Lightweight Mod for Speeding Up the Leveling Process

• Changed the way the NPC is summoned, so points 2, 4 and 5 should be fixed
  • Changed the dog to a normal NPC, should fix point 3
  • Changed the way the spheres pop, should fix point 1, which means that now everyone should be able to pop them

Basically screw that lua stuff in multiplayer, most stuff is now done without it.

Important: Spheres always pop where the last NPC was summoned. To avoid any problems, re-summon the NPC before popping any spheres.

The last summoned NPC always glows, although this might not work perfectly fine.

Delete previous ___Lightweight Mod folder. Reinstall the mod properly (don’t use patcher.bat). You should be able to install it over the current dom version, so no need to reinstall dom.

Lightweight Mod (Compatibility for Multiplayer).zip (1.7 MB)

1 Like

Hello, i have a question can i gdstash Experience scrolls?

Not sure, but you can just use the in-game console for that (in Custom Game).

Type:
game.give “records\__mod\scrolls\experience_scroll_l.dbr”

For small and med type instead experience_scroll_s / experience_scroll_m.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll give it a try.

Hello,
Quick question…
I have merged NonLightweight version of this mod, DoM and Affixes, everything seems to be working fine… Except for one thing: Inventory bags are shown bigger size, but items can be placed only on vanilla inventory spaces…
Is there any fix for that? Or NonLightweight version is not supported to be merged with DoM?

@Furci NonLightweight version is supported, and I assume you also downloaded and installed the compatibility patch?

I just gave it a try (to test the patch below), and it worked for me fine. You could try to fully reinstall dom (latest version) and then this mod, and see if the issue persists.

Also you should probably not use the Affixes for Uniques patch for dom, since it overwrites modified loottables.

Patch 2

Changes

• (–) Changes to Mystic River
    • Added multiple difficulty levels, as seen below
    • Added a dialog option that shows roughly the current amount of moves (Grid Level)
  • (–) Slightly lowered drop chance of Beutekugeln

(+) = Both versions
(–) = Non Lightweight version

Follow the instructions from the Opening Post!

2 Likes

Hey o/
I managed to make it work! Thanks for your tips and your work on your mods!
The problem was that I tried to increase running/attack/casting speed caps. That somehow broke inventory bags when merging two mods…

1 Like

Thanks to this, the problem of Sam being summoned automatically is gone. However, users have reported that computer crashes have become more frequent as follows.

1. The computer crashed between 30-60 minutes after I started playing. In particular, it stayed frozen at the loading screen when entering and exiting the lift/cave. It also crashed when the host and guest entered and exited lifts/caves at the same time.

2. Every time a guest entered or exited a lift or cave, the message “You have received the Stone of Sam” was displayed. Also, the screen load time at that time gradually became longer and the computer processing became slower.

1. This was a very minor oversight from me, quickly fixed this. (Run Patcher.bat for this)

Lightweight Mod (Compatibility for Multiplayer) Fixed Message Popup.zip (1.7 MB)

As for the crashes, no idea. The mod does almost nothing besides sometimes dropping a sphere or potion, as well as adding the “dog”, which is now just a normal NPC. The buggy stuff was all due to lua stuff not working for multiplayer, which I all removed.

So I don’t know where to start here, there’s nothing I can make simpler. If they don’t mind, they could try to play without the Lightweight mod to see if these crashes persist? The first point seems to be easy to reproduce.

Thanks, I’ll report back later.

Reported by users.

1. Beutekugel could now be popped by guests as well, but in that case, the items did not appear at all. This is not a major problem, as the Beutekugel can be popped normally by giving it to the host.

2. The “You have received the Stone of Sam” message no longer appears when entering and exiting lifts/caves, and the loading screen is now much faster and no longer crashes.

They are very grateful to you. Thanks for taking the time to fix this for multiplayer!

Great to hear that the second point got fixed, although I have no idea how!

Popping Beutekugeln currently works like this: If current player interacting has sphere, show dialog option > Click dialog option > Run function that spawns sphere on latest NPC > Destroy that sphere instantly on spawn with FX effect. At no point is it linked to a player, besides the first one, so no clue why it only works for the host.

Everyone wanting to pop spheres should spawn the NPC right before doing so themselves, maybe it will work then.

1 Like
  1. It would be nice to loot the best chests&goat after every 100 turns (on grid 100+).
    Guarded by 3 (diablo 2/3 or other powerful) nemesis?

Mobs should stop respawning (&grid stop turning/activating) after every 100 gridlevel, until player has gone back to the NPC and ask to further advance.

This would give the player time to defeat the remaining mobs and loot the valueable chests.

Could you kindly link a picture of the Goat?

1. Maybe add a quest for the map, that says “reach grid level 2000”. It keeps counting the grid and resets the count when you leave the map.

2. Secret area grid, it’s too easy to missclick (especially fighting mobs in the grid).
    Maybe have it appear in corner grid every 100 grid?

Hey, maybe you missed it, but I already released an update that improved some stuff. > Update Post

1. Addressed that in the update, sort of.

2. Would have to play the grid until I get one to get a picture with the rune, but last time I tested it, it spawned for me — also, when the dog works, the goat does too. It might be quite hard to see due to the glowing rune, though.
    But in the end it does not really matter, the goat is just cosmetic, you should still see the rune.

3. Addressed that too, sort of.

4. Which secret do you mean? You mean that extremely small chest? Oh, you meant the teleporter/exit, obviously. You can just get back in after going through it.
    Teleporter should move around the grid, since it is supposed to be quite hard to even get out of the dungeon.

Could you kindly update the txt-files for update 2?

Or maybe (even better) show us how to convert cnv files to txt?

As for the text for translators, Van_Houck has already updated the OP’s [Translation Templates].

Irgav dialog is not fully there =)
(he has a new dialog options)

As far as I can see, all the changes regarding Mystic River have been added and updated. I checked it in Conversation Editor and it was fine. (_mod.txt, TilegameConv.txt, TilegameMidConv.txt)

I think you missunderstood me; I meant the Rainbow filter zip-file does not contain any of the LW update 2 (from November 8th) - dialogs (Mystic River - Irgav).

So there is no issues with the LW-mod update 2. The dialog in the game is fine when I don’t have Rainbow filter selected (only when it’s selected, as Rainbow filter is not updated for the latest LW release).

Ah, I got it.
The reason I no longer make rainbow files for LW DoM is because the translation file for LW is now attached to this thread OP. If you have the translation file for LW, just copy it to the rainbow file for DoM and it becomes the rainbow file for LW DoM.

1. Download the [Translation Templates] (Translation Files.zip) attached to the OP.
  2. Copy all six files in the ‘Faster leveling (N)’ folder of ‘Translation Files.zip’ into the rainbow file zip.
2 Likes