Learning Bladedancer and GD in general (helpful discussion welcomed ^^)

yes, they are unrelated
regular procs has nothing todo with wps

it sounds better than it is :sweat_smile:
first you need to realize it has less than 50% uptime, this type of proc buff doesnt’ start cooldown until duration ends
then you have to remember that regular % bonus dmg in Grim Dawn is additive, so it’s not that much in the long run - the OA is really neat tho

1 Like

oh crap, I don’t get this GD math, deceiving me like that :smiley:

basically when you’re seeing your dmg ingame you already have XY dmg boosters applied
so when you see a new dmg bonus, or buff like this with 50%dmg, it doesn’t take your existing dmg and slap another 50% on top it, it adds 50% to the base dmg
so lets say your cadence tooltip is showing you 5000dmg, but you already have 350% dmg, and maybe some from cunning. Adding 50% from fighting spirit would not make it 7500, it would make perhaps 5700
If you’re then at a state where your dmg is based of existing 2200% dmg boosters to get that 5k displayed dmg, that 50% dmg bonus would then suddenly be a 1/44th increase (2200/50), so then suddenly it’s only actually adding 100final bonus for 5100 final output, if that makes sense?
Basically the more %dmg bonus you already have, the less effective more and more %dmg additions become.
Early game as example fighting spirit bonus is huge; because you don’t have many high %boosters yet at that point. But later on it then becomes less strong(dmg wise) since the bonus dmg has less effect and only partial buff time duration on top.

1 Like

Base damage is weapon + attributes + skill damage ?

is Zolhan’s Technique so bad, no one takes a single point in it from the Blademaster builds I watch ?

unsure what you mean by attributes there, if you mean ex cunning or spirit that’s still bonus additive %dmg
base dmg is whatever raw unmodified dmg your skill/attack does + applicable flat dmg sources, such as weapon dmg
easiest way to see skill’s base dmg is grimtools, tho it wont show effects like weapon dmg combined as base dmg but still with dmg bonuses applied, tho you can count the dmg sources up manually as they will be displayed in their raw form on on items and buffs etc

i don’t know which blademaster builds you watch, it’s good, should generally be taken because AoE, but depends on your overall build and what you have

1 Like

ye i meant those main attributes - cunning / spirit

isn’t whirling death better aoe than zolhan’s tecnique ?

you also take whirling :wink:

1 Like

so how would u distribute skill points between all the available triggered abilities ?
also just one-two points into Fighting Spirit is fine ?

it’s been a while since i did mine, i think i took both belgo shears, whirling, execution, markovian and zolhan
tho i think it was considered “less optimal” by the meta optimizers, and they usually ditched belgo shears because it was considered “slow wps”
(the pro players prefer wps with fastest hit frames as possible down to the miliseconds difference :sweat_smile:)

yes

1 Like

FS often is a one point skill, if you need OA you better invest on Pneumatic burst.
Cadence is huge point-consumed and not that much useful/strong unless you have at least 170 AS, I suggest you farm a Mistborn relic for auto attack til you have abundant skill points.

1 Like

No, after buff in 1.2 fighting spirit is one of the most powerful abilities in game, and you really want put there not just one skill point, but much more

what? :rofl:
it has 50% uptime as default now, which is the same as before 1.2 if you maxed it (which rarely was done still)
just like how you usually don’t max deadly aim with 50% uptime either…

I reached ultimate, lvl 72, skipped elite, a little tough if ressistances are bellow 50% but I like challenges.
Ok so now I need to know best places to farm for my Blademaster items :slight_smile:

Grimtools 10/10

so how do I find which areas have good items to farm ? call me old fashioned, I like to have conversation about it

1 Like

depends which items you’re after
some stuff can’t be target farmed, so there you just need to use either efficient RNG loot sources, or whichever source you find most palatable/fun to farm
for RNG/no source global loot drops (high)SR/Crucible is the best,
then you have Monster Totems as a decent second,
after that you can do skeleton key dungeons or just regular boss/hero rounds
for target farm you can see directly on grimtools which monsters can drop your item, ex if you’re after Derma Slicers it will show you Dermapteran heroes and champions in the hive near homestead
*note expansion tag is not a source, just means it needs to be installed, loot source will always be displayed at the bottom as “dropped from/has blueprint/sold by” etc

1 Like

how about Shattered Realm , I thought that’s the best endgame farming content ?

SR = Shattered Realm

1 Like

ok, my build so far Blademaster, Level 75 (GD 1.2.0.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator