Interaction between Blazeheart conversion and Brimstone

No wondering my builds sucks, you actually need global convert for the wps even if auto attack skill has conversion?

Like if I use cadance-discord, i still need global physical to elemental to convert the wps physical damage to elemental?

(deletes several builds)

If you’re converting LMB skill and using the WPS then weapon dmg part of the WPS gets converted by LMB skill modifiers, but not the built-in flat damage of WPS.

In case of Cadence it wouldn’t had worked as you thought anyway because all Cadence skill modifiers are only applied to 3rd attack, which does not proc WPS.

1 Like

But what about Dreegs Reproach and say Smite.

Smite’s weapon damage part gets converted according to Dreegs Reproach but Smite flat physical and fire damages need global conversion?

At least GD is easier than path of exile, that game is just a mess :slight_smile:

Congrats, you figured out the way I tested it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Smart Dragon delivers again!

Bad news guys.

item

3 Likes

So Brimstone only converts for the main target damage, but the projectile fragments don’t convert? Interesting, makes sense in hindsight.

1 Like

Um, I personally thought for ranged Brimstone deals damage only to adjacent targets, and not to original one. You definitely learn new things everyday, huh. So at least melee FS retains its full damage, correct? And is this ranged behavior works as intended I wonder?

All Physical/Fire Damage from WPS (Smite/Burning Void) is converted by Dreeg’s Reproach.

My Rotting Putrifier Acid/Vitality Sentinel deals 0 Physical/Fire Damage as shown here:

A long time ago I made a thread to demonstrate how Item Skill Modifiers convert WPS damage when Nex & Ortus came out to show how it works with Seals of the Void for my Elemental Pyromancer build, but my testing thread got nuked with the forum transition…

Brimstone is another skill attached to Fire Strike, so you need global conversion for this. This has been known for some time and why I suggested adding Item Modifiers for Secondary Skills, but Z said no that would cause too much tooltip bloat.

Yes, melee Fire Strike targets get the converted damage, but the shards are not part of Fire Strike, so global conversion only applies.

2 Likes

Than it should work the same way with fire strike and blaze heart, right?

It should yes, but you’ll still see Physical Damage on your DPS meter from Explosive Strike since that is not converted…

I know explosive strike will not get converted, but I could just remove all points there and then see that WPS flat physical damages will get converted to fire. Contrary to the myth that Stupid Dragon said?

Yes, you should. Test it out and report back! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Just tested it and yes, it is converted for both MA and ZT. I changed my Pyromancer to a Commando, equipped a single Blazeheart, removed all points from Fire Strike modifiers and added both Soldier WPS. Here’s my GI DPS:

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up.

Man, that kinda sucks. It means vitality FS conduit for Gargabol Defiler is sorta useless, since most of Brimstone’s damage is chaos =(

Actually proven a long while ago that AA’s conversions will affect wps innate flat damage and flat damage from weapon damage when wps go through the AA. Good to get a final confirmation though.

You still need the flat chaos from Brimstone to be vitality and the mod conversion does that. And global chaos to vitality is not exactly rare.

Yup, that’s why you need to get some global conversion with Gargabol using a Lunal’Valgoth’s Waistguard or Dark One’s Set…

1 Like

@RxJunkie thanks for confirmation that also wps flat damage is converted via skill specific conversions. I guess no myth after all

That’s what saddens me the most. I have a build figured out that doesn’t use any of chaos -> vit, 'cause it uses a bit “non-conventional” items… Well, at least I get that single target flat, I guess.

The fuck. Why do I clearly remember it not working then? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Ok, accidentally found remnants of the former test.

The way I tested it was as follows:

1. Mod in some long burn damage on Smite
  2. Hit dummy with Smite
  3. Watch the sfx and damage done

Re-doing the test the transmuter indeed appears to convert Smite.

No idea why I thought it won’t, but it’s unlikely I’d just make up something so specific as “only works on weapon damage part” when specific tests were performed. Perhaps something just changed engine-wise, which isn’t unheard of.

2 Likes