Just finished the game for the first time with level 82

Well, not sure if you been paying any attention in our Praet Discord chat lately but I actually been doing full clears on my latest character. I was in the 80’s when I switched to Elite - which I also full cleared… and then transitioned into Ult at 94.

I didn’t mind it tho since it made running thru Elite much faster and overall my character was left nicely setup to ease into Ultimate without too many issues.

I’m a full clearer pretty much always. It’s certainly not the norm for most players I’m sure tho.

1 Like

I guess you didn’t 100% then. :stuck_out_tongue: Lots of hidden areas in the game.

If mobs scaled too high in normal / elite, there would also be less reasons to go to ultimate.

You’re looking at Diablo purely from a player perspective which is fine I guess. Also, meaningful choice is something that is extremely subjective.

Sure I am not a game developer, I play games and Diablo 3 is one of the easiest games I have played in terms of finishing the “main campaign” or equivalent. What other perspective should I take when playing a game? A fathers perspective? A dogs perspective?

Give an example of a meaningful choice in Diablo 3. And why playing through the campaign more than once in Diablo 3 is meaningful.

1 Like

While I agree that “meaningful choice” can be subjective to an extent, in the case of D3 and “extremely”… mmmm it’s really hard to argue for it. I will throw you a bone and say I haven’t played D3 in years but unless something drastically changed I can’t really see anything being meaningful at all. You level up, gain access to skills, you pick your skills - no further customization - you farm whatever sets Blizzard decided is gunna be the “hawt” thing this season - which last I ever heard is still crazy easy, they just throw the sets at you practically.

So where is the meaningful choice when Blizz is dictating what builds they want you doing? With GD you can grab two masteries, one mastery (going solo has been done with every mastery), or no masteries (yes people have done this) - in each of your masteries you can go multiple ways with your skills, Devotions - same story. Gear - the skys the limit damned near.

GD left D3 in the dust for players who want true build customization.

3 Likes

Lol i know by memory all the hidden areas in the game.

What level do you wind up at after your full clears?

73-74. I do every quest and kill every mob.

How about rogues-likes? How far are you trying to push (most) the factions?

I would note that on my last run there were also “some” limited instances of farming but nothing extreme. I also pushed SR on Vet to like Shard 15 I think.

2 Likes

How can you do that when mob respawn? You play ONE big ass session?

I do every rogue like and usually end up revered with most friendly factions and with Beasts nearly maxed out, and with Aetherials and Chthonians around 75% of infamy.

No, but i do full clears of every map.

I don’t do SR in Normal (and Elite for that matter), i guess that’s it? That also means i don’t actually do every quest since i don’t do the SR quests. Still don’t believe that would give like 10 more levels.

1 Like

Hmm well, dunno - but I had no problems hitting over 80. I think I was at least mid 70’s by the end of AoM. I would also note that even back when we first did AoM (while still in testing) that I was hitting low to mid 70’s with full clears.

I usually end up AoM in level 67 to 68.

amount of bounties?

I personally almost never do any bounties. They always seem like a waste of time unless I’m fairly close to going up a rep tier and I need to get it.

I do some for the Black Legion and pick the ones for the rogue dungeons bosses for SoT and BoC (since Anasteria sends you there already).

Yea I always save the rogue-likes until I get Anasteria’s stuff as well and then I just knock em out one after the other - first SoT, BoC, then PV. I do, however, clear out the “pre” areas of the rogue-likes to get Dev shrines and all that prior to Anasteria.

@Devizz Just GDStash the merit already and think of it as D3 difficulty slider, cheat to make the game harder :grava_yes: Go kill Dreeg Path of The Three Guardian right after entering Ultimate with a shitty character :grava_yes: Send me your stash file if you don’t want to dirty your hands. Let me know if you need some hacks, mods or scripts :grava_yes:

1 Like

Guys what level are you when you kill Malthael on normal?