List of items that need stats removed -pet retaliation

Hey, I know with this post I might run the risk of sounding like a salty sour pickled plum, BUT, I honestly believe at this point that for clarity of reading, and for how pointless these few stats are (0 support to make it work in a build), it would be best to just remove them. I’m talking about pet retaliation.
There is currently only 1 player pet that features it, hellhound on its hellfire aura, which is pitiful and not the main selling point of the aura itself.

The items that feature it(that I would like it removed off):
Wildshorn legguards - 20% chance of flat acid retal and flat poison retal + high all ret damage for pets
Draccaris - 10% chance to on attack to give minions flat fire ret (also fire damage, chaos damage and aspd, ret is again a side effect)
Ancestor relic - 100% bonus to all pet retaliation damage
Primal instinct - 1000~ flat phys ret to all pets
Wrathstone material - 84 aether retaliation to all pets

This is it. These are ALL of the items that feature ANY pet retaliation that i could find.
There is 0 synergy between them, and considering there are a total of 5 which you can not even equip all off, since at least 2 share the same slot.
Yes, you can potentially apply additional retaliation to pets trough certain means like Blood of Dreeg (I assume they get all of the benefits), but this just makes it even more confusing since its not labeled as a bonus to all pets, compared to something like wrathstone that lists the player bonus and the pet bonus separately. I did search for items with pet retal on GrimTools, so if I missed any, or if there is a hidden treasure trove of them I apologise, but still, I did not see anyone mention it or feature it in a build at any scale for a long time now.

2 Likes

Hi there, her eis my opinion about this…

I am kinda using this relic for multiple purpose even if its nerfed a bit for my physical pet build and honestly it’s really strong. Like Ravager ez strong we talking here and shard 80.

About other items I am not so sure, maybe leave Draccaris alone too because fire retal is easier to get with hellhound and inq seal but about others I am not so sure, like wrathstone material sure seems useless. That one i could agree on.

What other items/skills are you using to amp up primal instinct? I’ll agree that its a great relic, but not sure how much of an impact the retaliation part has compared to everything else on it. Especially how hard it is to scale it and phys also being affected by enemy armor (I might be wrong on that).

Why are you suggesting things to be removed from items and not adding anything for compensation? It is simply making the items worse for no reason.

Retaliation on Pets is simply an extra bonus. The Wildshorn pants can multiply the values by more than 1000% and that should be enough to at least return some damage to enemies. My only problem with it is that there is no way to properly verify the values. But that’s not a big deal because, as I said, retal on Pets is simply a bonus.

1 Like

I would love more pet retaliation options, as SLima tells us instead removing them…

The relic itself attracted me a bit with phys retal (even if it’s a tiny bit) because having dual briars with their physical retal in them makes sence using it. There is no amplifiying sadly and it’s almost the only source, however it’s better than nothing and against physical attacks it could do quite a bit.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.