Just make the Spirit Guide free

I mean…that’s literally your counter-argument except in your case it’s “I don’t like it, it should go”.

I’ve offered my piece on this. Conflicting opinions remain and that was to be expected.

You don’t like my reasoning and that’s fine, but it’s not like the opposing opinions offered anything tangible to possibly sway me in this matter either.

Thus we are at an impasse, and so the status-quo remains!

1 Like

Eh, no.

My counter argument was “If removing it adds QoL without negatively impacting the game or other players and the devs have the time to do it, why not?”

Obviously, you think that it will negatively impact GD and the experience of the majority of players, even though there is no actual evidence to that while there is proof that at the very least a few do consider this to be a QoL issue.

The counter-argument is “the respec cost is so small that it doesn’t impact veterans whatsoever and only leaves a bad taste in the mouths of those that can’t afford it.”

TL;DR this thread is this album cover (explicit warning included)

Edit: Clearly respec costs should be buffed so veterans start feeling the “worth” of their choices, too!

1 Like

Counter argument:
massively increase the cost of everything else in the game, crafting, vendor prices, stash tabs, add death penalty cash loss, making iron bars cost X but cash in for Y(less), :smiling_imp: - that way new players can really feel how cheap respec is

2 Likes

1 Like

Counter argument:

7 Likes

Iron bits and Iron bars as NFTs? So that veterans can’t just GDStash it.

:open_mouth: The 2 threads about NFTs… It is all coming together now.

3 Likes

About Diablo 3’s armory…

I really don’t want to keep talking about Diablo 3 because I somewhat hate that game, but I would really reconsider this for the next Grim Dawn game. There’s arguments to be made for respect costs, or leveling grind, etc. but if there’s one gameplay feature that’s missing from Grim Dawn it’s the Armory, precisely for players who like to keep “arsenals” at their disposal like you mentioned later one.

Rolling the same class multiple times - I absolutely do not understand this time wasting measure, specially in Grim Dawn where there’s like 30 different classes you can reroll, with a vast plethora of builds available for each class. That kind of time should be spent leveling other classes that might interest you, not the same one over and over. Like I understand Grim Dawn is very different and can’t handle armory respecs as casually as Diablo 3 does, but you could still gate the feature between a hefty resource cost each time, say, 500k iron bits + rare materials.

This is incredibly amusing, holy crap

1 Like

My favorite part is how there is zero AA on those bars. Makes me wanna rush out and drop fitty on it.

I did have occasional problem with respecs when I was playing hard legit. You do run into money issues. Endgame relic alone is a worth a couple millions. However, money problems are nothing compared to mats, which is the main reason I would never play GD legit again. Changing one thing in a build often requires replacing components - the main source of resistances - which are imo ridiculously overpriced in terms of farming time.

However, I completely disagree with the sentiment that trivializing a game is an answer to players making obvious gameplay errors. As op described it, it seems they were rolling for good affixes before they even hit top level. Everybody who plays aRPGs knows you don’t re-craft for rolls until you’re deep. There must be traps in a good RPG, else good choices lose all meaning.

As for some of the other arguments, I do agree GD2 should be more transparent and user friendly.

1 Like

blooms got a 0.01 % drop rate increase tho, and next patch we can get them from the 3 tree stumps in FG :woozy_face: :nerd_face:

on a serious note i agree, aside from how crafting works, Mythical Relic cost is one i see complained about a lot, not just about the iron price but rare mats total. And for certain components costing 15-25 seals or blooms a piece it’s just horrendous still
i really felt the suffering from RNGesus on my last fresh start character, where i had an ugdenbog run, clearing the entirety of ugdenbog, and i got 10 blooms, the run after that i got 8 - both times Sylvarra didn’t even drop a bloom, and i’ve never seen that happen before
I know that’s just RNG and other times you’ll get a 25 blooms on a run (on a less cursed character), but the amount of grind for some of that core stuff just still feels way too high still
yes Blood Brains Blooms and Seals are rare crafting mats and thus doesn’t drop as frequent as X components, but the amount you need of that crap feels unnecessarily high; compared to how vital the items crafted by them are - feels like an artificially bloated amount of grind “just because”, more than it should be for such stuff that you need, and in multiples of it…
meanwhile you get like 3 stacks of 1k common components, that you can’t really do crap with, except vendor for a measly 40k iron…

1 Like

All I can say to this is be glad you haven’t been playing Grim Dawn since it came out of Early Access as someone who has all the way through legitimately :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. The amount of improvements to “time wasters” since then is mind-blowingly staggering to say the least. Especially for the original Ugdenbloom components like Living Armour upon AoM’s release, I can’t even begin to describe what it was like at the time.

1 Like

I think GD’s mats farming is totally fine since the removal of partial components and the buffs to droprates that came with it. 1.1.9.2 adjusting the final over the top timesink, ugdenblooms, completes this perfectly. There’s never been a better time to start legit than now imo.

I really don’t miss the times of having to run dermapteran hive for battered shell in order to get frozen hearts for endgame crafting of components, etc.

3 Likes

If anything components drop too much, but it’s much better than it was before.

4 Likes

I haven’t commented about it yet because I didn’t want to make a thread about it, but in the test build the ugdenbloom drop rate increase feels really underwhelming. I’d say it amounts to about 10% more drops overall.

Yea I did some testing and I ended up concluding it’s about 10-15% increase in droprate, which is fine imo. The game doesn’t need to hand you everything for free after all.

2 Likes

Just curious, when people say ‘endgame relic’ do they mean just crafting one, or making multiple to get the best completion bonus?

End game relics are the BiS for certain builds, high level ones and usually they cost lot’s of iron but also require other low level relics. To me unless you don’t have high level relics blueprints, isn’t worth it to craft expensive relics during leveling. Free Elder talismans will do decent job or cheap ones like Haunt.

2 Likes

Also a Mythical relic usually needs another Mythical relic to craft it.