Inverted Camera Rotation (X-Axis/Horizontal)

Greetings! Am new to the game, on PC using controller, and was wondering if there’s a way/hidden setting/mod to invert the camera rotation?

If none, are there any plans to add this camera option in the future?

Cannot you change it in Steam Configurator?
I’d bet it’s possible.
w8 I’ll check it

in-game no and no plans either, pretty sure of that since camera with M&K has stayed the same for years

1 Like

Damn I didn’t know this was possible with Steam! Holy man, this is really amazing. Thank you very much for showing it.

Never knew that Steam provided a way to configure controller mappings on a per-game basis no less. I rarely opened the overlay UI when in-game and that text link is so small (perhaps its more accessible in big picture mode).

Nonetheless thank you again. that really solved it!

I recommend you to always play in BPM.
The configurator is insanely powerful.
Example - I bound additional action to Left Stick so that not only it moves my character but also cast Wind Devil when I touch it! It basically works as autocasting.

It has also options to setup true autocasts (you click one buttons and then series of other click) but I couldn’t get them to work properly.

1 Like

Noted on BPM. I just checked it, and the Configurator is way more accessible in BPM, no need to launch the game.

Unfortunately I don’t know yet how good that is as I’m very new. :smiley:

But I am trying to learn how you “bound additional action to Left Stick”. I can’t seem to add another action to it. I do see in your image you have “Action Bar 9” also under left stick.

Edit: Do you mind also teaching how you did it?

It’s good because people don’t like casting Wind Devil every 5 seconds. See

I’ve already made a guide but for another game :wink:

However I’m not sure whether these settings should be set just like on those pictures
but I’m sure you have to mess around with

• Outer Ring Binding
  • Outer Ring Radius
  • Outer Ring Binding Invert

Too lazy right know to confirm these are just like in the guide above but you should be able to figure it out.
Obviously don’t bind Left Click but some Gamepad Button responsible for some skill

Btw Chronicon is such a cool and developed ARPG… If it weren’t for Grim Dawn I would be playing it instead most probably. It also has Double Skill Tree system like Grim Dawn but there every class has 5 trees and you choose 2 of them. Made by a single guy.

1 Like

Please have mercy. I’m just starting in Grim Dawn. :joy:

All good and thanks for the guide! Didn’t think to check that Outer Ring setting. I ended up fiddling with Mode Shift and Activators, thinking that was what you used. But seeing your guide bind it to loot, think I’ll do the same and bind it first to Pickup to get a feel for it.

Steam Configurator really is powerful and highly customizable. Couldn’t some of its features even be considered in the grey area for some games? :sweat_smile: I don’t fully understand its capabilities but some of it seems to be macro-ish, but I digress.

It’s those Activators I was talking about (that I couldn’t get to work properly) which is very unfortunate.

What do you mean by grey area? In GD there’s no grey area because there’s no competition, everyone plays the game the way (s)he likes.

In D3 you could be frowned upon by others I guess but Turbo Hud and Bots are a bigger problems. And besides there’s already a legit Autocasting feature built in D3 called Numlock Trick which I guess intentionally kept by developers.

And also every gaming keyboard/mouse has some macro features.

In the end, macros/AHK/numlock tricks are probably not attempted to be banned in some competition games because it would be a nightmare do distinguish them and decide which macro/script/feature should be banned or not.

Imo if it’s not reading the game’s memory like Turbo Hud or Bots then it’s not a big deal since it doesn’t give you more information/plays for you and skilled players will play better than scripts anyway. However I probably wouldn’t use it If I were in some competition bu as a casual why not. Just be open about it.

I haven’t played more competitive games like Counter Strike so I don’t know how are non-memory-reading macros and scripts considered there. Probably not useful at all.

Ah yes, agree on that and I can clearly see that GD devs are ok even with mods. I guess maybe there’d be a line that GD devs wouldn’t want players to cross. What I meant about grey area was for other games, because I know of some games that, like you said, frown upon the use of macros.

But hey if Steam natively supports it and those games are on Steam then I won’t complain.

Aye exactly, despite how robotic/automated a person is acting it’d be dicey to definitively say they’re using scripts/macros.

All in all, thank you again for introducing me to Steam Configurator. :smiley: