Let's delete battlemage already

how bout we make it good instead op

I love my BM :slight_smile:

Quite close :slight_smile:

damn damn :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks! Duly noted. Now just have to get a Battlemage started! :eek: Thought I’d already done that. Planned it out, but haven’t started yet.

I posted the build in another thread.

Thanks again! I’m already going to try your WPS Blademaster so may give the BM a try too. :slight_smile:

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49867

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50029

Thanks Chthon. I’ve got Squib’s Warder already, but will have a look at yours too as I was finding killing some of the bosses hard work over the weekend. Just felt like I wasn’t doing much damage when actually attacking so was taking a while to bring them down, though she’s only reached the Broken Hills riftgate so not very far along yet. Will check the BM build too.

I’m just going to leave that here.

Pretty sure Elemental Cadence works better with Witchblade or Fire/Lightning Commando.

Physical BM is still not very optimal imo

Well, bloody pox received a buff in 1.0.0.8 after a thread with similar name appeared here, so I thought why don’t give it a chance :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m still convinced that +%cast speed on Reckless Power should be +%total speed.

Yeah Battlemage is pretty awful in next patch should just be deleted tbh

Real talk: It’s getting there. Still kinda blows since Arcanist has no source of +% Attack Speed whereas literally every other mastery in existence does. But at least the anti-synergy is gone. I don’t think relegating the +% Attack Speed to Reckless Power is the right choice; I’d rather see it on something like Arcane Will.

Edit: Also why is Squad Tactics such a joke of a skill nowadays? At 17/12 it’s worse than most other skills before ultimate levels.

not everything has to be optimal. i enjoy creating “weird” less optimal builds. they still do 40k dps and around 80-110k crits clearing ultimate HC. people should start to learn to enjoy the game and its huge build diversity instead of only wanting the meta game :rolleyes:

The last battlemage I made has the shitty legendary alkamos scythe and he still does a steady 55k dps and 100-105k crits. killed Logh on HC ultimate easily.

Idk, changing reckless power will look less artifical, also it selectively buffs battlemage and compensates gun sorcs for losing attack speed on Vortex of Souls, while spellbreakers will be unaffected. But yeah, I want melee or ranged druids to be viable so probably reckless power isn’t the best place. Imo the only other place where it won’t look that out of place is IEE, but that’ll make IEE way too similar to Solael’s.

Edit: also I’d like to remind that Arcanist offers way less flat damage than occultist so reckless power and IEE need their flat dmg improved. Especially Reckless Power.

Don’t make one and he won’t suck.

+1

Arcanists are arcanists. They don’t need attack speed.

They need casting speed, which they do.

The Battlemages are probably in the same time the easiest build to plan (not necessarily to play, but to plan as a strategy) and one of the builds with the most various developments: You can aim for maximal damage absorption with Bulwark+Sphere of Protection, for melee elemental damage with Elemental Exchange+Discord, for a duel/mass melee combo with Cadence+Callidor’s Tempest, for a disabler (not sure about the name) with Blitz/Blade Arc/Forcewave+Flash Freeze etc. That build usually lacks health points in late game, but not much more than most builds beyond the Allmighty Warder.

Have you considered Empowered Essence in amulet slot and and Tyrant’s Aetherwarped Cleaver of Fury (if you have one that is, cause i don’t) as the weapon.
Your sheet DPS should drop only a little but your AS would shoot up nicely

I would recommend a different gloves but apparently the passive gives you AS in the next patch.

Also, i’ve never used Markovian Strategim on any non-retaliation build. Is it BiS? I never get around to testing it so an experienced opinion helps

Don’t make one and he won’t suck.

It’s precisely because I know he sucks I won’t build one.
Once you actually try some of the stuff you’re talking about you might be able to show me my place. :wink:

-Damage absorption isn’t additive so no. Maiven + Bulwark is redundant. Just pick one and save your precious skill points

-Arcanist lacks elemental RR, Elemental as a whole lacks good Tier-3 support (Blind Sage is a Tier-0 constellation for me, it just outright sucks).
So Elemental Discord Cadence is more of Witchblade thing or Commando thing

-duel/mass melee, what?

-Blitz is a one point wonder for most builds, not that its bad skill or anything.
Forceweave isn’t the best of skills out there
Flash Freeze sucks vs bosses, unless you pull of some gimmick like Night’s Embrace

-Health isn’t an issue imo.

A good battlemage is hard to plan imo. But an unoptimized mess (which battlemages usually are) is easy to make.

I dont see any reason why phyz melee BM is not vialbe. yeah, Arcanist dosent provide %iAS, but, lets face the terrible true - 12% iAS is hardly notticable. Just pick arcane will, inner focus and miror from Arcanist, put all else in soldier and you are good to go. Not OpieOpie like WH, but doable .