Lightweight Mod for Speeding Up the Leveling Process

Hey, seems like you already figured out quite a bit.

In addition to playerlevels.dbr you already got, you also need the “records/proxies” folder from the Non Lightweight version (so that all enemies scale above their set limit), so just copy that over and rebuild the database.

Luckily the Pahr Gon stuff is already fully there, despite being disabled. The way you normally get these levels is through the dialog option from the dog. The lua function checks if you already got your MAX_LEVEL_TOKEN_(LEVEL) for each level above level 100, if not then you can receive a Pahr Gon level reward, until you got all these tokens. Since tokens are unique per difficulty, this means you can only use this feature on one difficulty — so in this case only on Ultimate!

All you had to do is enable the dialog option again. I did that for you, so get the .cnv below and update the conversations.arc with it. Not tested, though.

Besides this, use these batch scripts to make your life easier. Just put them all into a mod folder (where database and resources are) and use them to extract and pack all the archives.

dogconversation.zip (2.2 KB)

Archivetool Helper.zip (100.5 KB)

EDIT: Don’t have my own Discord server, but you already asked me in the official one about my insane reasoning of naming the loot spheres Beutekugeln if you remember.

OH HOLY SHIT THAT WAS YOU? i thought you were just a normal ass dude with the mod. i asked if you have the mod ur like “ya” but nope youre literally the creator ROFL

yeah thank you so much, i knew there was something missing, i could sorta tell it was there but disabled, like the attribute/skill/devotion potions, which i already added back into the scrolls loot tdyn. so after each level you talk to the dog and thats the trigger for the paragon level?

do you mean unique per difficulty in what way exactly? as in it will ONLY function if i’m playing on ultimate? or as in the ‘token’ will only be redeemable once in whatever difficulty you’re playing at that moment? so if i get lvl 101 in elite, i’m not gonna get anything in ultimate? or is it actually just hardlocked to ultimate only?

Yes, exactly. You don’t have to do that after every level, though.

The dialog option only appears on Ultimate, else you would be able to get these rewards for each difficulty, so more than once. You could play to level 115 on Elite (though I think all enemies would have a level cap), and then go to Ultimate to receive your 14 Pahr Gon level rewards, and afterwards you could basically go back.

Hi, I haven’t seen any updates for your mod since DOM was updated to 1.2.7 and I wanted to know if your LW mod is still compatible with the new DOM version. I love your LW mod and now I can’t play without it. Keep up the good work making playing GD an even more amazing experience, and I hope you update soon if it is required.

Yes. I quickly checked the files after release to see if there were updates to common conflicting files, and could not find any, so everything should work fine! Just let me know if not.

Final Update (2)

New God Event — Dungeon Keys

Added a new God Event that rewards you Dungeon Keys. This event has a 37.5% chance to happen as a positive event and scales with your Corruption Level.

Using a Dungeon Key on the Ruined Memorial in Devil’s Crossing unlocks it and gives you a chance for one of the new dungeons added with this update.

New God Event — Gullom

There is now a chance that Gullom and his brother appear as a negative God Event. They will follow you around, and whenever you hit them, they will shit spawn explosive Aether Crystals out of nowhere. After a certain time, they will go away.

Each time you hit them, you have a low chance to get rewarded either a loot sphere explosion or a Dungeon Key.

New Location — Duunart Swamp

A swampy area that is inhibited by trolls. The area has four bosses you can randomly encounter, as well as many hidden, or more precisely, buried chests, which can easily be missed.

Duunart Swamp (Fortress)

You are the core. You have drastically reduced health and damage. Use several different defenses to halt the enemy advancements towards you.

Besides defenses, you can also activate there are gates that close down if an enemy gets close enough, changing their path to a different and longer lane. A rune near the fortress entrance eliminates any enemies that got through your defenses — up to 10 are free, more eliminations require an investment. Everything requires a certain currency, which you get after each completed wave. The further you get, the better rewards you receive.

Changes from Nydiamar

• Added new possible waves: Skeletons and Ghosts
  • Elevated some tower placements to improve their targeting
  • Closing gates are now enabled by default
  • Closed up / narrowed down the area
  • Gate to fortress area will now stay open, to allow kiting enemies during waves
  • Added a pre-placed Lightning Tower to the entrance
  • Increased damage of Lightning Tower to enable it to kill Heroes
  • Increased free Death Rune eliminations from 5 to 10
  • Fixed [Clear all enemies] option to not destroy towers
  • Left-over currency now gets taken before going in
  • Text improvements

A bit less broken now.

New Location — Noitalacse Island

An arena where spawns of enemies escalate further and further the longer you survive — until you no longer can handle them. 4 spheres appear in each corner after a short delay. Popping them all gets you a reward that gets better the more often you manage to do this.

You can change the type of enemies that appear to several others, including a random option that spawns a mix of everything.

There is also an Extreme Mode, which escalates the spawns even faster, but also increases the rewards you gain as well as decreases the respawn delay of the spheres, yielding you even more loot over time.

Changes from Nydiamar

• Adjusted rewards
  • Changed soundtrack

New Location — Yeci Island

This one is completely new!

You pop the totem in the middle, you get a random event. This could be one of many different ambushes, such as a boss rush, or it could be a loot explosion, a fight between a friendly and hostile Nemesis, and a few more!

You have to pay a fee for each attempt. Four different difficulties influence the type of encounters you get, how many spawn locations get used at once, and the quantity of loot rewards. Also added one not-so-new enemy type.

New Location — Where the Time Goes

Survive for 6 minutes. The spawns of enemies escalate further as the soundtrack builds up.

Changes from Nydiamar

• Enemies in there now look a bit cooler and more fitting
  • Enemies no longer drop loot besides Heroes
  • Changed the script so that Heroes continue to spawn until the end
  • Added an additional final wave
  • Added several loot explosions as a final reward
  • Added notification to not pause the game

New Location — Crate

Crate? Crate.

Changes from Nydiamar

• Crate
  • Crates are now target-able, like they normally are
  • Changed soundtrack

Changes to Existing Content

• Catching Mechanic
    • Lowered the chance to catch a Nemesis from 20% to 5%
    • Lowered the amount of rolls the legendary Soul Vessel has from 10 to 6

Updated Translation Templates and the Source.

Hope ya enjoy it, took me a lot of effort. Seriously, this took me too long, way longer than planned. ~

Follow the instructions from the Opening Post!

4 Likes

地图???

Why is downloading not a custom map? It’s FG

This is basically the Forgotten Gods map but modified with new areas.

You see this circled eye / entrance icon. This is new!

Sorry, I got confused and thought it should be Nydiamar’s map. :grin:

I downloaded these two compressed packages:
Lightweight Mod (Compatibility for DoM)-FinalUpdate2.zip
Faster Leveling (Custom Game)-FinalUpdate2.zip

Are they essentially the same mod? Why are the names different.
Lightweight Mod
Faster Leveling

Yes, I just messed up the naming there.

This mod is great, thank you for working so hard on it!

Im new to the mod, I just integrated your mod with dom. Im now confused as hell as how to get rainbow filter working properly. I dl’d the translation rar, but I dont know what file or .rar I am supposed to use it with. There is so much going on in this topic Im pretty lost! Thanks for any help!

edit

I think I did it correctly? I am playing lightweight, I put the 2 files from the L folder into the latest rainbow file .rar in the localization folder. Am I close?

Yeah you did, have fun!

Hello, please ask two questions:
狗问题1

What does this random conversation do?

狗问题2

This option has no function. Is it normal?

Nothing. It is just the dog greeting you in different languages.

No, no idea how I managed to add this dialog link accidentally. I will remove it should I do a patch eventually.

New to the mod and the game and I had a question. I see these orbs every once in a while and I can’t interact with them at all. Is that supposed to be something?

These are the loot spheres (called Beutekugeln), normally they should get automatically picked up, like components, but sometimes this somehow does not work. When this happens, try to hold ALT (“disable loot filter”, since this might be a common sphere) and see if you can then pick it up.

By the way, if you are completely new to Grim Dawn, I really recommend you to just play without any mods at all until you got through everything and might get bored! Maybe consider using Rainbow Filter, but nothing else is really a must-have, the game is already great!

2 Likes

Your booty balls are normal and can be picked up automatically. It’s not a booty ball, but a smashable ball left after killing a hero monster or boss.

Oh, my loot spheres do sometimes glitch for some reason, so that’s probably the case. And they can’t interact with it too, so it can’t be a hero sphere.

I find when I cant autopickup the balls its because they are not on the ground. The’re on top of something or not on the same level as you. I just run around it and try and come at it at a different angle.

I know, because monsters are hit and fly, some monsters will be hit into the sky, some will be hit into the ground, some will be hit out of the cliff, and then drop items, which will lead to failure to pick them up.