Looking for advice on PRM crit build

Hi,

So I was messing with Grimtools, trying to theorycraft a 4k OA build while maintaining all around decent stats and I end up with a PRM warlock that seems … playable :

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYdAJJZ

Still, I don’t have much experience with endgame content and the build may have issues I’m not aware of. The ones I can see is low RR and health, and I also have some doubts about dmg bonus and res overcap.

Anyway, any constructive comment will be welcomed :wink:

Seems like it might be ok. The lack of RR will likely make it less overall damage than a pure RR-focus.

It would be interesting to see how it compares in practice to a more RR-focus. ie, whether the higher crit% and average damage makes up for the base damage with extra RR. RR is, in effect, extra % damage…much like crit damage.

• Assuming ~harder mob 2200 DA vs 4000 crit, you’d see 35%? crit chance. So 1/3 of the attacks will crit. for ~ double damage.

• 30% more RR (if applied) means~30% more damage each attack…but some RR isn’t an instant application

So could be interesting to see this in play.

So many things are done wrong here.

Wrong exclusive, should be Star Pact. Wrong skill distribution - no points in Arcane Will, Nullification, Fabric of Reality. Wrong devotions: missing out all the juicy tier 3 procs and most importantly, missing out on RR.

But most importantly, OA scales very poorly after 3500 mark. After you reach 3500-3600 pure OA (which is also a gimmicky thing to do on most builds) it’s better to invest in other stuff that give you damage like RR, %damage, racial damage, crit damage.

Thanks for the information, especially the insight on OA treshold and racial damage.

I don’t see the point about Star Pact though … is it that useful for a fire / lightnig build without any particular need for high CDR ?