Let's talk PRM (Panetti's Replicating Missle), what's ur opinion on it and how it could be improved

Title.

Been having a go at PRM recently again after god knows how long and was quickly reminded as to why I haven’t touched it for so long…

The most glaring issues I personally have with it are:

1. The insane amount of points required to max it which leaves you starving for skillpoints.
  2. Very mid. clear thx to the overall lack of firepower & rng nature of proj. splitting
  3. Absolutely atrocious single target dmg!

I think that PRM is in dire need of some fresh air especially with FoA on the horizon.
Ideas I would have in mind are:

1. Add +1 to arcanist to some PRM related items like for example: M. Arcanum Sigillis, M.Spellgaze, M. Panetti’s Replicating Wand, +1 all skills to Ivoker’s Will set & +1 all skills to The Paragon of Panetti set bonus.
  2. Increase bonuses that give +levels to PRM, Distortion, Supercharged & Proliferation.
  3. A ton more flat dmg. to the initial missle and/or PRM related items, so that the horrendous single target is a thing of the past.
  4. Maybe more fragments to help clear a lil.

This is what I’d have in mind to make PRM not the laughable lightshow that it is atm.

If you have other ideas, thoughts and so on pls post them bellow!

Cheers, Mergo! :wave:

5 Likes

The skill point cost always bugged me, if it was 12/10/10/10 instead of 16/12/12, it would bring the total cost to 42 points, similar to the 40 points from the usual 3-nodes (16/12/12) skills. It’s especially aggravating as all 4 nodes are contributing to the damage, and arcanist also has a bazillion passives that would gladly take your points.
Now this brings a consistency issue with FoI and Dreeg’s Thingy, but let’s consider the change first

3 Likes

On the one PRM build I’ve played I didn’t get the impression that the clear was bad, in fact the AoE felt pretty satisfying and even made hero killing quite fast as the projectiles kept bouncing back onto them. The single target, though, is possibly the worst I’ve seen, only perhaps rivalled by Vit Blade Arc. And Vit Blade Arc is borderline unplayable. I’d go so far as to say that if PRM fired two projectiles instead of one in single target combat the damage would still be mediocre at best. I suppose PRM is trying to redeem its awful damage by stacking % crit but getting the OA high enough can be an issue.

1 Like

Speaking of extra skillpoints, Panetti needs more jewelry. Currently only a pair of Invoker’s rings give a total of +6 to PRM modifiers, which makes them practically no alternative choice, and the 3rd piece of the set gives another +6 in addition to its bonuses.

3 Likes

Adding on to this, Panetti badly needs more early MI support. It always felt rather bad that the only active spell available from lvl 2 on the pure “mage” class was such a noobtrap. Right now, there’s no reason to play Panetti over component abilities before level 50 if you know what you’re doing.

The league team added this item, which makes Panetti leveling somewhat bearable, which is a step in the right direction imo.

1 Like

PRM’s items is very limited and most builds using Phantom-Thread Girdle or Arcanoweave Cord. Additions +1 to arcanist will allow use Scales of Beronath.

Depends on damage type. For ele PRM Mage Hunter, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator it would be nice to give + Distortion/Supercharged. For cold PRM Mage Hunter, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator Distortion

From my point of view adding 400/2s frostburn damage to Mark of Shadow Queen was a good (in the previous patсh have massive + to ele dot’s damage!)

Also some PRMs build have +40…120 chaos res overcap and need to be swapped out
(invokers shocking touch replace to pierce res, cortosian scrolls to acid res).

1 Like

How about making PRM has accumulation, each successful hit increases total dmg target received by 8-10%, stack 8 times. Or transmuted increases PRM total dmg by 35% but losing 50% pass through.

iirc Zantai said that there are no plans to completely rework skills and therefore ur idea is outa they question even tho I like the accumulation approach ngl.
If that would rly be enough tho… no idea… seeing just how awful single target on it is.

Need more item support for VIT PRM. :grin:

3 Likes

I think if each time you use the skill the fragments have a chance of gathering into one location (with a lower damage rate) which will improve the damage to single targets.