It's a joke right?

Killed Mag, Bloodbriar, Glommweaver without a problem. I enter Tyrant’s Hold and got one shooted by a Gobo… Ö.ö lvl 52 Mage-hunter HC dead. WTF…

Hc bro!
Keep going… :slight_smile:

From what I understand as a SC noob, dying is a part of playing HC.

1 Like

wearing Lokarr?
:grin:

1 Like

@Gnomish_Inquisition Nope! =D Never play on patchday! Was my test char for the new scaling and so on. I don’t touch my lvl 100 SR 75/76 chars in HC! But oneshoot by a gobo 10 minutes after Gloomweaver fight is absolutly strange.

It’s the same difference between smashing the Amalgamation to pieces, and 10 minutes later dying to Bolvar.

2 Likes

“not really” :sweat_smile:
you can actually find posts about this happening before 1.2
one of the reasons i asked if you wore lokar is that was sometimes one of the things potentially involved, but not necessarily mandatory
so given it was doable before 1.2, with the early game dmg increase on Normal/Vet, i don’t see it being any less a possibility now

Ah ok and ye it’s possible.

Edit: It was with a active potion of clarity maybe that’s the point.

clarity doesn’t cause extra dmg afaik
what usually happens is, low armour/phys res build, groble champ charge and hits you “just right”, sometimes while buffed by one of teh shamans/fellow champ or something nearby,
possibly even wearing some item that boosts it? (unsure if grobles wear wysiwyg items :thinking:)

and then their dmg just spikes “just right”
unironically one of the reasons i stopped wearing lokar past act 2 was these feckers :sweat_smile:
but i’ve still been hurt by them since, tho not as much as i tend to stack more now

2 Likes

But what puzzeled me is the bypassing of the Turtle Shell.

if i ever die on HC is always in 45-55 range. Dunno why but its like that… That’s just a way it is… :person_tipping_hand:

2 Likes

procs like turtle/menhir only works if their condition is met
so if ex the trigger is sub 40% hp, and you go from 41% to 0 in 1 hit, then it just never triggers
and in other cases it does trigger but is consumed so fast it’s gone in an instant

1 Like

Mhh…ok ty. =)

Single target attack
Initial use timeout: 3 Seconds
Delay until next use: 9 Seconds
Chance to use after delay: 75%
Range: Short
20 Degree Attack Arc
1 Target Maximum
60% Weapon Damage
1098-2460 Physical Damage

If you let any of these guys get near you, prepare to take a huge chunk of damage. Always kill these on sight in Tyrant’s Hold.

2 Likes

@Norzan In 3k hours of gameplay i never realized that. =D Ty!