Level cap mod

Hi!! Is there a way to run this mod(

): (increase level cap)… could I run it without loosing my character?? And about dlcs?? can it run together them?? -sorry for my english…
thank You very much for Your patience… Kind regards!!

+1 pls

update better levels to FG 1.1.6.2 :pray:

My guess is no, since the whoever made it hasn’t touched it since 2017.

1 Like

And is it not modifiable by someone? A remake :relaxed:

Possibly if anyone wants to do it and asks the original creator if it’s okay. Or make their own mod doing the same thing.

1 Like

Feel free to give it a shot :wink: It probably would not be all that hard to do, but unless someone is interested in picking this up, it won’t happen - and the lack of responses does not indicate much interest

1 Like

I’m taking a look at the .dbr files

learning :man_facepalming: :sweat_smile:

A good starting point would always be to extract the mod’s .arz, you can do that via ArchiveTool <path + arz file> -database

Going by what the mod says it does (i.e. did not look at the actual files), you would mostly be interested in records\creatures\pc\playerlevels.dbr. Removing the level restrictiion from records/items/… is tedious, not hard - you should use a tool with search & replace rather than do it by hand

And that is pretty much it, except for the purchasable item that gives a devotion point

The author has already given permission to everyone, so go ahead :smiley:

In that case, use his .dbrs as a starting point and use WinMerge or something to compare them to the vanilla files. Check the differences and decide whether they are part of the mod or part of a newer GD version and take over the ones from the latter into the mod’s files.
This should mostly affect the items from which he removed the level requirements - and new ones have been added since, so you need to create a version of those as well.

1 Like