Latest Patch, just playing it

Wow! Totally hosed, lost 3 characters completely, they are now at lower levels than they were and the last storage in my stash is gone! With it was a load of Iron too… Guess I need to start a character from scratch now.

checked if game switched save location?
(unsure if this is like a pitchfork thread or i’m kinda ok with it/makes me start over type sentiment)

usually when people miss chars/progress, save location switched, they forgot they were playing on a different drive before, or have cloud on and it synced wrong/old saves and the previous progress wasn’t actually stored (or Onedrive hijacked it if local saves)

Thank you for this, it is likely what happened. Got a new PC and, used one drive (bad idea). Where will the save files be?

OneDrive probably has your My Documents folder so you need to disengage that from OneDrive.

if you got a new PC you need to pull your saves from the old, assuming you didn’t have steam cloud on
save locations are in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\folder of numbers\219990\remote\save\
^if you had cloud on ingame

C:\Users\username\Documents\my games\Grim Dawn\save\
^if you had cloud off in game

if you had cloud on ingame and in Steam library settings (assuming you used Steam’s Grim Dawn ofc), and steam wont pull the saves with a simple verify games or reinstall, then you might be able to pull the saves manually from steam cloud

^if no files are there for grim dawn you didn’t have cloud on proper before
*also keep in mind you can’t just copy files into the steam save folder, they need to be imported from the my games documents save location/“local saves”
powbam has a picture guide here in 2nd half of the post about how to move saves from local/use import feature if it becomes necessary

This is super helpful, thank you so much. I am able to locate the old files which were from the transfer and will look at the guide to see where to “import” them to. This was a really good piece of info as I was just going to copy them over. Thanks everyone on this thread for your help, you all rock!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.