Longer boss battles in multiplayer

I love the epic 2-stage boss battles in this game, but they finish way too quick in multiplayer. In single player they were just fine for me, but in multiplayer we killed the bosses before they even got to finish most of their dialogue. My friends expressed that they felt let down by how fast and easy the boss battles were. We would love to see these battles drawn out more! Maybe something like semi-frequent invincible-frame animations before big attacks. Or maybe simply more health points. I don’t think they need to deal more damage or be overhauled, just last longer.

It would help if you wrote what level are you and what difficulty you are playing and what bosses exactly felt underwhelming.

2 Likes

I complely agree with Ninjared and its actually dont really matter what boss and level. Multiplayer scaling makes every battle in game lasts 2x or 3x shorter, because monsters gain very low amount additional health (i saw calculations somewhere on forum, and its about 17% additional health for bosses on ultimate per additional teamm8), but overall damage of party rises more than twice in number if u play duo, and even more in trio.

Well to be more specific, my fiends and I are playing on normal difficulty, non-veteran. The bosses I am referring to are all of the main-story bosses. I am both comparing the multiplayer experience to my 4 runs through the game in singleplayer, as well as comparing it to other ARPG’s. As Avernes mentioned, it seems that boss’ health do not scale well when adding more players. Even just playing with 2 of us, the main story bosses were always dead in under a minute, not even enough time for them to launch all of their different attacks. That is a drastically different experience than what I had fighting bosses by myself (with the exception of playing as a Cabalist, which was outrageously easy). I am aware that this is the lowest difficulty, and is considered by many players to be an “introduction” into the game, but for my friends who are just starting, it was a let down, which is why I am making the suggestion.

Well, then, play on Veteran, why don’t you. See if it makes a difference or not.

1 Like

Playing on veteran does nothing to address the details of my suggestion. The purpose of this thread, as stated in its title, is to request that the boss battles last longer. I’m not asking to increase the difficulty of the entire game from beginning to end, as checking the veteran box does. It’s a very, very simple suggestion.

A quick follow-up:
I did some reading, and it does not appear that the enemy HP scaling will ever be changed, including bosses. A poll showed that most players didn’t want it to be touched. So, I have begun writing a small mod to change the boss’ HP in multiplayer myself. :smile: I will share it with the community when I’m finished.

@Ulvar1 Yea, I downloaded and tried out that mod from adoomgod a few days ago, but he stopped updating it in October, and I didn’t particularly like some of the changes the mod made. Since the goal of my post here was to request that boss battles last longer, that will be a bigger focus in my mod than simply increasing the HP scaling for all monsters. In plus, it’s nice to be able to customize things exactly the way you like. :smile:

1 Like

I did more than that. I was working on each boss fight. I had made a lot of custom skills for every boss as well as made them beefier. Well, time to redo the damn thing anyway.

2 Likes

Cool I’ll definitely check it out again! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.