Is physical Stun Jacks still ineffective?

Not sure if worth reviving this topic but I would like to share this build idea https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRwmOKN
physical jacks+doom bolt pyromancer. Both skills hardcapped. Few buttons to push. Seems good enough to me. It has Bear devotion to help the Innate physical damage of the skill go through armor. The converted part already ignores armor so…
What do you guys think?

btw best prefix for shoulders would be Consecrated for vitality and slow res. It would allow to use a few DA augments too.

2 Likes

It is fun meme concept, but 1) how are you gonna heal? Bat + Gladiator belt should help with that. 2) I think you sacrifice too much +2db skill just to get it maxed but is lowering +% physical damage.

And with gladiator belt, you dont need that off-hand but can use the one that has -%phys RR proc maybe.

Other than that, I think worth doing :slight_smile: meme builders unite!

1 Like

Bear has adcth, off hand proc is similar to Ghoul, we also heal a bit through Blind Fury and Azrakaa weapon damage + 500 passive health regeneration…the healing is there haha.

If I change to gladiator belt I lose 1 projectile of jacks, I would not like to change it. I’m more willing to change the chest piece, Dawnshard Hauberk seems a good alternative with +3 to temper to further increase physical damage and the proc brings damage (since it is fully converted) and survavility to the table too.

I hope one day I can share my legacy of memes here in the forums. I’m just too lazy.

1 Like

which is pure crap

You can try push your memes into GrimSheet: Endgame Build Table - ETE edition [v1.30]
I like filling this table with memes. Build guides not required.

1 Like

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25ml0y2 is what I theorycrafted for Physical Stun Jacks a few months back. Don’t worry about the +5 BoM, Stun Jacks is overcapped by 2 points so someone trying to put the build together realistically could settle with a +3 Badge and pull 2 points from elsewhere to keep it at 26/16.

It isn’t playtested and infact could do with more finetuning I’d say. I have no idea how Stun Jacks is going to carry damage without skill modifiers but the build looks fairly tanky otherwise.

I’d only recommend trying it or Phys Stun Jacks as a whole if you’re prepared for average-at-best performance and unable to run up to Crucible 150 or low-end SR at the worst.

1 Like

We need Grim Meme sheet compendium!

2 Likes

That’s how I treat the #build-discussion section of the discord half of the time :joy:. There’s a lot of weird-ass crap that I don’t test or expect to work in there that I get a sudden interest in building in GT. Some of the ones that actually end up looking good get levelled + played and fewer get build threads posted here.

Maybe we can resurrect this topic:

2 Likes

Is that needed for armor pass through dmg? 50% of SJ dmg will be just go right through armor and face low res

1 Like

I’d say so, the converted Lightning going through armour won’t be enough on it’s own. You really want to squeeze out as much as you can.

1 Like

you have to change the gloves to Light Defender Gauntlets.
I think my build is a bit more offensive since we have 2 extra projectiles in stun jacks and also Doom Bolt (which kinda compensates the damage negated by armor to stun jacks).
Also the gear is easier to find. The head piece for instance is craftable and is the lvl 75 version, lol. The amulet is from Death Vigil faction…

Loghorroean shoulders of squalls, just get it :slight_smile:

I actually got those shoulders in one of my toons. I actually see “of squalls” very often tbh. Anyways, if you don’t feel like hunting for affixes, just replace the medal for this one sold by the Coven https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/7551 and it becomes easier to gear but you lose damage bonuses.
Loghorrean of squalls is the BiS though.

1 Like

I see meme builds as a way for me to make use of insane rolled MIs that does not fit any meta build. Why let those triple rares just collect dust? :smiley:

1 Like

Don’t underestimate the value of +% Physical damage like ulvar mentioned above on gear choices. For example, my build with Ascension up has +2833% Physical damage between gear/passives/cunning bonus whereas yours is +1982.5%. About a 40% total damage increase from yours to mine that helps make up the difference in projectiles.

There is also the massive crit damage bonus that Oathkeeper brings with Divine Mandate.

2 Likes

high crit and +%phys dmg will also help the non converted part go through armor better because crit is checked before armor check

1 Like

and we could even make some kind of budget version: Shieldbreaker, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.0) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator (grimtools.com)
(not really sure if there is enough sustain here, as it is only Maul and a bit Adcth from the movement skills and a not so tiny health regen)

1 Like

tip of scales have some wpn dmg so can steal some life back. There are MI shoulders with vit to phys conversion, but then RIP +3 SJ :thinking:

Oh man, lots of great ideas going on here suddenly! Thanks a lot to all of you for reviving this discussion id thought to be dead! Ill have to circle back and reconfigure my Gambit stun jacks build to try this stuff out!