It is time, for sharpening

It doesn’t need much, and you might argue that the ‘mist’ is spooky.
My simple reshade is sharper and spooky.

It simply adjusts the sharpness a nodge. Ok, and some vignette.
But that’s it!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kPBELuhf_JcJgiERaFK04NgtEKcHagUG/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hgt_hbRlU4V17sLg8hOknsSEB7a4tBTx/view?usp=sharing

I can see a slight difference. 1st is before, 2nd is after. He’d have way better results sharpening the view just disabling the ever present fog layer in Grim Dawn using Grim Internals, quite honestly.

Note the fog in his pic here is always present on the ground floor:

in comparison to mine here:

Disable that and he’d probably be able to get much better results in Reshade.

1 Like

It was to show that a small amount of sharpening makes a huge difference.
I don’t like the over the top adjustments that step away from the original idea.
I am not a fan of a complete visual overhaul of the original game.

I don’t like the fog removal of internals. That is not my aim.
I have no idea why you brought that up.
My aim was to make Grim Dawn sharper. It is all it needs.

Some sharpening tools or reshades do a overhaul of the original. I don’t like that.
I like the original as it is, but i do think the original Grim Dawn is a bit too blurry.
Therefore this simple reshade.
Just a nodge of sharpening. It is all it needs in my opinion.

Sure, taste differs. And for a good comparison your screenshot should at least be on the same spot.

Kind regards,
Keimpe

I have no idea why you brought up your need to show your sharpening either but you don’t see me complaining about it. Instead I merely offer insight on other ways to do so.

You do realize that my screenshot is “almost” in the same exact spot right. It’s like a hair different. Do you just like to nitpick about insanely negligible shit for the sake of it? I even went out of the way on purpose to put my screenshot in close to the same spot as yours.

It seems that you have taken offense on two counts for when no offense was given toward you nor was I ever even intending to do such. You may wish to review your mental state in the future before you post if you have so many problems with people responding to public threads you create.

You brought up the fog, which you seem to dislike, but which has nothing to do with the sharpening.
I merely pointed this out.

Your screenshot is not in the same spot. If you refer to hairs, you need a full bush.

I am not taking offense at all. I am merely pointing out what is what.

All things considered. I do like your sharpening as well. We agree on the fact that Grim Dawn could sharpen up a nodge.

No need to make it personal. As you probably will say that i started it. Which i did in a way, when i pointed out that all Grim Dawn, for me, needs is a bit of sharpening, which your reshade or grim tools, takes a bit too far for me. I am entitled to that opinion. And that is as far as my personal ‘offense’ gets. I’d rather call it a healthy discussion. Whichever you prefer.

I do not take offense over some sharpening of some game i like. Or the fact that you thought Grim Tools was better.
You missed my point. I do not care what you think is better. I merely stated what i think is better.
It is not personal at all. And i do think that all Grim Dawn needs is a nodge of sharpening. For the rest it is very very good. But when i look at reshading Grim Dawn, i do think the game could be a bit sharper. And i personally like the fog, to keep the spooky, elusive atmosphere.
That part of your reshade i don’t like, as i said. I like the original mood, but i do think it could be modernized.
A lot of games have this blurry wax over them. Luckily more and more games have the sharpen option in their menu. Like Doom, Bannerlord, Witcher etc.

All good right?
We love the same game, we love to personalize our game.

One is not better than the other.

BTW. My mental state is fine, my son of 8 his state as well. You were conversing with him in his first post. I translated, because we don’t all live in America. And you must know that i am offended by reading what you wrote. The last posts are mine. He was very glad with his find that GD only needed some sharpening for his play. I just gave him my computer, i bought a new one. Be careful what you write. There are a lot of fans of all ages. And i do take offense with your words. M y son was proud, and you took him down. What a nice human being you must be.

I only get snippy when I think someone is being snippy with me first. The two points I quoted above read to me as being on the verge of insulting - so I responded in kind. If it’s a language issue then so be it - naturally, I’m not normally trying to be mean to an 8 year old and in most cases I don’t hold grudges if the other person can be cool too :face_with_monocle:

Just be aware that this forum is kinda geared towards adults and talk is fast and cheap here and you kinda need a thick skin to do well - tempers get short sometimes :wink: If you translate for him then be mindful of this and depending on the situation you very well may want to inform people that they are addressing a younger person to avoid situations like this.

1 Like

I understand. Thanks for your reply.
I am sure it was not ill ment of my son his side. Just that he was very proud of his work.

Take care,

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.