Internet has Lock Icon for friend

Friend is using family share to borrow Grim Dawn from a close friend/family member of his.
He’s used it before to play multiplayer on other games, but for some reason the internet icon has a lock next to it and he can’t click it. He can’t even view the lobby browser, let alone join someone hosting.

I can find absolutely 0 information on this being a thing or any solutions, and we even tried port forwarding 27016 even tho I’d be hosting not him. Wat do?

1 Like

tell your friend to go online in steam client

this happen when grim dawn is started while Steam is in Offline mode

I should’ve mentioned; he’s not offline in the client. The Browser lobby for multiplayer says "Online (single player game) and Steam friends list him as in Grim Dawn.

no idea then
maybe the internet check grim dawn does with steam is interfered by being family shared?
would probably have to wait for one of the devs to weigh in then

Well then awaitin we a go. He’s tried restarting the game a few times, done the one port forward as I mentioned. Tomorrow/later today after he wakes up he’ll try a PC restart (but i cant see how thatd possibly be relevant here)

Did he try restarting Steam?

He has restarted the game as well as his PC (and thus also steam) multiple times to no avail.

Have a follow up from friend: He “fixed it” by going back to 1.1.9.7 in beta. Upon going back to 1.1.9.8 on live, internet is once again locked.

is your friend on Linux by chance, or steam deck?
seen lots of posts saying that some of them had issues on XY linux version or the steamdeck(proton?) version to join MP after 9.8 patch

Windows 7, actually lol

hmm no idea then,
unless it’s related to steam cutting off windows 7 support?/implementing changes for win7 specific installs already?
*again assuming it’s not related in some fashion to the family sharing too

We are investigating this issue.

1 Like

Any updates on this I’m also experiencing this (steam deck)

I’m still waiting on a reply to this for the steamdeck.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.