoying when you want to pick a good item but mobs block you with their huge collision size, or in SR/Cru treasure room when plenty are trash.

:thinking: I guess I should’ve added “cast anywhere/unlimited range” option to the poll.

2 Likes

+1 from me
That’s exact reason why I never use this skill in caster builds. It’s hard to kite and care about the seals at the same time. Just always place it right under the feet.

It seems like this would be the logical options, either it always casts directly under you or you can place it anywhere in like a 12 meter radius or so.

Why would we not be able to cast it from 12 meters away? I’m not sure I understand the logic behind that mechanic, is the seal really powerful enough of a damage dealer that it would be OP if you were able to cast it from 12 meters away?

Wouldn’t that actually just improve the skill all around? You could actually effectively protect teammates with seals that way, without having to abandon your own battles to chase after party members just to stay in range enough to plop a seal under them…

I’d be okay with either but as it is now it’s just silly and doesnt really make sense mechanically so I support the idea to change it.

Does anyone use the Seal’s transmuter? Maybe the default behavior could be casting the skill under your feet and the transmuter would change it to ‘cast wherever you like’. Just an idea because it’s probably too late for such changes.

3 Likes

That should be done. The transmuter is now absolutely useless.

2 Likes