Looking for best build to farm gear for other chrs

Tried a vitality cabalist recently but was wondering if there was other chr builds that would help me farm for gear and were just stronger over all? looking for something that can do crucible and campaign.

There are plenty, it depends on how much gear you already have.

Forcewave Deathknight or witchblade is easy to do from scratch and was one of my main-farmers for a long time when I started GD. It deals lots of damage both AoE and to single targets.

Just get a big two-hander (mace or axe, you do not want armor piercing) with lots of physical damage and cast speed and get some of the faction items that supports forcewave.

which one would be better the death knight or witchblade?

They are basically the equal, witchblade you can get some physical resists and loads of acid resists for “free” on a deathknight you get more life and offensive ability (and also a damage absorber in Mark of torment). Both have physical resist and slow debuff. For the witchblade, you need to spend more points into the Occultist skills though.

Both should be able to farm Challenger Cruci up to 150 pretty easy. Which one you take is more of a preference what you wanna do with the char later on I’d say.

are there any guides on both here on the forum or should i just youtube it?

Check out this thread for Death Knight. Should get you started pretty well.

I dont think there are up-to date beginner builds for them here and neither on YT

I PM’ed you a very basic Forcewave Deathknight. It is very simple to do.

I have planned to do beginner build series on YT in a couple of weeks actually and post it here as well.

Aimed towards Cadance as end-game build, but it do mention the level up process with Forcewave to some extent yes.

The best build to farm gear with is the build you enjoy playing the most.

A VERY true statement! Even if you have what is the most “objectively best” build - farming takes a lot of time and is RNG based. The ability to enjoy that ride and being able to execute the build is very important. Otherwise one can get burn-out rather quick and you’re ain’t getting those legendaries if you don’t play!

If there were some sort of mandatory must-read post after registering on the forums, this sentence should be at the top. :wink:

Oh yea, try Ptirodaktill’s Aether CDR Spellbinder build in the Compendium; that thing wrecks faces and pretty much everything else. This is the only build that I’ve been able to kill Lokarr with so far and it did it in something under 20 seconds - I didn’t actually time it. I think I saw one John Bourbon clone as they were dying too fast. :slight_smile:

Edit: For stupid spelling error.

Stay as the vitality cabalist! Respec as DW melee and you can do very nice damage even in just greens. skill point allocation as in this link will work for farming: E.g https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDXzzWZ (just use vit weapons with attack speed + the lvl 25 or 35 relic that grants dual wield, heavy armor (expansion faction gear is fine) and use dual riftstone or a beronath shard as weapon components). Pros of the build: 2 riftstone makes for very fast traveller and good damage skill at same time, good for speeding to end of steps of torment. Very high life steal. Cons: Weak to big physical hits, you can take possession if you need more tankiness and get life steal from revenant devotion if you need.
Optimise it for farming involves scrapping doom bolt+time dilation for other stats, its just my sub-optimal melee caster hybrid build :P.

As Cabalist caster single target Doom bolt suffers without +skill and conversion.

this one?
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GwKEL2
Full myth clairvoyant set, and so on… you need good stuff to make that build

That’s the one, and yea, he is actually farming for this stuff most likely…sorry OP!

We are looking for builds that can do say SoT, BoC, some nemesis, challenger crucible without a full myth leg set and so on :slight_smile:

I know and my answer is still the same. You pick a character you enjoy playing the most as farming is a repetitive grind. If you don’t enjoy the character you will end up quitting.
You only need a top build to farm gladiator 150+ and some of the harder nemesis/super bosses

I replied to you as this:
A VERY true statement! Even if you have what is the most “objectively best” build - farming takes a lot of time and is RNG based. The ability to enjoy that ride and being able to execute the build is very important. Otherwise one can get burn-out rather quick and you’re ain’t getting those legendaries if you don’t play!

The message you are quoting was my reply to n0nfact0r so I have no idea why you replied to me with that quote…

I would recommend fire 2H/ dual pistol purifier http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68097 or http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64584. BiS weapon for this build is a faction blueprint, so no need to rely on RNG. Or you can get dual Sigillis pistols, performance is similar.

This build will be great with mediocre gear while farming and once you get Justicar Set and Elemental Balance rings it will absolutely wreck everything in this game except Raver/Mogdrogen.

Your best bet would be to farm SoT/BoC (Ancient Groove will be prolly too hard to farm with mediocre gear) and once u get required items you can farm 150 glad Crucible.

You still have RNG for the materials to craft desolator