Leathery Hide +32 Armor only on Helmet

So Leathery Hide component only adds 32 armor to helmet. Is this intentional? I was assuming it increases all armor by 32. 32 on just helmet is really underwhelming.

Armor from components is specific to the armor it is applied to with the exception of when it’s applied to the belt slot. Belts, although they are armor, are considered to be accessories so their bonuses are applied globally to the character.

I know, but i kinda forget that. Never considered using Leathery Hide until now and when i see the armor bonus i instinctively though it is a global bonus then i realized it is not, and it is bad.

Also it is weird that % armor bonus applies to all armor like Ancient Plating but flat is not.

Tbh even if it had %armor and/or armor absorption instead like Ancient Armor Plating it would still not be competitve to other head component options endgame, but at least it would had made it worth considering when levelling.

I mean there is a reason i just kinda considered to use it and never before. Stun reduction is unique. Even then, i would like to see some global armor bonus to make it somewhat competitive

My humble opinion is stun reduction was unique long ago, so Leathery Hide at some point actually was the meta helm component. But nowadays it’s much less scarce than it used to be.

Yep, I remember using leathery hide on some builds back in AoM when we had like one or two good options for boots apart from stonehide stoneplate greaves of kings.
After all the buffs to (formerly mediocre) boots and stun res being added to more devotions leathery hide is a component that’s really never good endgame anymore. It should definitely get %armor instead or flat armor though imo.

Maybe 32… damage absorbption? :open_mouth: You know, like Inquisitor Seal and stuff. :eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.