Levelling post Act 5/Lvl 50

Good afternoon all,

I’ve just dinged 50, cleared Act 5 boss and started wandering around Gloomwald/Ugdenbog (Which I assume is the Ashes DLC?). Just a general query as to what people tend to do post Normal difficulty. Is it worth clearing Ashes/Forbidden DLC on normal and clear the whole game or hop straight to Elite and re-run the main campaign? What’s the most efficient? I’m trying to clear as many shrines as possible (hopefully not missed any so far) as my next Dev points take me in to the outer ring, either Behemoth or Chariot (currently playing 2H primal warder)

On the back of that, is chariot or behemoth typically preferred for lightning warder? Currently running Toad, Rhowan, Eel, Spider, Kraken & Widow.

Thank you

You may want to reach Coven Refuge in Ugdenbog to start gaining their reputation.

I think it makes sense to go to Forgotten Gods until you reach Animated Keepers/Perservers who may drop Korvan Storm Halberd - very decent weapon uprgage which will carry you to ultimate, especially if you may get something like Stormcharged Korvan Storm Halberd of Thunder.

I personally use both Chariot and Behemoth for the heal, as well as Gollus rings in both rings for +3 to Mogdrogen Pact and + 3 to Menhir Bulwak (make sure it’s your exclusive skill as it grants damage absorb, flat phys converted to lightning (check your weapon to make sure you have phys converted to lightning) and hp regen). Also recommend to finish Hidden Path Quest on Normal and get Solael-Sect pants with adcth, prefix/suffix does not matter much at low levels.

Otherwise suppose it’s best to go Elite and keep going through the campaign again, i did not farm anything on NOrmal and Elite except Solael-Sect pants and Gollus rings.

1 Like

I believe I’ve gone past Coven Refuge (2nd base type area with spirit/bank/vendors etc?) Just cleared the heart of the forest for Mogdregen and got achi.

Currently using normal Wildcaller Decapitator. Is Korvan Halberd still way better? If so I will go and try to find one after hidden path quest. I have 2x Gollus rings (Decent affix level 38 versions)

Can’t reach Menhir Bulwark for probably at least 15 or so more levels yet I doubt. Only just started on Soldier mastery.

Will look in to Hidden path quest next.

Is it worth completing Malmouth area? Ugdenbog and beyond? Is there much more to find/do?

• EDIT - assume I can go back to Normal mode later and just clear at will anyway can’t I? I want to go find some shrines that I already know the location of to get more devotions to be honest

• EDIT 2 - finished hidden path quest but pants are level 60 sadly so will come back and farm it later

Everyone does it a bit differently.

• I’d skip Elite altogether (finishing Normal / Vet unlocks Ultimate in 1.2) and just go straight to Ultimate when you’re ready (which is mostly having good resistance overcaps and otherwise an ok build)

• Ugdenbog + Barrowholm + getting some gear from FG on Normal is definitely a good advice.

• Malmouth - since you don’t get reputation from it anywhere else - depends if you want some gear from there early. I skip it often till Ultimate when I don’t but then I have to grind bounties for an hour or two to get to Revered. Maybe it’s better to run in on Normal once quickly so that you can avoid that. That’s without the mandate which increase rep gain.

You can check it here by uploading your save Grim Dawn Checklist

1 Like

Decided I’m going to clear the lot on normal for now. Just clear as much as poss and experience the full story. Will just try and fly through other difficulties and do main story only but that’s as/when.

The save checker is awesome, thank you for that, will try it now.