Lightweight Mod for Speeding Up the Leveling Process

“Normal” like yellow, ie “not rare”?

Oh yeah, just got my first low level epic with yellow prefix. Feels good.

I wonder, does crafting include affixes chances?

I got addicted popping Beutekugeln (had to copy this, hehe, I call them “Badsfdcfqwef” or just “Balls”). When I read about them I thought they are intrusive but they turned out to be really fun addition. Each one is like opening box of candy.

What is the right way to do them? I drop one out of my inventory, confirm destroy and quickly close inventory to see how it pops. Is it how you should do it?

No idea, have not tested that!

Yes! Just never pop one right next to a stash / Caravan NPC, they are disabled there.

1 Like

Loving this mod (light version). While I enjoy the intrusive/(N)on lightweight version more than the (L)ightweight, the god events made me stop using (N).

I love the idea of the god events, however the only time I really ever get to interact with them is in town. While I’m sure the people in Devil’s Crossing appreciate reinforcements, it’s a bit jarring having a horde of slith standing around waiting to fight nothing lol. Then there’s the explosives event, which I’ve only interacted with out in the wild due to curiosity since I’m usually halfway across an area while reading the notice that the event WILL trigger.

The progress-halting event is hilarious in execution but doesn’t really fit due to the nature of this mod. I’d suggest maybe instead of halting progress, consider hindering players. Like, maybe have several different debuffs for those little hooligans to inflict. -25% XP gain (give incentive to use your XP gain books instead of hording, without completely negating progress); resistance penalty, etc. Essentially, things that would incentivize using the game’s and your mod’s mechanics, this could also make the event impactful once at max level.

^ Great points! I went ahead and addressed them.

Patch 1

Changes

• (+) You can now re-summon the dog during the same game session (Has a cooldown of 8 minutes)
  • (–) Gods are no longer bothering you while you are in a main hub doing business
  • (–) God Events now have a different effect for good and bad events
  • (–) Sacrificing your Health Points (-75%) or Max Resistances (-25%) now nets you +50% Favor every 10 to 15 minutes instead of only +30%

Reworked God Events

Explosive clusters are about to blow you up …

• Instead of appearing all at once after a long delay, they now appear in two groups, 3 clusters and 10 clusters, with either a short delay of 3 seconds, or 11 seconds, until the next group spawns
  • Instead of up to 14 clusters, there can now appear up to 200 clusters (There is no threshold)
  • Reduced explosion radius
    • You can now trigger them without taking damage if you are precise enough
  • Increased placement radius (Now larger than the size of Devil’s Crossing)
  • Strategy: Get the fuck away from wherever it was triggered or in case you are fighting inside an arena, try to pop the clusters so that they won’t pile up — Consider waiting for the event to happen before going into an arena

The gods are about to halt your progress …

• Added Disappointed Zombies with new curses which now last 10 minutes (Previously 3 minutes)
    • Resistances — All Resistances -12% & Max Resistances -3%
    • Health — Health Points -15% & Health Regeneration -15%
    • Damage — Damage -15%
    • Speed — Total Speed -12%
    • Experience — Experience Modifier -40% (Previously -250%)
  • Added Treacherous Zombies
    • Casts a curse with positive modifiers — Experience Modifier +25% & Total Speed +10% & Damage +5%
    • Has a differently colored name, so one can spot them
  • You can get all curses from only one triggered event
  • Increased curse radius
  • Increased placement radius
  • Strategy: Isolate the Treacherous Zombie for the good stuff, avoid the rest (duh)

The gods are sending you aid …

• Increased placement radius

(+) = Both versions
(–) = Non Lightweight version

EDIT: Balance is questionable, so feedback is welcomed.

Have fun. ~

Follow the instructions from the Opening Post!

2 Likes

Thank you for being able to doggo again in the same game session.It’s one way to fix if the mob that remove buffs are still it.Don’t know if mamba removed him/her on tthe recent update.

I actually made the buff not dispelable.

Now I did not know that the dog would just disappear (no idea why he does), was a big oversight from me. This meant you could not even re-apply any buff or blessings after dying … did this not bother anyone???

Do Beutekugelns have set level? Or loot is equal to current char level? So you can keep them to pop on higher level.

For some reason I have a lot of “Vampiric” preffix on low levels. Not sure is it some weight problem or just luck.

I tried to check myself, but those .dbr are hell to understand because affixes don’t have name. Spent two hours extracting everything and comparing files without any result.

On the good side I found how to change global affixes weights. Replace lines in all files:

bothPrefixSuffix,500,
rareBothPrefixSuffix,250,
rarePrefixNormalSuffix,500,
normalPrefixRareSuffix,500,
noPrefixNoSuffix,315000,
prefixOnly,12500,
rarePrefixOnly,5000,
suffixOnly,12500,
rareSuffixOnly,5000,

Old was too much noPrefixNoSuffix for my liking, I made it a little bit more happy.

Btw, twice I forgot to call Doggo at the start, and after that his thing (egg?) was not working, I had to restart. Always works when I call him at the start of the session. Don’t remember how long it took to bug out.

Turns out he doesn’t work near stash, thats probably the reason it failed in those cases.

I just thought the doggo just appearing once per session was your intended limit on it. Sure it bothered me since I do tend to die. But just accepted it.
I dont suppose you would make a version w/o the gods event or does that cheat you told me before still work? & when you do it by console it doesnt give any feed back if you entered it correctly. So I wasnt sure if it was disabled or not. Never ran into it. I havent upgraded since because I dont want all the gods event stuff.

No, they are equal to your current character level, so keep them until you need them!

That already got mentioned before! Could not figure out why, though. Loading into the base game without any mod with a level 100+ character also results in mostly getting vampiric prefixes, so it has nothing to do with the mod, besides the higher level.

Beutekugeln work fine, like here, not one vampiric prefix

I will try to figure something out, again, although no idea where to start. For now, Beutekugeln should compensate this plenty enough.

EDIT: You mentioned “low levels”, I thought this only happens with level 100+?

These weights do look a bit ridiculous, but they actually make no sense, I assume they get influenced by something else. For example, double affixes should be extremely rare, but they are a lot more common than single affixes.

This was indeed intended for multiple reasons, though the dog was also supposed to stay where he got summoned. I should play my own mods more to notice this stuff.

Yes, type “character.GrantPlayerToken ULTIMATE_MECHANIC_DEACTIVATED” to disable them, and “character.RevokePlayerToken ULTIMATE_MECHANIC_DEACTIVATED” to enable them.

Now that you can summon the dog whenever you want, these events should be a lot more manageable, since you can trade Beutekugeln to up the chances for good events after each one easily.

Nope, low level for me. I was just high but then I randomly die facetanking some FG mini-boss and “hello Jarvis, I’ll be back”. That’s why your mod is a must for me.

And this Vampiric is on the low levels uniques, in Normal first Act. Not much, but enough to notice. Strange thing indeed.
It is only about uniqies (I don’t read single rares), so it is possible something with Affixes mod. If not then I guess it will not be easy to find.

ok reinstalled had nps with the install. Doggo is staying in my inventory now after using. Tx for that. I like the new info provided on doggo.

Also questions. When you type in that deactivate code does it have to be put in each time you play your char? or is it permanent for that char? & does it apply to all DOM chars or just the one?

Ugh new problem my quest logs have broken & its not just one char. Anyway to fix that? on low levels it dont matter but I have several in higher difficulties so not liking that.

I went ahead and straight up removed the lifeleech prefix, and this seems to have fixed the problem. I don’t have time to test it thoughtfully though.

No idea what has caused this issue, the Vampiric prefix is exactly set up like the others, but it is the only one that prevents the others from getting rolled. Removing it results in all others to appear equally often.

Potential Fix for Dominant Prefix.zip (38.1 KB)

Permanent, and it only works for the character you have used it on.

Try to rename the Maps.arc to Levels.arc inside the ‘dom/resources/’ directory.

Remember that you should have a backup of all your characters from the patching process, though your current characters are fine.

1 Like

I just wonder, what is the point of

3a. Select ‘Mod’ > ‘New…’ > Create a mod named ‘skip’

Can we just copy this to affixesUniques\database and rebuild arz?

Yeah, you can do that.

Point of this extra step is to skip the deletion process, which deletes everything inside the resources folder, since the source files are missing. This is also the fix for the standard version without Affixes for Uniques, where this prefix was also dominant on normal items (> Level 100).

1 Like

Why don’t Beutekugelns have name when dropped? So we can see them good and clear and be happy when they drop. Also sometimes they are unreachable without clicking on name-tag.

They do? You might not notice some of them, since they are a rarity you probably filter out (e.g. Common or Magical). I could just color code them instead and make them a quest item, but they have to have a rarity, to limit the drop frequency of epic and legendary Beutekugeln (uniques get blacklisted for a while after they drop, I believe).

By the way, the rare Beutekugeln have a drop sound when not instantly picked up, in case you have not noticed yet.