Lokarr Kill/Farm guide (DK/BM) (New Players)

Nice guide!

I just wanted to add that one can “power shop” Colossal Bulwark/Fortress at Hyram.

I also prefer to use any relic that gives +1 soldier skills, since we are using so many of them, over Haunt.

Good work on the guide! I didn’t need it, but thanks for reminding me to give Lokarr a go. :wink: What do you know, completed the set in four runs. :smiley: Should have done this much earlier, leveling with the set is great on normal. :slight_smile:

4 runs! Wow the God of RNG was really smiling down on you then. :smiley: Congrats.

1 Like

yeah that is sick

You could add these pictures in the first post, if you want. They go over “how many runs do I need to do to complete the set?” in terms of statistics.
(I made them myself lol)

The chance of someone getting the entire set on his/her first four runs can be calculated by hand if we approximate the drop chance of each item as 25% which is not entirely true. That chance is (4/4)(3/4)(2/4)*(1/4) = 0.09375 = 9.4% which is what my simulation showed.

Yeah, well the RNG Gods are usually a bunch of d***s, so it’s nice to see them smile every now and then. :smiley:

The funny thing about this is that new players don’t need to kill Lokarr. Lokarr is the end boss of all end bosses and the loot he drops is specifically designed to make leveling subsequent characters easier. New players don’t need this loot. Hell, new players probably aren’t even fully geared up on their first one or two toons.

The time invested in trying to kill Lokarr is better spent by new players leveling up their reputation/ infamy for access to gear/ nemesis spawns, or just plain old roguelike dungeon farming.

1 Like

Not true. Lokarr is a totally optional secret boss, not “end boss”.

1 Like

Well, he is the hardest boss to get to, the most difficult boss to kill and totally optional. But I don’t think anyone is out there making videos and builds to beat up on the Warden. The Nemesis bosses are (IMO) easier to beat then Lokarr.

Like twice weaker than Ravager, Callagadra or Mogdrogen. Literally the weakest out of all secret bosses.

I think there’s no difference between Lokarr and Nemesis monsters. They’re all on the same level to me.

Fair enough.

I guess the definition of “new player” is “approx 500 hours or less” judging from the first post.

I did Lokarr on my second char