Interesting/strange/meme(?) builds you're most proud of

That’s awesome!

Your vitality FS Defiler is actually one of my favorite builds. There’s so much going on in that gear set.

What?! I didn’t even know I needed this, but apparently I need this.

Talk about whatever builds of yours you want. I’m looking for what you think is interesting, not necessarily builds that have to meet any particular endgame content thresholds. As much as polished builds are fun to see, I’m really enjoying this idea of players highlighting a specific build or couple of builds for their own individual reasons. Lots of fresh and exotic ways to experience the game here too!

2 Likes

Couldnt agree more. In that case, stand-by, I have a handful of meme type builds ive posted about on here already and many I havent ever shared, which I will do here later tonight.

For now I will share my most recent favorite. I wanted to make a build focused on using all the gear everyone complained about, but particularly the things people complained were horrible gear pieces. I then thought, wouldn’t it be funny to run a build focused on every piece of gear that has some kind of debuffing proc thats disadvantageous to the player. Thats how Harry the Has-been was conceived.

I enjoyed this hilariously terrible character so much i actually kept playing as him and pushing to make him survive the journey to level 100. Many deaths at the hands of drunken stumbling have proven this to be a very difficult task, as Harry has a prerequisite to his playstyle- he must always be under the effects of the Burrwitch Brew (hes an alchoholic).

I decided to focus on the jankier stats and mechanics in the game with him as i built as well, to add some flavor to his backround, pumping his dodge/deflect stats as high as possible and banking on them as his primary defense, while utilizing gear which drains his HP such as Hungering Void and the Sacrifice relic, to trigger procs that rely on HP dropping below certain amounts (Prismatic Diamond, and Blast Shield).

I came to love this build so much that i wrote some backstory to him and asked community for help finding more flavorful terrible gear for him here in his original thread.

Ill share more of mine later!

2 Likes

So glad you’re sharing! Full disclosure: I’ve actually been following your Harry the Has-been thread for a while and was hoping you’d share him. The fact that the build aspires to be… drunk(?) is endlessly amusing to me. I guess you could say he’s a… self-Saboteur.

2 Likes

im honored!! Dude, thank you for your kind words! I have so many builds going right now that i dont get to spend as much time on them as id like, doubly so since i work in a hospital and COVID19 is happening. Hopefully ill get more time to work on him soon.

Ill share my others later tonight! Thanks for this thread man, its a fun idea and gives those of us who are noobs and play casually the chance to really participate in a community build discussion and bring something to the table!

3 Likes

If you like endgame Lokarr set builds, you also need dis :sunglasses:: OwO - Pet Conjurer

1 Like

My most remarkable build is this Elemental Auramancer:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RVvBQ1mV

It main skill are damaging aura from Aura of Censure, Veil of Shadow Night Chills, Celestial Presence, and Ignaffar Presence. Build is weak and can’t even clear SR65, but it can surprisingly kill Mogdrogen without much effort, in fact this is my first build that can kill Mogdrogen.

2 Likes

Best build thread in a long time.

6 Likes

We need to revive the old Theorycrafting Dump.

2 Likes

Whilst levelling a Battlemage the other day, instead of forcewave, I tried something different. Milton Hart Head, Warden shield, lvl 50 movement rune, oleron blood, Aeon Hourglass. It worked out really well… Forever more Milton Hart has my respect :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

“I’m afraid I may have to break a promise. I’m not about to give up yet but things aren’t looking good outside. I was lucky to survive that first night when I volunteered to distract the rotten walkers while Bourbon and his group, including my little sister Sybil, made their way through to Devil’s Crossing. I believe in Bourbon and if anyone can get those people through, it’s him. Before they left, I looked Bourbon in the eye and told him to keep her safe. He put his arm on my shoulder and spoke in that calm reassuring tone of his. He told me that he would do everything he can, but I had to promise him something too: that I would not succumb to conventional forcewave leveling.”

3 Likes

I theorycrafted this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPMXxdN with Conduit of Eldritch Whisper - elemental RR prefix but it doen’t seem promising. You need two perfect MI’s to overcap elemental resistance and get more DA and OA

I have a working 2H Scion of Arcane Force Warlock. I will post it sometimes next week. It uses Callidor’s Tempest. Or maybe I will do it tomorrow. I have everything prepared for it.

Most proud of?

Bleeding Druid, Bleeding Battlemage and Bleeding Vindicator .

3 Likes

@Rhylthar Your bleed battlemage should be required reading material in the “How to Build Memes 101” course offered through GD University.

3 Likes

LOL oh man. That is awesome!!!

This thread is glorious.

Probably the classless HC build that @adoomgod, @Contragor, @MikeHeydon helped me to tweak, nudge, tilt, hammer and fine tune. :smiley: I only lost two characters in the journey. LOL.

1 Like

That sounds great I’ld like to see that when you post it. I probably will have to use Calidor’s Tempest while leveling but I don’t like the skill to make it core of the build but Beronath is also weak. I’m going to wait the next patch to see if thing gonna change to get action.Meanwhile I’m trying to finish the MC with this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1LopB2. After I get revered with all factions and find the damn Living Ring with both OA and AS I’ll test in SR and Crucible. Though I don’t think my computer let me proceed without crash or complete gpu burn(:smiley:) with a Primal Strike build so this is a kinda dead end too. I like Scion of Arcane Force and elemental builds. I might try that scion of arcane force battle mage of yours without SR set but the problem is that one doesn’t have - RR so Witchblade is kinda better looking.

1 Like

Ah the HC classless builds, the most legendary builds of all!!! A moment of silence out of respect for all those who died to make this post possible.

3 Likes

Witchblade is better but that Battlemage isn’t bad at all - really tanky. I even killed Ravager with it. Facetanking first half and second half kiting using mirror + ghoul to attack him.

That CT Warlock has great AoE but single target could be better. Chunks 1-3 are fast in SR and boss room takes a while even though I have absolutely massive weapon damage.

1 Like