Journal of an Unknown Traveler (fan-fic)

Good day!

I am not sure where to post this in the forums, but I hope everyone enjoys this!

Has anyone searched the barrens beyond? Through the mystic mirage of the waste? Might I find another fraction of the fragments? I must- for the Caelum Civitus.

“Venture beyond the veil of naught’s illusion. Reach for where the gazing light never meets the shades.”

High Judge Everick Avedolium IV
Initial Commander-in-Chief of the Imperial Legionnaire
Deceased
Land of Cairn

Grand Driver Ezekiel Von Fallous
1st Commander of Caelum Equitum

Reports from the upper council shows sign of High Judge Everick’s blueprints to be intact ever since the burning of the 11th Division’s Underground Keep. You are to recover the “Pravollo Castell” blueprint by all means. The higher council has sought the guidance of Elder Gas’roth.

Additional reports show that the Land of Cairn is now under a state of war. A war that is slowly spreading to our lands. Avoid any conflict with any other group or individual. Failure to return with the blueprint is to seal the fate of Caelum Civitus’ downfall. Aside from you, we also sent six Drivers across Cairn to secure your checkpoints. Rendezvous is not mandatory. Driver Gauge Signal will be emitted by the scouts for your convenience, track them if you must for a lay of the area.

The people of Cairn also incorporate themselves in the usage of our main equipment- Drivers. They call them Guns. Different in design, but serves the same purpose.

A number of factions are to be considered hostile:
Kult of Ka’thon
Kaimon’s Chosen
Death’s Vigil
Kronley’s Gang
Witches of the Swamplands
Barrow Homes

The people of Cairn are also known for worshiping idols of unknown origins. They also practice Arcane which was scouted as how our machines work without any kind of contraption and easily woven through the flick of their hands. The Black Legion holds most of the prototype of our equipment, if you could get your hands on some of their blueprints, it will be valuable to our cause.

Seek out the so called- “Devil’s Crossing Prison Camp”. This is a non-hostile group. Seek out a man named Bourbon for directions. DO NOT MENTION ANY OF OUR PLANS OR LOCATION TO ANYONE.

We will be in touch.

High Councilor Hazella Corton

I have observed different creatures new to me and never discovered in our region. These malformed creatures gives out a glint of emerald light. They are like us, humans, but deformed in many ways. The locals call them “Aetherials”.

I have met the faction mentioned in the reports- this “Kult of Ka’thon”. Savages. Rituals from the earliest days of the old men. They still practice it, calling out otherworldly creatures. The other day I was able to witness how they perform a ritual. As much as I wanted to save those people to be sacrificed for the ritual, I must avoid contact with them. Revealing my unique armaments would spread like wildfire and might eventually get a hold from the Black Legion.

I have been through the swamps, no signs of the veiled illusion. Contrast to the reports, these Witches are not hostile as long as I keep it brief and leave right away. They are called “Koven”, they are also worshiping some idols that they call “The Three”. They practice, as said in the reports, this “Arcane” although no sign of machines or Drivers.

I have to move forward and seek out Devil’s Crossing. A prison, eh? Now serves as a sanctuary? As mentioned by one of the scouts, a huge creature was sighted wrecking havoc in this prison. Maybe it was one of those Aetherials based on how the scout described it. Hopefully there is still someone there that can point me to another point of interest.

Lastly, I have heard among the people of the Koven that the city of “Malmouth” were being retaken by humans against the Aetherials. Hopefully the conflict will stay up north and leave me to my mission alone.

I do not own any names originally created by CRATE GAMES for the game GRIM DAWN.
I do not intend to benefit financially by any means with this short story.

These are all a fictional story by an individual, HandersonJeoulex, for entertainment purposes. They are not, by any means, canon to the story given by CRATE GAMES in their game GRIM DAWN.

Now that is out of the way.

I hope you enjoy my little short story about the game. I wished to have included a DLC that revolves around this Caelum Civitus.

If by any chance you have enjoyed reading this and even though it will never make it to the game, I’ll be glad to continue this. If you have found any negative criticism, please do explain why so I can create a better approach.

I have done this not just for my appreciation to the beauty of the game but also for my passion in gaming.

I want to extend my thanks to Crate for this amazing game and to the amazing community for helping me out with my first character.