Lightweight Mod for Speeding Up the Leveling Process

Thanks, but the Zeke of Grimmest conversation (npc_grimmest_01.cnv) works fine, but the trader (Token Bank) conversation (npc_token.cnv) that trades unique items for tokens seems to be disabled. When I put an epic/legendary item in my inventory and press the conversation option with the Trader, it doesn’t respond.

Oh shit, I know exactly why. I will fix it later today.

EDIT: Nevermind.

This should properly fix it, not tested tho.

Lightweight Mod (Compatibility for DoM)

Lightweight Mod (Compatibility for Multiplayer).zip.zip (1.7 MB)

1 Like

Thank you! Now the conversation worked.

hi. what does “experienceLevel,” do in the setting?

You mean inside the playerlevels.dbr? I think it does nothing and it has no value by default.

Patch 3

(–) New Feature — Recycling

Added due to request.

Normal items get instantly recycled into something else the moment they drop. You receive a permanent item through the dog conversation with which you can enable and disable this feature wherever you are.

Recycle Chances are:

• Iron Bits
    • 89%
  • Iron Bits (High amount)
    • 5%
  • Beutekugel (Monster Infrequents)
    • 4%
  • Loot Explosion (Components)
    • 1%
  • Loot Explosion (Legendary)
    • .5%
  • Loot Explosion (Divine)
    • .5%

The idea is that you now acquire new rare equipment through the Beutekugel (Monster Infrequents) that commonly drops from the recycling process.

This is completely optional, so just ignore it if you don’t want to use it.

Changes

• (–) Fixed some of the encounters from the friendly God Event being hostile
  • (+) Added skill bar icons to some items

(+) = Both versions
(–) = Non Lightweight version

I tried multiple ways to get a recycle feature working, but unfortunately this is all I managed.

Enjoy. ~

Follow the instructions from the Opening Post!

2 Likes

Good things support it

Patch 4

Changes

• (–) Added the legendary Beutekugel (Iron Bits) — Popping it causes lots of small satisfying explosions around you dropping plenty of Iron Bits
  • (–) Added a new item due to request that teleports the player once to their last death location

Receive this teleportation item called Prevents Frustration of Forgetting Popping a Personal Rift through the in-game console: Type the following — game.give “records/__mod/death_item.dbr”

Note: __ are two underscores.

(+) = Both versions
(–) = Non Lightweight version

Enjoy. ~

Follow the instructions from the Opening Post!

1 Like

Ok was trying this again. Could of sworn I did this correctly. Im using nonlight weight for DOM. & did the patch 4. The inventory is screwed up. When I go in it does say im getting the doggo & the G is telling me my settings.
What did i do wrong?

Don’t know, I tried it before uploading (by only using the patch files), and it worked fine. I will give it another try tomorrow again. You could try to do a clean install again (installing dom, then downloading and merging this mod with the patch, then installing this mod).

Keep in mind that a backup was created in your saves folder, so maybe copy that back!

Did a clean install of DOM. Question 1 do i need to erase records files on a clean install of DOM? Did a remerge of the nlw mod & DOM. Did alot of updating like it was suppose to. Then I installed the patch. Now if i understand dont need to remerge again for patch? Was I suppose to erase records again? They looked different so didnt.

So you do this:

1. Install Dawn of Masteries
  2. Download Lightweight Mod
  3. Download Patch 4
  4. Copy & overwrite Lightweight Mod files with Patch 4 files
  5. Install Lightweight Mod

You could also install Lightweight Mod first, then delete these files, and then install Patch 4. I just did not want to bother people with downloading the whole mod again, therefore the option to just patch an existing installation.

lol thats the way I did do it. I didnt realize i was suppose to overwrite lw with patch first. ok will give that a go. & clean install of DOM has no records doh.

Still broke dang it.

Gave a clean installation a try (installing latest Dawn of Masteries version, and re-downloading the Lightweight Mod + Patch 4), and it works for me fine — that means that I receive both, Dawn of Masteries and Lightweight starting items.

EDIT: I did it exactly like I wrote above. You could just continue using the old version, since the patch does not add much. Although the new Beutekugel is super satisfying to use.

ok first i was still running the old dom. Apparently they changed the bags in the new version. I didnt realize that. So i thought they had fubered up. So I started a new char with new bags both doggo & G are there. So DOM & yours are working. BUT when I go into my old char as I posted above I dont seem to get the G for some reason & I lose my stuff in the first bag. Everything in other bags are there. O well. I guess Ill just start over again. I dont think I like the new bags myself anyway to put them back. I suppose thats a question for DOM.
Anyway ty so much for your time yet again. I do appreciate your quick responses and patience.

Edit: Doing a major face palm here. Gee just use the autosort key & get stuff back. I completely forgot about doing that. It was cool though to see the writ for DC as a drop right away.

So this mod does work with Dawn of Masteries? Will I have to start a new game?

Yes it works with dom and no you don’t have to start a new game.

I’ve got the lightweight version of the mod integrated with DOM, but it seems like the Rainbow filter mod for DOM it’s showing the Lightweight mod items as just white squares. Do I need to download some files to get the proper text?

Also, is it possible to convert the DOM Lightweight integration into the Instructive version using the installer if I decide to do that, or is it better to do a fresh install?

You have to update the Rainbow Filter files yourself, check this link here. And here are the Translation Templates from the OP, hope these work.

As for the switch to the other version, you should do a fresh install of Dawn of Masteries, and also get the Patch 4 of this mod if you have not done so yet, before installation!

1 Like

Got it going. Thanks.