Just killed Ravager of Souls

First time (hostile with Barrowholm most of the time).

A pretty tough fight in a probably shitty build (dual wield ranged Mage Hunter). No consumables, no leashing. Had to put on the moves because he could two tap me to death. Killed him just as I ran out of Constitution and dropped to less than 300 HP at one point during the fight. The frostburn DoT on one of his attacks is ludicrously strong, melting thousands of HP even through 83% resist. Had to constantly juggle Word of Renewal, potions and using up Constitution strategically to recover health. Don’t think it would have been possible without the newly introduced dodge skill (to get around the random orbs everywhere). Took about probably 20 minutes (a guess), mostly unloading damage into him when Mirror came off cooldown and taking potshots while kiting constantly. Very difficult to deal damage to him with a squishy character because he is pretty much always on top of you, but usually got some shots in when his abilities came off cooldown and he was stuck in animations. Problem was applying resist reduction on him, the only reliable source being Aura of Censure. No way I’m keeping him in Elemental Storm.

Question about the fight - did he always spawn the army of ghosts which fill the battlefield with orbs? I fought Ravager of Minds before the 1.2 patch and he didn’t have nearly as many annoying attacks. Did I miss some changes in a patch or something?

Anyway, here’s the trophy:

That leaves only the Ravager of Flesh as the one I haven’t killed yet :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Congrats!

1.2 overhauled the three different Ravagers to be more challenging fights, yes. You’d be surprised, if you were to refight of Minds now.

Thanks for confirming. I skimmed the patch notes, but must have missed that.

Should probably revisit the Minds one on my Ritualist then.

Sorry for double post, but not going to create a separate thread just for this and it’s a bit related to the Ravager, or Celestials in general.

Regarding Seal of Annihilation. It applies an effect on enemies, that lasts for 5 seconds and deals 20% current health damage. I assume this ticks every second, like on for example Bloody Pox?

Now even though Celestials have 98% Life Reduction Resist, every tick doing 0.4% of their current HP could still actually be a relevant amount of damage. With Ravager having 30+ million HP on Ultimate, 0.4% per tick on full health should still theoretically be 120K damage? If the fight took me so long (roughly 20 minutes), Seal of Annihilation could actually shave off minutes from the kill time, it if works like I assume (didn’t have the Seal for the first Ravager fight).

And a bonus question - does damage absorption (both flat and %) reduce Life Reduction damage, or only the dedicated resist?

afaik it’s still covered by dmg layers so % absorb and flat would still factor in

you also gotta keep in mind it’s also covered by vitality resist (multiplicative)
and it works off current health, not total health

Vitality Resist also covers Life Reduction damage?

In that case, never mind :stuck_out_tongue: Seems kind of redundant to have a separate resist for it then.

if i had to guess it’s because i neatly means you can make a boss that’s not perceptive to HP reduct attacks (that might otherwise be strong), while also not totally screwing over all vit builds in the process everytime :wink:
*and ofc makes it neat for players too since they don’t have to intensely scrounge up that relative rare hp reduct resist to survive certain attacks :sweat_smile:

True. Well, Vitality builds can get access to insane Vitality resist reductions, so they might be the only ones to potentially make Life Reduction relevant on Celestials

And here I was thinking how big of a deal the Life Reduction resist was on Menhir’s Bulwark…