Leveling purely in crucible

With the addition of merit, I kinda want just leveling in crucible, what the optimal way to level purely in crucible if anyone have any experience with it ?

Crucible leveling it’s mostly to get early tributes and spend them on devotions. Having something like Elemental storm or Tsunami unlocked early on can help you clear easier and faster campaign.

Pure Crucible leveling can become very slow and painful experience after 30-35 level, cause you’ll start to lack certain gear and items. Also you can’t level factions, which isn’t recommended approach.

Up to 50 in about 4 hours with Tonics of Clarity, but it is hugely dependent on the class. Well, some people get to 50 in 2 hrs in campaign, so I guess it’s still slow. As for factions the gain on mandates was bumped from 100 to 150% specifically because merits are a thing now.

1 Like

True about merits system helps with factions. Still it’s rather boring to level in Crucible even if in FG it’s easier now :sweat_smile:

It’s boring because you’re in “Crucible is only good for devotions” loop, while once you realize that you can go further if you play around beacons rather than doing damage yourself it becomes much more fun. Especially since there’s strategy element of splitting your tribute income between resetting at checkpoint, upgrading beacons and getting devotion points.

My experience is that leveling in Crucible is a waste of time. I like it though thanks to that instant gratification - you don’t have to walk anywhere, talk to people, look at the map, explore, you can just fight, fight, fight…

You can get to level 40 or so if you get a level 100 friend to do 3-4x 170 clears with you while wearing lokarr set

Imagine not pairing it with a wondrous necklace. A screaming oversight, that is.

1 Like

There wasn’t wilhelm ammy back when I was doing this.

The best thing is if you somehow manage to stay alive in 170, you can pop a malmouth exp pot right before the wave ends for double exp bonus

1 Like

Imagine not using time machines :smirk:

2 Likes

I actually used to level scrubs this way for millions of iron bits, or for dozens of ugdenblooms :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes