Lightweight Mod for Speeding Up the Leveling Process

I doubt there is anything in it that affects this (given that it is predominantly D3 gear changes and the dragonians), but there certainly is no harm in checking, I have no idea what the lighweight mod actually changes :wink:

Thanks for the advice. So I applied “Lightweight Mod compatibility for DoM (1.2.2)” again to check, and all the Dragonians added in v1.2.2 (& v1.2.2a) do not show up and the game crashes. I think there was some sort of problem with the merge.

So I just looked at the mod, I thought nonwlightweight changes the vanilla GDX2, but apparenrtly it too changes DoM, in that case it definitely always needs an upgrade when DoM has one, as the arz will always change.

That still does not explain the dragonians not spawning at all, unless the merge was wrong to begin with and the creatures.arc of this mod does not contain them.

I have to look into the drop problem and experiment a bit with it. This could have something to do with some vanilla chests having a maxLevel of over 100, which leads to items eventually no longer dropping.

So I did not really balance or test this stuff, as noted in the OP, but there are a few ways to address this problem:

• Easiest one would be to just cap the max level somewhere between 130 to 150. The additional points for skills and devotions would be enough to compensate the increase in difficulty.
  • Adding something that removes gaining experience when the player feels like it, so they can themselves decide when to stop.
  • Affixes for epics and legendaries, which only appear when over level 100.
  • Stronger blessings for 150+.
  • Better and more diverse Pahr Gon Levels, which are currently quite boring.

Maybe someone else can provide other creative ways to solve this. I personally would go with the added affixes, but this would not make rare items more viable.

I’m completely clueless when it comes to actual game balance, so I simply can not create new affixes or upgraded items for 100+.

Update might take me a while to do.

@mamba

I patch your original dom.arz with Lightweight files to make both mods compatible. I don’t change anything relevant of Dawn of Masteries, since it’s only a compatibility patch, nothing more!

Only these files of yours are slightly changed:

• female.dbr and male.dbr (added lua functions for the events)
  • loottables such as mt_hu_miscall_d01.dbr (added some items such as Beutekugeln)
  • _skilltree_consumableskills02.dbr (added experience buffs)
  • grimmest.lua (added summon item to spawn into inventory on login)

I will add the source of the Lightweight mod and a batch script for the .arcs to the download next time, so people can easily patch it themselves going forward.

2 Likes

You also include a creatures.arc though and if you did not update that, it is missing the dragonian meshes, animations and textures, which would explain why they are not showing up

Compatibility patch for Dawn of Masteries

You now need to merge both mods on your own. A batch script is included that does most of the work. Follow the included instructions to patch the database afterwards. Whole process does not take any longer than a minute. This whole process, at least the one for the Non Lightweight version, now takes up to ~35 minutes.

Do not close the CMD window until it says so (Do not close it when it says “Operation Completed”, wait a while longer!), extracting and copying the files might take a while. Instead of simply patching the database, you now extract the whole thing, copy the relevant files over, and then repack it again. Do not close the Asset Manager until it is actually done, it will look like this in the end (you see, it took me 23 minutes): 1

Please follow the included instructions carefully.

Delete the templates folder inside “Grim Dawn/database/” if it exists before doing anything.

Affixes for Uniques can not be used with this!

If you encounter any issues or bugs, please report them to me (and not to other mod authors!).

[Download | Full version (Re-upload)]

Alternative Download

Below is the pre-patched version (Faster Leveling (N) / Non Lightweight) for Dawn of Masteries v151. Do not use it with any other version, instead do the patching process above yourself. You have to install Dawn of Masteries first, and overwrite it with the files provided below.

[Download | Pre-patched version (Re-upload)]

Rainbow Filter (only Faster Leveling (N) / Non Lightweight): Extract into “dom/resources” and overwrite. Ignore the files and instructions included in the downloads above.

Text_EN.zip (752.2 KB)

2 Likes

i was doing the last point and then this

Same here. Also, when I start the game, I get the message that I received the Stone of Doggo, but no stone actually shows up in my inventory. (I selected the nonlight option when running the .bat file)

Yeah, sorry, was not aware of this, since everything is already set up for me. It won’t work if you get this error. Will fix it later and try it once with a clean install, which I should have done in the first place.

I fixed the download by adding the template folder to the source (which the batch copies over), and it now works on a clean install for me.

1 Like

Yes, now it works for me, too. Thank you!

1 Like

thanks it worked!!

The mod is not working for me i used a mod organizer called vortex and the mod is enabled and is shown in the custom game but it doesnot work any suggestions?

Sounds like an obvious sign that your mod manager is extracting the files to their location in an incorrect manner. Do it yourself via the directions in the OP to ensure it is being extracted correctly.

Any luck making a nonlight weight version of this for DOM upgrades. When I click on the link for the patches it just sends me to the new lightweight version & its bat thing. & there is no non lightweight version in it. I understand if your still working on it as it does involve more. tx again.

Hey, the compatibility patch includes the files for both versions, just run the batch file after following the instructions from the README text file.

ok so your saying even though the file says lightweight its both? & its looking like this bat thing is hard modding the game? I dont want to hard mod. Do you plan on making a soft mod again?

No, the batch file is doing exactly what I manually did the previous patches (patching Dawn of Masteries, so no hard modding). You should give it a try, it is very easy to do and done in a minute, just follow the short instructions.

Also the download is named after the actual mod, see the title of this thread. Might indeed lead to confusion, but both versions are included.

ok i have problem. I had assistmanager already setup with a working directory. So when I got to step to select DOM its not in the working directory of course. So I copied both the lightweight thingy & DOM to my working directory & followed the steps. I thought that would work but apparently not. When I use the new DOM & overwrote the old DOM. It seems to working properly game wise but no doggo so it didnt combine your mod with DOM properly? Any help would be appreciated & please talk low level I can follow step by step instructions but I cant code really. For starters I choose work offline on assistmanager.
Also tried with clean install which I should of done first but forgot. It still doesnt work no doggo.

Ok got it. May I make a suggestion instructions. Step one for dumb blondes erase old DOM folder for clean install. To remind its like me to do. I think I missed when it told me there was a record already for DOM & I kept doing the steps. Second for peeps like me who already tried AM. change working directory back to mods folder. It will only work in the mods folder not an already set up working folder.

Ugh Im not winning. I give up. I broke char playing around. I knew this. I went into my level 2 char which use to look at the classes. Doggo was there. So after telling you I got it. I went into one of my old chars & no doggo. checked another its broke for some reason. So my fault. Make a new char & went in. The inventory is DOM & I get the G. But no doggo. What went wrong I thought I had it?

So first of all, the batch script should have created a backup of your characters. Check the saves folder.

You have to use the given path from the readme.txt, so put the “___Lightweight Mod” folder into “Grim Dawn/mods/”. I could have included an extra check in the batch, but I thought this was clear.

Use a clean install of Dawn of Masteries. Now you either set up your Asset Manager to only work inside the Grim Dawn directory (like I would expect it to be), OR you copy the whole Dawn of Masteries mod over to your current working directory (after running the batch file first!), and then build it there. Copy it afterwards back.

EDIT: You know it worked if:

1. The batch shows that multiple files got added to the archives.
  2. The Asset Manager shows that multiple (hundreds) records got added/updated. Something like “Updating records: …”, but that very often. Check the readme.txt before doing this.