Lightning Albrecht's Aether Ray for everyone (mini guide)

this is gonna be mini guide, players who wanna play lightning AAR with decent and ‘achievable standarts’.
sadly there is no dedicated set and build really wants to use at least 2 or 3 green item slots to reach its potential.
also you have to use 2 storm witch rings or shephard belt to convert aether to lightning for build to maximize its potential… also valaxteria chest is pretty solid option for build and so easy to farm.

this is pretty much ‘my take’ for lightning aar, nothing set in stone change whatever you want.

BUILD LINK

summary of build

• 2800,2900 oa without deadly aim
  • 2800,2900 da
  • around 14.5 15.2k hp
  • 1900-2000k armor + %27-30 phys res
  • awseome CC res + disruption res
  • maiven + censure
  • leech from offhand, amazing sustain
  • 22k-23k aar dps with defensive setup, 26k with offensive
  • insane crit as usual aar build
  • overcapped cast speed
  • max movement speed
  • 210 flat absorb from seal
  • motd circuit break
  • giants blood proc to back you up

NAKED CRUCIBLE RUN around 12mins, first and only try

there are some weird stuff and kinda good builds going on forum, so id clarify some important stuff to me with faq’s.

FAQ

1- disruption res is important? how much i need? can i play AAR without 0 disruption res?

• depends what you are looking for. layer of defences in arpg’s build for disadvantageous situations. you can play any build 1500 hours with 0 stun resist, and once you get stun and die like a duck. i dont like this kind of chars and mentality, so id say min +35-50 disruption resist is MUST, period.
    you rely on AAR leech and you cant even blink when you got disrupted, you have limited sustain outside of leech so its your choice.
    i cant take any AAR build with 0 disrupt res so serious/well rounded… nothing personal.

2- spear of heavens is must or meh ?

• to be fair, its awesome and id take it for most lightning and aether builds but its goddamn costly. AAR is a char that has millions of problems to be solved. cast speed*overcap cast speed, max cc res, energy regen leech absorb, hp pool, decent da, armor , phys res, sustain , circuit breker, aeo dmg, positioning goes on…
    i can see myself skipping this for high sr pushs for other stuff… as long as you reach %1900 lightning dmg with decent oa crit you are fine.
    sustain from spear is good but not something mind blowing btw, you have ultos doing same stuff and there are other solutions like giants blood dryad and such.

3- can i play arcanist without nullification?

• hmm, its kinda no ty… i cant be kind here, if you dont take null better dont touch arcanist. at least 1 pt is MUST…

4- why raise the dead instead of elemental storm?

• originally i wouldnt trade this but i wanted more cast speed i guess and most importantly i want to experience of skelly debuff. id say its working so well.

5 - iskandra balance relic VS ignaffar?

• i tested both, iskandra slightly wins it nothing mind blowing.

6- seal of corruption is must ?

• well, its kinda must. so good to pass and procs devotions so well. you can get away with it but i see no reason not to use it.

7- mi’s in video are really hard to farm ?

• took me like 2 hours to get these no joke. you will potentially gonna get alot better than these. i already have godly ones that i refused to use. also i dont think id play this build further pm me if you want greens.

8- devastation seems weird and outcast helm?

• they are awesome :wink:

9- can this build do sr 75? sr +85

• i got sr 50 with ZERO problems. and stopped there, just boredom. build can push sr 75 with this setup eyes closed with decent playstyle and game sense. for sr +80 85 better greens kinda required and devotions change.
    bet is open, challange me if you want.

10- seal of blades is trash ?

• armor, which you pretty much need. leech portion is whatever.

11- mark of divinity is must?

• no actually its pretty trash compare to shadow queen or other choices. i just want 1 thing to save me in naked run also comfort come from this medal is nothing to passyolo, ghoul is absolute dogshit for this build dont even bother. bat performs okish on stormbox but w/e.
    also +3max ele res and bigchick hp welcomed for run and maybe sr. i doubt ill use motd before sr 75 anyway queen is so good.

12- what about time dilation?

• was never fan of, and will never be for double mirror and such… there are other methods i like more and succeed. it seems like dead to me, now working as intended.

13- whats your opinion about ‘gg grens’ ?

*as a person who has insane legit double mi collection, i wouldnt care less. most builds works with or without them anyway. gdstash poison is there if you wanna use it and no1 cares in single game. maybe you are 45 years old man with no time and wanna have some fun, we cant judge people.
i have 1 solid idea about GD , you can make nearly everything work in this game, just try abit harder.
and nothing has to be optimized %100 perfect, play a build and let it go. and most importantly play ‘your build’ if it works for you who cares.

Conclusion

well its pretty cool build, tbh top tier single target dmg can burst all nemesis in secs in campaign…
crucible, build has many problems to be TOP build in crucible, with 2 buffs 1 banner its still extremely fast. build has some targeting issue, pathing issue and line’ing issue in crucible… it will take some time to get used to it.

thats my take on lightning AAR

you can ask any question you want, id gladly try to help.

cheers

Attachment: The_Acranist.jpg

maybe baby reserved

Nice build but imho you should give alternatives for the greens since not everyone wants to farm greens with specific pre and suffix. If it took you only 2 hours to farm those, well I guess you are a lucky one. :wink:
Especially in regards to the title I think a cheap alternative should be given. Also could you do me and maybe others a favor and at least start sentences with a capital letter? It makes it more pleasant to read imho and I think others would agree.
As to the helm you could use the green one which turns Devastation completely elemental, might give it a damage boost.

Some demonstration videos against Nemesis enemies would be nice as well.

I have one question, how do you feel about Time Dilation devotion ability? Helpful or do you find it useless or not helpful enough?

2 questions.

1. Did you try mythical storm shepherd for full aether to lightning conversion?

2. Do you have energy regen issues with this build?

Thanks in advance.

welp, you beat me :stuck_out_tongue:
not sure if I should post my char aswell or not now :undecided:

You’re not beat by Stoya only.Last few days three lightning AAR MH had been posted.It’s interesting to compare them.

Alright, I’m gonna post mine aswell then in a min :smiley:

Hi! Is this 50/50 lightning - aether damage? Is that better than converting 100% to lightning? Nice build!

1- you cant get away from min 2 mi’s in build mostlikely… scepter and offhand is BIS and they are target farmable. for shoulder you can use dawnshard but farming log is easier solution.
also getting these 3 target farmable mi are alot easier than getting %10000 luck related unqs already, right?
3 mi’s i used in video are not double rare, esp my shoulders are legit meh.
if you dont wanna farm 3 bosses like 2-5 hours to get decent build going on, GD is simply not for those players.
i dont see cheap options than these, farm scepter with cast speed, farm offhand with ANY stats, farm shoulders with 1 res + any usefull stats… how hard this can be.
i am %200 sure you will endup better items than these if you farm 4-6 hours, in worst case scenario you will deal %5less dmg than i do, which is perfectly ok for build. dont know what else i can say :eek:

for other slots, ill check and add some other item choices… good catch , ty

2- i might record some more videos sure, main campaign version of this build uses different medal and valaxteria chest.

3- time dilation killed, and it was well deserved death. aeon nodes are amazing for any caster but i pretty much hated double mirror stuff now i dont see any use of it. sure option is there, but i dont think its worth investment anymore better get other defence stats and all overall better sustain/defence.

1- dmg and lightning dmg numbers i get was good enough to skip belt, its surely solid option but i value +1 arcanist huge oa and energy absorb more than that.
better option is using any even trash rolled valaxteria chest instead of fateweaver imo

2- nope i dont have any regen issues, if you encounter something like that change 1 augment to arcanum dust on joolary, 1 wep augment for dreeg’s foresight or creed’s cunning or invest more in iee or mental alacrity

ideal version is using valaxteria chest with min %32-35 aether to lightning but i didnt wanna add 1 more green to build.
you have 23k aar dmg on the setup i posted pretty much enough for any content till sr 75.