Lightweight Mod for Speeding Up the Leveling Process

Incorrect. This is the proper way (if in PowerShell):

Hint: Supply the entire “correct” paths to ensure everything works properly.

If using a normal command prompt:

Hint 2: In the root GD folder copy BOTH ArchiveTool.exe and zlibwapi.dll and then paste them into the folder you are going to be working in.

1 Like

^ What powbam wrote, but why did you not just use the provided source? Would have made it a lot easier!

Anyway, what you are missing is the conversation file converted to clear text. This is for some reason very time consuming to do, but I already did it a while ago, so here you go. Just drop it where the __mod.txt is.

DogConversation.txt (2.9 KB)

3 Likes

Well, that’s embarrassing… Somehow I didn’t notice the source files :sweat_smile: Thank you both for the help :smiley:

If i use the non-custom game version, does it mean i can then use a mod like grimarillion and it will still be compatible?

Some mods might work, as long as there are no conflicts. Grimarillion won’t work, since it adds new classes and therefore also edits the fe/malepc.dbr. Stuff like Creatures.arc are also shared. (does actually not matter, I think, but databases still need to be merged)

Point of the non-custom version is actually only so one can use their existing characters, without moving them to a modded state.

1 Like

Cool mod!
I’ve updated the Rainbow File for DoM by adding the texts for this mod.

2 Likes

Text set for translation

The translator has to translate with the texts adapted to each Lightweight and NonLightweight.

A set of texts for translation for Lightweight Mod 03.zip (15.3 KB)

• 10/13/2021: Support for the latest updates
History

7/??/2021: created
7/24/2021: Fixed some mistakes in NonLightweight conversation text.

2 Likes

That’s great, thank you very much!

@Van_Houck I love this mod I use it in DOM however I cannot for the life of me see how to get any items from POPPING anything… nothing appears it just deletes the item. :frowning:

What exact version are you playing?
Did you try to destroy them next to a stash?
Did you already try to destroy them right after relogging?

I hove the most up to date DOM and I drag the item from my inventory and it asks it I want to destroy… I do with the inventory open and nothing happens… before that i tried alt click and opening them and everything else and read you instruction so another person who is/was having the same issue.

Best mod ever but maybe make a 60 sec vid?

I meant which version of this mod you are playing, e.g. Lightweight / NonLightweight; Custom Game / Non Custom Game. There are so many versions that I could not test them all properly, so there might be one that is indeed not working.

But I think you did everything right, drag and drop them outside your inventory and literally destroy the item. Never open one next to a stash.

Do the items fill your inventory or are the on the ground after popping

You have an explosion and then all the content drops on the ground. Can’t miss that! So it is probably not working for you.

Let me know which version of this mod you are playing so I can see if I messed something up.

The Lightweight Mod compatibility for DOM fix 3 Custom Game

Did you ever figure out the crash problem? I crash when I switch chars at the main screen as well. Accidently asked under DOM thead. Forgot which one was talking about crashes. Im playing heavyweight for DOM version. Having a blast with this.

I gave it a try, and for me they are working fine. So just to make sure, the dog is spawning (which means that the script works)? Also, as I asked before, you do not try to open them near a caravan NPC (this disables them to prevent an exploit)?

@Violesta Not yet, I might have a solution but currently not the time (and honestly the motivation) to fully test it, since this would take quite a while, as the crash only occurs in longer sessions.

EDIT: I can leave instructions of this fix here if someone else wants to test this potential “fix”.

The crash at main menu doesnt involve playing at all. Im just trying to remember what my alts are or have on them. I can usually go into the first np then exit out switch to another char & crash. Doesnt happen each time but it does happen alot. I play too many alts someday I might actually make it to 100 to see how this plays.

I went over to the island, turned off the music and cleared it and popped all and it worked fine. Thanks for your attention.

Do you plan to include this from Grimarillion by the way?

I can’t get the game to crash when switching around, no matter what I do … makes it hard to fix it when I can’t reproduce it (besides playing a long session).

Added a potential fix at the end of this post (ONLY for NonLightweight / Dawn of Masteries). How to apply the patch — works the same as there, but instead the dom.arz needs to be patched.

@tntpop Great that it is working, was already nervous!

As for Grimarillion, maybe some time in the future, doing the DoM patch was already quite stressful due to all the requested versions and stuff not working.

Potential Crash Fix for NonLightweight Mod.zip (29.8 KB) .