I’ve known of the existence of some guaranteed items that can be found in certain spots throughout the game. Some examples of what I’m talking about (since I might be calling them the wrong thing and there may be an established way to refer to them that I don’t know) are the starter items in the Lower Crossing–like Francis’ Gun and Olman’s Axe–and Leovinus’ Ring, a ring found in an urn cluster in the secret Korvan Oasis. I only recently discovered the existence of the Fettan Mask as another item in this category. However, I haven’t been able to find a comprehensive list of items like this in the game.
What led me to make this post is that Chillheart, a guaranteed-drop item, has no mention whatsoever of how to get it on Grimtools. Without prior knowledge, how would one know that it’s a guaranteed drop and not something that drops by chance?
With that said, could I get some help compiling a list of all of the “planted” items in the game? If there are special conditions for them to drop or they’re a part of a quest, like for the Blazeheart/Stormheart/Chillheart daggers, please mention that as well for completion’s sake. I’ll update this post with the list as I learn more.
The list, insofar as I am aware:
- Sister’s Amulet of Lifegiving (from “A Sister’s Gift”)
- Slith Primal Ring (from “That Good Old Slith Charm”)
- Fortified Doublet (from “The Seamstress”)
- Skinner Family Seal (from “A Family Crisis”)
- Bone/Ivory/Sacred Talisman (from “The Lost Elder”; must select Lie option to receive item)
- Reddan Momento Ring (from “Vengeance”; must kill Isaiah and Josephine Reddan)
- Manticore Longsword (from “Manticore Venom”; also receive a Manticore Venom augment)
- Witch’s Effigy (from “Burn the Taken”; must choose to save Rallia)
- Witch’s Spellblade (from “Burn the Taken”; must choose to side with Nathaniel)
- Bloodsworn Vestments (from “The Bloodsworn Damned”; must help them escape)
- Blueprint: Emblem/Glyph/Rune of Korvan Swiftness (from “Kymon’s Deserters”)
- Blueprint: Emblem/Glyph/Rune of Dreeg’s Vector (from “The Future is Madness”)
- Blueprint: Emblem/Glyph/Rune of Rahn’s Might (from “The Word of Rahn”)
- Blazeheart - (from “Family Matters”; Ultimate difficulty only)
- Stormheart - (from “Daila’s Secret Quest”; breakable urn inside Tomb of Korvaak)
- Mythical Stormheart - (from “Lokarr’s Secret Quest”; breakable urn in Desolate Wastes, must have Heart of Darkness in inventory)
- Francis’ Gun - Rotting Corpse in Lower Crossing north of Devil’s Crossing.
- Olman’s Axe - Rotting Corpse in Lower Crossing southeast of Barrog, the Bloodied.
- Hevill’s Greatsword - Rotting Corpse in Lower Crossing northeast of Devil’s Crossing.
- Ghavlin’s Crossbow - Rotting Corpse in Wightmire southeast of Wightmire Rift.
- Karvor’s Conjuring Bone - Rotting Corpse in Sodden Hollow near Jillius, the Decayed.
- Isaac’s Spaulders - Isaac’s Stash in Wightmire (XP reward for finding it in the quest “A Sacrifice”).
- Slithtongue - Rotting Corpse in Cavern left of Foggy Bank Rift.
- Fettan Mask - Urn Cluster in Korvan Sands in front of entrance to Maw of Enaht.
- Leovinus’ Ring - Urn Cluster in Hidden Refuge north of Temple of Osyr Rift.
- Chillheart - Stand inside the damaging green ritual circle in the Vanguard of the Three for 15 seconds (near here).
- Mildly Amusing Box - guaranteed drop from Crate of Entertainment secret boss.
- Totally Normal Arbiter - Scrap Pile in the Old Grove south of Devil’s Crossing.
- Totally Normal Buckler - Urn Cluster in a secret area of Suffering, the fourth floor of the Steps of Torment dungeon (first floor of the rogue-like section).
- Totally Normal Bulwark - Urn Cluster in the Shrine of the Forgotten God secret area in the Blood Grove.
- Totally Normal Dawnshard - Urn Cluster in the secret area of the Tainted Wood.
- Totally Normal Guardian - Scrap Pile in the Old Grove south of Devil’s Crossing.
- Totally Normal Shield - Urn Cluster in the Shrine of Horran secret area in the Conclave of the Three.
- Fewmet Grips - Urn Cluster in Bonebleach Basin.
- Cauldron of Excitement - Unfortunate Corpse in the secret area of the Malmouth Sewers.
- Fewmets of the Questing Beast - Urn Cluster in Bonebleach Basin; needs the Fewmet Grips in order to use since it has a required level of 101.
12/24/20 EDIT: Cleaned up list, still adding Grimtools links, also added Slithtongue and others mentioned by others so far.