Lightweight Mod for Speeding Up the Leveling Process

Could maybe only work with the dog and it’s buffs (maybe the merchant too, for the XP-vial and attribute/skill/devotion resets)?

Maybe too hard with the sphere drops.

So my personal recommendation to play this mod would be max level 125, devotion cap 68, a Dawn of Masteries class combination, and Grimmest tuned up a bit. The additional points and the Blessings should compensate any equipment shortcomings, at least for these 25 levels.

Anything above level 125 won’t be “balanced” anymore, and really would just be a challenge. My other mod Nydiamar Dungeons at least provides an end you could reach (like a really long Rogue-Like dungeon, but with max level 200), but that mod is unfortunately not compatible with DoM.

That mod was (/is) great!

DoM has been updated to v1.2.5, so I rebuilt LW DoM with the patch, and Grimmest no longer works. No matter which choice I make in Zeke’s conversation, it remains “Grimmest off”.
Could you fix the patch?

Are you using Rainbow Mod for DoM, because the error is in that one

Grimmest in LW DoM does not work with or without the use of Rainbow file. I have confirmed that Grimmest works fine with normal DoM.

Edit: In the save data, it’s in the previously set Grimmest state, so I feel like Zeke’s conversation in LW DoM is not tied to Grimmest. (The settings display does not appear when I finish a conversation.)
It was the same with the patch for multiplayer.

I have uploaded a fix that probably fixes the problem, although I have not tested it.

Lightweight Mod (Compatibility for DoM)

Lightweight Mod (Compatibility for Multiplayer).zip (1.7 MB)

Thanks! I’ve confirmed that Grimmest works fine in all versions.

Just wanted to give you a heads up, seems like the loot spheres aren’t able to be picked up. At least not the white and green ones, they have no nametag. I was however able to pick up a purple one that dropped for me in a boss area. I’m not sure if the dropped ones are supposed to float to be hit, but they are on the ground with no way of working with them. Exp buff makes it easier, but the extra boost those give would help. Thanks! :slight_smile: I should probably mention that I have tried lightweight and non lightweight from the nexus, and then I tried the file from your multiplayer patch to no avail.

1. White and green (well, all of them) loot spheres are affected by your loot filter, so that is why they do not have any name tag for you. They are basically quest items and get automatically picked up like components.

2. Now I’m not sure about them staying on the ground. Sometimes they might be “out-of-reach” even though standing right next to them, which means auto pick up does not work. If you press “show all items” you should be able to pick them up.

3. If point 2. is not the case, then the mesh of the loot sphere might be glitched, so that even after having the sphere picked up (automatically), the mesh stays.

What Ive found on loot spheres is like he said auto pick up BUT if they are not on your level you cannot pick them up. If the sphere shows up on top of something you will not be able to pick them up. They are out of reach. Question: Is all the white & green spheres not being picked up? or just some of them. Are they showing up in your inventory? Do you keep track of how many you have before you try & pick up?

Sorry for the late reply, they are all staying on the ground and none of them have gone to inventory. I’ve never had nor been able to pop a white or green sphere.

I gave my worked on source a try. So apparently loot spheres are always hidden, not just through the loot filter, which means showing white items does not show white loot spheres. You have to hold ALT to have them show up, which normally should not be a problem, since they get automatically picked up.

If they get stuck on the ground, hold ALT to show all items, and then click them to pick them up. Although I can’t guarantee that this works.

The loot below on the ground is from a Beutekugel (Uncommon) that I just dropped before and then popped.

1. DoM has been updated to v1.2.6 and a new NPC conversation (npc_token.cnv) has been added, but the conversation is now disabled. (as with Zeke in previous versions)
    Could you make a patch to enable this NPC conversation?
    Edit: This NPC may be removed due to a glitch that causes equipped unique items to be dismantled, so we’ll have to wait and see about this conversation for a while.
    Edit2: Since this NPC survived the DoM v1.2.6a update, please add a fix for this conversation.

2. The lack of the slot icons for this mod is somewhat inconvenient.
    skill_slot_icon

I have not tested it yet, but this should fix it.

Removed Links

The lack of the slot icons for this mod is somewhat inconvenient.

I will add some icons should I do a proper update eventually. Right now I might add the Tower Defense dungeon in the future, since I wanted to finish it properly in my other mod, so in this update then.

2 Likes

Thanks, but the Zeke of Grimmest conversation (npc_grimmest_01.cnv) works fine, but the trader (Token Bank) conversation (npc_token.cnv) that trades unique items for tokens seems to be disabled. When I put an epic/legendary item in my inventory and press the conversation option with the Trader, it doesn’t respond.

Oh shit, I know exactly why. I will fix it later today.

EDIT: Nevermind.

This should properly fix it, not tested tho.

Lightweight Mod (Compatibility for DoM)

Lightweight Mod (Compatibility for Multiplayer).zip.zip (1.7 MB)

1 Like

Thank you! Now the conversation worked.

hi. what does “experienceLevel,” do in the setting?

You mean inside the playerlevels.dbr? I think it does nothing and it has no value by default.