Lokarr Quest

I tried doing the Lokarr Quest today and obtained every required item according to guides i followed. However, the zombie that is supposed to spawn in the Malmouth Outskirts didn’t show up at all. I have all three required items in my inventory: Heart of Darkness, Sahdina’s Memento and the Mythical Stormheart but no sign of the zombie. I cleared the whole area of enemies before starting the quest because i’m playing a pet build and my pets would just destroy the zombie on sight. Doing it this way allowed me to despawn the pets and walk around freely without having to worry about any attackers. I thought it would work just fine but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I also already did Daila’s quest in the area. I already killed Bandragos, obtained the offering and gave it to her and she gave me the Blazeheart. What am i missing here? Did i mess up and the quest can’t be completed anymore?

clearing the area of monsters can be a bad thing since you can accidentally kill Flaemont
as long as you have the items in inventory he will spawn in one of his 3(4?) locations, all you gotta do is reset session and go to each potential spawn site and he will crawl out of the ground

But that’s the thing. I didn’t have any of the items while clearing the area. I deliberately avoided starting the quest until i could get to this area, kill everything and then i went back and got the items. I figured it would be safer and easier this way but that didn’t work so…

The blue zombie spawns regardless if you have the items or not. You can even open the portal without the items too. So I think You already killed him because you thoughr he only spawns if u have the items which is false. Start a new session and try again.

3 Likes

ngl, this kinda blew my mind for 1¾ second :open_mouth:
kinda amazing how less and less intriguing Lokarr quest appears the more layers you strip away, that you thought were “connected” or mandatory :sweat_smile:

The only thing that will happen is that the ghost will not open the next portal unless you have the items (and that M stormheart will not drop if you do not have the heart of darkness) but the first portal that the blue dude opens you can do regardless of items or not.

1 Like

ye i tested that for myself after reading your post
was already somewhat “disappointed” when i learned about the earlier steps
undead/“black heart” smith being avail from the start, no need to have done any Daila q in vanilla nor even in Malmouth, and can just go to blacksmith get heart right away during Nane’s stash, then immediately get freebies Myth Stormheart in Void afterwards, and then (now) also open port up totally free :smile:
basically there are like 0 mandatory/“connected” steps of the secret quest, if you know the individual triggers aren’t actually related/relying on something other than heart/sword/necklace, and you can just “waltz right into lokarr” :rofl:

1 Like

May seem so easy. But I wouldn’t figure out how to obtain the amulet or what to do with Bleu provided I even spotted him. That’s the hard part with all these quests.

1 Like

hard part is not accidentally selling the necklace if you happen to acquire it accidentally :smile:

Oh, i see. I thought that things wouldn’t happen if the steps weren’t done in the correct order. I guess i just destroyed the zombie the first time then. I opened a new session and managed to get him to the blue circle and spawn the portal. Lokarr was really hard. He spawns a lot of guys and his attacks are quite hard to avoid. I barely managed to beat him. I had to run around like crazy and try to stay outside of the range of his stun attack. He is pretty much a harder version of Alkamos and that’s something.

The last time i had to run like this during a fight was when i decided to spawn Callagadra in Normal difficult to see if i could beat her. I was level 69 at the time. It was a total nope. I couldn’t scratch her and she was destroying me and my pets so i thought: “I’ll just run away until she resets and return to that little area where she spawned from.”. HA HA HA! No. That’s not how it works. At all. She isn’t bound to that area. She can chase you very, very far. I ran from her all the way to the exit of the Temple City of Osyr and she was in my neck the whole time. I had to find an opening to open my riftgate in order to escape. It was a close call. For the sake of science, i decided to sit there in the town for some time and wait to see if she was going to come after me and kill all the NPCs. It didn’t happen which is kind of a shame. It would have been really funny if something like that could happen.