Iskandra Unity Set Changes SUCK

WTF. There is a WHOLE SET dedicated to Trozan’s Shard already. It is named after the ability. So I chose the Unity set because it went great with Panetti’s Missiles, especially in a Mage Hunter build. I chose it because it was the one caster set that DIDN’T force me into using stupid TSS. I don’t want TSS. If I wanted that, I would the the Trozan Set, which is the set that boosts TSS. Now we have TWO sets that force us into TSS.

WHY? Why not give us an arcanist set that just lets us choose to, you know, NOT have to spec into that stupid ability? That just lets us boost elemental damage passively so we can CHOOSE how to build our arcanist-oriented caster.

I am literally seeing red right now. How dumb.

EDIT: I spent so much time grinding for that blueprint and then farming that mats for it because it was the ONLY set that gave me passive bonuses to let me choose most of my own skills. WHY? Why create 2 REDUNDANT SETS when one set was FINE! What is the deal with TSS? Seriously why do we get forced into using it?

EDIT: I respecced and it is not horrible. But I just don’t like TSS. Sigh. I guess if you want to be an elemental caster, TSS is now mandatory.

So you want three sets that support Panetti’s instead of two sets that support TSS? Gotcha.

Also, old Iskandra didn’t really support Panetti’s outside of defensive improvements. You just happened to make use of it I suppose.

a) Capital letters including “SUCKS” in header
b) Wrong section of forum
c) Moderate flaming/insulting

Solid 7/10.

While having another TSS set is meh (The almost 100% Aether to elemental is nice though), Iskandra’s Unity was absolute stinking trash outside of some very niche builds. If you want a PRM Magehunter, use Invoker set with that helm that gives it ADCtH and the Mythical Arcanum Sigilis.

That is the grounds of a powerful PRM mage hunter. Not Iskandra. Old Iskandras was a steaming pile of crap after its massive nerfs to bring spellbinders abusing CDR in check.

my first impression about iskandra set is, it actually performs really bad. tons of things to talk about new set BUT

1- i saw crate twitch and guy was super passionate about new sets and changes, i bet they spent tons of hours to make this patch happen

even if set performs bad, you are not giving feedback about new form of set
you are just whining in disrespectful way that your build got ruined.

this is not acceptable by any means.

One of the main points of Iskandra rants was the fact that it was the only single mastery set that didn’t support any main skill. Devs had to do something about it. I have no idea why they chose TSS but here it is.

IIRC Iskandra did quite badly for PRM on Magehunter as it blocked Invoker even as 4pc.

Yea, that was my first impression. The set lacking significant RR means it is going to struggle considering it takes up 3 very important slots that could give you that RR. An RR proc of 25-30% would do wonders for the set. And support for elemental TSS just isn’t there, the fire damage added to TSS just does nothing when you have no support to back it up compared to how much cold/lightning get support. And you can’t use the set with the Rodothris Tome, which has just so much power for TSS.

Give the set an RR proc worth talking about, and make the set convert Devastation’s fire damage into elemental, and give it a Devastation specific buff as well as TSS buff.

And I’m not sure if this is possible, but if instead of having that reset chance on TSS, give it a second wave of TSS meteors instead that come down a second later. It make take a minor recoding of TSS to do this though to act like a single wave of devastation sort of deal for normal cast. So a hidden .1 second duration increased to a 1.1 second duration by the set, with a trigger rate of once per second casting 1 full wave.

Making the set be about bringing down hundreds of elemental meteors vs being a TSS set.

You have no idea the amount or rage coursing through my veins at the moment I wrote that. Also, this involves gameplay…it means that TSS is now the mandatory arcanist skill for elemental sets. It is not a build discussion, since we now have no options BUT to build around TSS.

my idea about set after 12-13 bastion of chaos runs, coming from other topic

or… just use Invokers for PRM like you were supposed to? :rolleyes:

I used invoker 2-piece rings. The final invoker bonus would have been nice, true, but I liked that IU didn’t force me into a definite skill. It mainly provided buffs and some passive bonuses.

I am playing with the new stuff (pulling out of other skills I actually liked) and the DPS is better. I just…don’t like TSS.

I wanted the passive bonuses, damnit! This is not PoE where we have to follow a meta.

I don’t care about it supporting PRM. I liked that it didn’t really support anything but the defensive bonuses and passive buffs.

Well, you don’t get to have jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none sets anymore. outside of Shattered Realm set, obviously

Invoker converts all aether on PRM. And there’s lots of it. And gives -24% rr. It’s strictly top-tier. You really can’t argue on Iskandra being better for PRM on any level.

Iskandra used to have some functionality on aether PRM way back when. There were even a few days in 7.0 before 7.1 hotfix when Iskandra was top-tier (still had the cdr with the new flar rr) but even then it could not compete with Invoker for PRM.

I kinda agree with op on one thing though. Elemental TSS? Meh. Nothing short of TSS spam would renew my interest in Iskandra.

The fact that the one set that allowed people wanting to have a “neutral” set for arcanist that provided passive buffs is nixed is a viable point. I don’t care about my specific build. I can can change 2 pieces in my set and have something different than PRM. I may do it in the future, anyway. What I care about is that we no longer get a passive and buff-oriented elemental “neutral” arcanist set. We get another set that promotes TSS.

As far as being respectful goes…meh. I’m sure they are really happy about the new updates. But TSS is now the default many arcanist builds because of the changes to IU. That IS valid feedback. Sorry you have a salt allergy.

On this iskandra redesign. I am just a bit baffled by crate’s inconsistent decision regarding iskandra and ulzuin redesign.

Ulzuin is redesign because fire strike support is already abundant and it doesn’t really fit thematically as it doesn’t give any bonus to ulzuin’s chosen. Ok, I yield.

Then they redesign Iskandra as Trozan focused set and doesn’t give anymore bonus to iskandra elemental exchange.

Oh well, I am still a bit salty about this 2 set redesign

However, I will still try to make it work somehow as I really like tri-elemental build.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Old Iskandra was trash, imo. Even though I don’t really like TSS (dunno why, don’t ask) I rather have Iskandra doing something than doing nothing. :stuck_out_tongue:

It wasn’t the best, but basically you could go with ANY elemental skill as your major attack and it would support it. It was a good set for changing out main attacks to see what sticks. Now…TSS is the only option. Blarg.

While I personally like TSS very much, having a third set for it seems weird.