Lightning rod/Firestrike Elementalist

Hi all, first time poster here.

I purchased the game about a week ago and enjoying it so far, lots of room for theorycrafting and customization.

I haven’t seen many Elementalist builds posted so I decided to try and build one (my main is S&B Commando). I can’t post links here yet so here’s the build in a nutshell (lvl 85);

DEMOLITIONIST
Max FS up to Static Charge (included)
Max Flame Touched (ignore Temper)
5/12 Flashbang, 5/10 Searing Light
12/16 Vindictive Flame, 1 point Ulzuin
1 point Canister + max Concussive transmuter

SHAMAN
Max Strom Totem
Max Stormcaller’s Pact
Max Heart of the Wild, 1 point Mogdrogen
Max Blast Shield EDITED
1 point core Wind Devil, max Raging Tempest EDITED

DEVOTIONS
Owl
Raven
Rhowan’s Crown
Tempest (spec Lizard temporarily)
Viper
Chariot of the Dead
Hawk
Scholar’s Light
Empty Throne
Blind Sage

GAMEPLAY
Ranged FS as LMB main dps source (Elemental Storm)
Storm Totem as fire-and-forget AoE (Reckless Tempest)
Wind Devil as debuff/AoE (Elemental Seeker)
FB and Concussive Grenade as CC/debuff

I currently use rifles/crossbows but intend to switch to DW pistols as they scale better lategame (that’s what I was told at least).

Devotions support both fire and lightning damage, so any advice on which set to use for endgame to complement this build is welcome. Any advice on the build in general is also appreciated.

Thx in advance

I play pretty much the same elementalist as you and I decided to go all the way to brimstone. Not sure if it makes sense to stop the line after static strike. Brimstone is just too strong and Blastshield is mandatory anyway. Once I am high level I will try to figure out if brimstone is worth the lost points in totem and devil.

Devotionwise I go all offernsive. With brimstone + all the +elemental% nodes eldritch fire suddenly is a no brainer as chaos damage is boosted as well.

Thx for your input. True, stopping at Static Charge does hurt a little, with Brimstone being just a few levels away.

I’m currently low level as well and I’m curious whether or not Brimstone is worth speccing instead of Stormcaller/Totem.

I guess I could drop lightning damage for chaos, my only concern being that Brimstone/chaos damage is only a portion of the FS dps and I’m unsure whether or not it’s worth supporting via gear/nodes.

I picked Storm Totem/Wind Devil iteration first because it’s fire and forget which is kinda nice to have when you’re kiting your way to victory (also Ulzuin’s Avatar set would work wonders in this setup).

Blast Shield is a nice thing to have, agreed. I’ll try and stretch the build a bit just to grab a couple of points.

BTW, does elemental% boost chaos/aether as well or applies only to fire/cold/lightning? (devotion/gear)