Leep runes need buff

FG is really awesome. Beautiful and truly joyous. So I don’t wanna show disrespect for all the work that went into designing the leap runes by saying that the leaping runes are trash. So, respectfully, the leap runes are trash. They need some serious buffs to compensate for how long their animation is. Especially for how long it takes to “regain balance” after finishing the move.

I’m not gonna bore anyone with the details of how exactly they ought to be buffed. That’s numbers. Instead, I’m gonna prove my point with a solid fact:

Research shows that 100% builders chose the teleportation runes over the leap runes. Staggering 50% of them even chose a teleportation rune with no effect over one of the damaging and debuffing leap runes.*

I hope you find it convincing. Thank you for reading.

• (The scope of the research is me and Spanks. There is also Omnitrio who chose a charge rune but he’s not the scope of the research. Anyways, he didn’t chose a leap rune, either.) :stuck_out_tongue:
1 Like

+1 on this

I would really like that the char regain “balance” after a successful leap

I haven’t used the runes yet, but I have noticed that with Vire’s. The time it takes to regain control after the charge makes it questionable as to whether it’s even worth using strictly for movement.

Vire is like a charge rune. The leap runes are much worse. I mean I’m fine with the delay if this is how it’s supposed to work. But it simply doesn’t pay to use the leap runes when you can use teleport and deal twice as much dmg by other means in the time it takes to finish the leap animation. Up the numbers pls.

I thought they removed Leep runes from the game for being too overpowered :stuck_out_tongue:

If you hate leap i don’t know what you might think about disengage.

a simple question… can leap’s animation be boosted by +movement/cast/total speed?

I don’t think so.

+1 to op. Leap runes are underwhelming. Animation is long, distance is lacking and the effect is nothing to write home about.

It really can’t compete with top Shadow Strike runes or with some teleport runes, especially teleport runes with damage that let you proc stuff like Aeon Hourglass while teleporting.

In pre-FG theorycrafting everyone used the rylok leap rune for - 100 DA/OA, now we found out that Rune of Displacement is actually busted. For Mobility.

unlike other runes which have damage/effects tied to it rune of displacement has none of that sort, so its pure mobility is justified.

also it probably has one of the lowest droprate for the rune recipe, being a legendary rune with best mobility…

also i think vire’s might/charge runes are fine if you not doing 170 cruci/70 sr runs all the time. vire might spam builds are way better for nemesis/rogue dungeon runs.

with this yeah i conclude leap runes really have no place atm.

Char are still baby with this, give them time to be used to :smiley:

Which specific runes are recommended for end game?I have to choose for my builds and still haven’t decided.

My biggest issue with leap runes is long animation time when use in melee range, when I leap in short range it looks like my character is flying into the sky, weird and long winding time before landing. This needs to be fix or these runes would be Forgotten… at melee range it should be more like stomp the ground.

2 Likes

Yeah +1 on all this.

Leap-type runes are too clumsy to use as an attacking spell and too slow for movement in crucial situations (like in SR and Crucible), especially for melee characters. The granted skills deal nice amount of damage, though. To make Leaps more useful, their mechanic could be similar to Shadow Strike - when a target is in melee range, player does not leap into the sky, but smashes the ground (maybe like Shaman’s Upheaval?).

Maybe it is too late for game mechanics change, but + 1 from me anyway.

Leap rune is good for debuff but overall the animation takes too long to hit the ground. It doesn’t has to be leg movement like video below. Make it simpler, quicker and functional. The good things about these movements are they can be onward and backward. It also solves the problem that Disengage Rune get stocked by surroundings all the time without a pro pilot.

Like Side Swipe

or
Butterfly Kick