List of Guaranteed Items?

I’ve known of the existence of some guaranteed items that can be found in certain spots throughout the game. Some examples of what I’m talking about (since I might be calling them the wrong thing and there may be an established way to refer to them that I don’t know) are the starter items in the Lower Crossing–like Francis’ Gun and Olman’s Axe–and Leovinus’ Ring, a ring found in an urn cluster in the secret Korvan Oasis. I only recently discovered the existence of the Fettan Mask as another item in this category. However, I haven’t been able to find a comprehensive list of items like this in the game.

What led me to make this post is that Chillheart, a guaranteed-drop item, has no mention whatsoever of how to get it on Grimtools. Without prior knowledge, how would one know that it’s a guaranteed drop and not something that drops by chance?

With that said, could I get some help compiling a list of all of the “planted” items in the game? If there are special conditions for them to drop or they’re a part of a quest, like for the Blazeheart/Stormheart/Chillheart daggers, please mention that as well for completion’s sake. I’ll update this post with the list as I learn more.

The list, insofar as I am aware:

—Quest Items—

• Sister’s Amulet of Lifegiving (from “A Sister’s Gift”)
  • Slith Primal Ring (from “That Good Old Slith Charm”)
  • Fortified Doublet (from “The Seamstress”)
  • Skinner Family Seal (from “A Family Crisis”)
  • Bone/Ivory/Sacred Talisman (from “The Lost Elder”; must select Lie option to receive item)
  • Reddan Momento Ring (from “Vengeance”; must kill Isaiah and Josephine Reddan)
  • Manticore Longsword (from “Manticore Venom”; also receive a Manticore Venom augment)
  • Witch’s Effigy (from “Burn the Taken”; must choose to save Rallia)
  • Witch’s Spellblade (from “Burn the Taken”; must choose to side with Nathaniel)
  • Bloodsworn Vestments (from “The Bloodsworn Damned”; must help them escape)
  • Blueprint: Emblem/Glyph/Rune of Korvan Swiftness (from “Kymon’s Deserters”)
  • Blueprint: Emblem/Glyph/Rune of Dreeg’s Vector (from “The Future is Madness”)
  • Blueprint: Emblem/Glyph/Rune of Rahn’s Might (from “The Word of Rahn”)
  • Blazeheart - (from “Family Matters”; Ultimate difficulty only)
  • Stormheart - (from “Daila’s Secret Quest”; breakable urn inside Tomb of Korvaak)
  • Mythical Stormheart - (from “Lokarr’s Secret Quest”; breakable urn in Desolate Wastes, must have Heart of Darkness in inventory)

—Non-quest items—

12/24/20 EDIT: Cleaned up list, still adding Grimtools links, also added Slithtongue and others mentioned by others so far.

2 Likes

Not sure if they are guaranteed but they look similar
Cauldron of Excitement
Fewmet Grips
Fewmets of the Questing Beast

1 Like

Sahdina’s Memento definitely counts.

If you’re counting quest-specific ones with Blazeheart then I suppose others like the Slith Primal Ring, Skinner’s Family Ring/Torch or Sister’s Amulet of Lifegiving technically count too?

1 Like

There’s also that Witch’ Effigy from that mini-sidequest near the blood grove.

Actually there are two different items, depending on how you decide :wink:

@medea_fleecestealer Slithtongue

Thank you kindly. :slight_smile: Keem 'em coming!

@tqFan Not sure if they are guaranteed but they look similar

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you! Please let me know if you know of/find any more.

@Evil_Baka Sahdina’s Memento definitely counts. If you’re counting quest-specific ones with Blazeheart then I suppose others like the Slith Primal Ring, Skinner’s Family Ring/Torch or Sister’s Amulet of LIfegiving technically count too?

That it does. I didn’t know where it was before looking it up, haha. Thank you! Also, yes, those others count as well; they’re guaranteed, planted items. I’ve added them to the list, thank you.

@UnLimiTeD There’s also that Witch’ Effigy from that mini-sidequest near the blood grove.

Added, as well as the Witch’s Spellblade, as @mamba mentioned, which is obtainable if you go the other way in that quest.

Thanks for the input, guys. I’m still updating the list! Keep 'em coming if you know of any more that aren’t already listed.

The way you made hyperlinks is very painful to use because there’s a search performed everytime you click one.

Instead you could create list of items like this

https://www.grimtools.com/db/itemlist/13725+13726+13727

(https://www.grimtools.com/db/itemlist/ and then numbers of items separated with pluses +)

credit to @eisprinzessin for this

2 Likes