Just finished the game for the first time with level 82

Who? /10char

1 Like

That is another meaningful choice a GD player has, to GD stash or not GD stash, that is the question :zantai:

Imagine botting, like all diablo players do KEKW

The final boss in Reaper of Souls!

2 Likes

Ah well, I dont even think ive went friendly with Barrowholm yet. One day mebbe.

Oh wait… you are referring to D3 lol - for some reason that sounded like a Barrowholm reference.

I haven’t played D3 since GD hit early access :smiley:

2 Likes

I recently leveled a char with a friend in MP, and we ended up at level 78 on Veteran. We left out a few things, but also did bounties and farmed reputation to become Honored with all allied factions and Nemesis with Barrowholm and Beasts. She had no access to Mandates, so I did not use them either.

1 Like

Welp, now i want to level a character. Might level a Conjurer since i have like only two of those and the ones i have are starting to get pricey with respeccing.

I also spend too much time in veteran and end up 70-75 before going to elite or jump directly to ultimate. Can’t say I exactly kill every monster but I do all the quests(except rougelikes) for the sake of getting fastly revered with all faction and have nemesis infamy with all enemy faction so by the time I’m 94, I can wear full gear without problems(including augments) and while doing ultimate quest I can also kill nemesis’ on my way.

But the hint is, I use xp potions and lokarr set(up to a point but depends on the build, I did level Conjurer with lokarr set till 94 for example) so it shouldn’t be easy to reach 80+ on veteran without any XP boost. I mean I literally take my time to farm the gears I need if I like the leveling with the character.

Though if I remember correctly my first character was 80 ish when I switched to the elite but I didn’t know shit about the game and I farmed roguelikes etc like dozens of time and one day I realized my experience bar doesn’t move anymore so I switched to elite. I thought that’s just difficulty of the game not the continuation of the game lol.

1 Like

oh man do it! Play the “main campaign” in Diablo 3 and take note how many meaningful choices you have to do :thinking:

That’ll do it. I tend to play with full wipes… meaning I have nothing extra helping me - no blueprints saved, no extra gear saved etc.

you even delete the illusions? :open_mouth: When I play SSF I do not delete

• illusions (char has to look good)
  • SR waystones (NEVER again that I am gonna grind those freaking levels to get that celestial waystone, NEVER) (I did it once on my “main account” and once with my SSF cadence warder, NEVER again)

Everything. I delete the entire save folder usually.

1 Like

I bow to you, you make me feel like a casual diablo 3 player in comparison :frowning:

2 Likes

:smile:

Now you understand why I got stupid hours - plus I am an avid afk’er - but I do quite seriously actually play a shitload of GD.

Grim Dawn is like science, the more you discover the more you realize that there is left to discover in terms of builds and challenges.

And imagine if there was a time counter in Grim Tools …

4 Likes

Just saw this… it’s gunna take one hell of boring day for that to happen. Who knows maybe I will for the fuck of it sometime. I’ll probably have to do a password reset. Haven’t logged into my Blizz account in so long I sure don’t remember it.

1 Like

There is still a pandemic. Don’t you want a nice tale to tell your grandkids one day? :smiley:

“ah you see my dear grandchildren, that corona pandemic hit us all very hard. It even got me to play through Diablo 3 in one day”

1 Like

LoL you guys are deleting everything before starting a new character etc. I even keep low level MI’s and some items so next time I level a character things will be easier.(Because I always level as melee, not even using fireball at start.) I have 2,5k hours and I didn’t even started to proper shield builds, casters, pets and ranges so I really need 6-7k to be burned up that much so I want to have a fresh start.

And for the opener of the thread; if you were expecting a foolproof game then GD is definitely not. It may took 1k+ hours to grasp some of the mechanics of the game for you. I have 2,5k and I probaby have a lot of things still don’t know about because I haven’t experienced all characters, playstyles and skills yet. You’re in the forum like two weeks now, so I presume you spend same amount of time playing GD, maybe a bit more before joining the forum. Give more time, then decide if you stick or not. You’re a seperate individual and should be mature enough to exclude yourself of other people’s preferences. I never played D3 so can’t comment on it but note that you haven’t even passed the chapter one of the dept of this game…

As once a true begginer said ‘‘you need phd to play GD’’

2 Likes

This is 100% me but swap ‘casters’ with ‘melee’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Imagine

• not bashing D3

• on the official Grim Dawn forum

• by its users with thousands of posts

• literally everyone here except the OP

:thinking:

2 Likes

All games are solvable puzzles and some are better at putting the pieces in front of you than others. I suppose some might enjoy actually seaching for the said pieces, people play games in different ways and for different reasons but you can definitely pin point majorities with data analysis, focus tests and more.

I’ve spent a little over a 100 hours now in Grim Dawn and while I am inclinded to agree that some of the more nuanced game mechanisms still elude me, I pretty much fully understand the game’s fundamental system design. Doubt anything will surprise me at this point, so I will most likely not change my opinion on some of the game’s systems.

Are you implying that I am bashing Grim Dawn? No single game is perfect and without flaws, after all it is people who design and implement features into them. Also, there are no perfect choices in game design since again, people are very different and enjoy different things; that is a universal truth. So why is it that the very same people are always so narrow minded, feeling attacked when you try to slightly shift their view. You make a post on X game’s forum pointing out something that you feel other game done in a better manner and instantly get attacked by fanboys. Then you have the other extreme of haters, it all depends on the current trend I guess. Sheesh…

No further questions.

1 Like